PDA

View Full Version : ps2 vast memory card?

Zin0099
September 28th, 2007, 05:53
can we converter our mc to ps2 vast with some homebrew tech later on cause i don't here about this modchip mc anymore what happen

it would be cool if some one could make a program to do this:thumbup:

Tesseract
October 1st, 2007, 23:49
Yeah... There really hasn't been any news on Vast since August, unfotunately.... But they wanted to make it freely available once it was ready for release, so we'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: ... While trolling the web for info on Vast, I ran across this interesting forum post (http://psx-scene.com/forums/sony-news/58841-free-vast.html). EEUG is one of the few coders who've taken up the project of homebrew on the PS2 over the years and has some impressive credits under his belt. He was somewhat inspired by the news of Vast, and had this to say:

"...same idea as VAST I think. There is a flaw in some official title (there're not many of them, so I suppose it's quite easy to guess ), so after proper modification of it a "user defined code" can be executed. It is linked to memory card, so it's not possible (well, let's say it is difficult) just to share it. The "title" must be installed first on the particular memory card, and then modified and copied back to the same card (but actual PS2 unit that is used for it can be any modded/exploited). I'm thinking about some kind of installer for SMS for that..."

"...good news . I've managed to run ULE on SCPH-77004 out of the box. SMS doesn't work (black screen). There's still long way to go (the whole procedure is manual and complicated at the moment), but at least it's possible, so "Plan B" is not busted ..."

"...recently I've solved the problem with ps2link/SMS, so now they both work . I'll now try to make some kind of installer/loader or something like that (that will take a while). What concerns me a lot is so-called "legal issues". This thing is bound to a particular memory card (so that copies won't work) and it is NOT possible to make that memory card on unmodded consoles, so it must be prepared elsewhere and I'm afraid that this "elsewhere" will try to make it commercial. Second thing is that the actual modification of the "official title" that makes this all possible is illegal (in accordance to "unauthorized ... adaptation, ... distribution, extraction...are prohibited" clause that comes with that "title"). Any suggestions about it?..."

Sounds promising! Here's hoping we have a new breakthrough as soon as the legalities are addressed!

Zin0099
October 2nd, 2007, 03:08
cool so let me mod my mc