PDA

View Full Version : Help - putting jpg's and MP3's on PSP

scallywag
July 6th, 2005, 12:28
Hi guys

I have tried searching through the forum before posting but I can't see anything specific to my problem.

I got myself a US PSP and was hoping to move some pictures and music into it,

Now I use ITUNES for my music and I know they are in MPEG4 format and I need to get them in MP3 before moving them (any help on how to do that would be great)

However I am having problems moving JPG's onto the PSP.

I use a standard Sony USB cable and plonk it in the top of my PSP and into the laptop. Turn on the USB function on the PSP and my laptop recognises it and I can view whats in there (e:/). So I take a JPG from my laptop and move it onto the e:/ where my PSP is sitting.

I disconnect the PSP and see that the memory on the memory stick has come down so the data is on there. However when I go to Photo's on my PSP and click on the memory stick duo it says there are no photo's. So what I don't understand is where the picture has gone on my PSP.

If I click on the PSP e:/ on my laptop I can see my save files for games and the JPG's. So I am a little lost.

Sorry if this post is a tad long but I really need some help from some experienced bods

Thanks in advance

Scallywag

Trips411911
July 6th, 2005, 17:46
In your E:\ drive there should be a PSP folder. In the PSP folder should be a photo and music folder. Are you putting the items you want in those folders or just on the main drive? If you just dump everything into the main drive then the PSP will not see it. you have to put music in the music and same for photos (in the photo folder). If you dont have those folders then you need to format your mem stick.

I'm sure you alreday have something to convert your music files to MP3. Check all the options on your current media player.