PDA

View Full Version : Rules Update: U Break, U B Banned

Darksaviour69
July 6th, 2005, 13:56
Rules
1: No illegal/improper content such as warez (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez), links to warez, FTP sites with illegal content, etc. This includes Utopia (boot disk) and illegal hacked browsers. No talking about making backup of getting backup/warez running on your system. (i.e. NO posts about UMD iso launcher)

2: No Flameing for any reason.

3: Posting of anything considered spam (signing up just to promote a site, unless relevent to a specifc topic)

4: No posting links to pyramid schemes (i.e. free ipod etc)

5: Any topics trying to sell anything mybe deleted at our discretion (no ebay links to your own auctions).

This is now zero tolerence, if any of these rules are broken, the admistration will/may perminantly ban you without warning

shizzle
July 6th, 2005, 16:10
Why can't we discuss the iso launchers. I mean we don't post links, tutorial or advice about the eboot program, just talking about it's affect, i mean even just posting the one is out gets people in troubles. Other sites get flamed for not posting it, yet we deny all knowledge. I Respect wishes to keep the forums warez free, but we now have people scared to say anything, and people saying that mentioning it is warezing.

Also you never actually ban anyone, and although i'm not questioning it, soon enough after all the warez and flaming and pointless threads, these are just becoming idle threats. Not questioning the mods, just some advice on the site :D

It is a great forum btw.

Darksaviour69
July 6th, 2005, 16:54
since march we have banned 26 people... so yes we do ban! + there are quite a few on a last warning.

it been policy in with the dc scene not to talk about making backups etc, because 90% people are just trying to Warez, and there are loads of site out there that provide that info.

the most of the dreamcast scene has tried to stay legal, and sega have notice that, and think highly of the scene, we (dcemu.co.uk) want the same thing to happen with sony and the psp.

you will not get banned for mentioning the loaders etc, but your not allowed to post link or info about it ( even " oh www.somecrapsite.com host it, try there" is not allowed)

we don't ban people straight away, u will allways will be newbies that don't read the rules... but we reserve the right to ban anyone, anytime time for breaking ANY rules

xuphorz
July 6th, 2005, 17:27
maybe you should change the subject to something everyone will read

try renameing it to something like "psp 1.52 homebrew", so all the noobs will actually read them this time

parabolee
July 6th, 2005, 17:31
I think this is good. I don't want the pirate scene to spoil the homebrew scene.

xuphorz
July 6th, 2005, 17:35
I think this is good. I don't want the pirate scene to spoil the homebrew scene.

same :D
some of the homebrew games are even better than any rom for any emulators ;)

peanut
July 6th, 2005, 17:55
parts of this website promote piracy tho!

it been policy in with the dc scene not to talk about making backups etc, because 90% people are just trying to Warez, and there are loads of site out there that provide that info.
well 99% of people downloading emulators from this site dont have the original copy of the game being loaded, seems like warez to me. So whats the big deal with talking about a loader and stuff!

iq_132
July 6th, 2005, 18:19
Going by Peanut's same logic, I'd have to mention that modchips (which can be discussed here), heavily promote piracy...

xuphorz
July 6th, 2005, 18:23
Going by Peanut's same logic, I'd have to mention that modchips (which can be discussed here), heavily promote piracy...

i thought they were only for piracy......

obelisk
July 6th, 2005, 18:41
is there a chance of penalty for the psp flooder/ drowners that choke the site out of dc posts, what of them?

peanut
July 6th, 2005, 18:42
i thought they were only for piracy......
yeh....crazy rules on this website. they temporarily banned me earlier for mentioning the forbidden words "eye ess ow low der", yet your allowed to talk about modchips. Talking about modchips, the first guy in the uk was convicted on chipping xbox's yesterday

Cap'n 1time
July 6th, 2005, 19:34
yeh....crazy rules on this website. they temporarily banned me earlier for mentioning the forbidden words "eye ess ow low der", yet your allowed to talk about modchips. Talking about modchips, the first guy in the uk was convicted on chipping xbox's yesterday

perhapes so, but in most of the world modchips can be used, and for completely legal things. if you got temp banned, sucks for you. The mods here know what they are doing and if you dont like it find another forum.

parabolee
July 6th, 2005, 19:35
yeah but most of us are here to play homebrew stuff, Emulators and games. Yes game ROMS are technicaly illegall but no one is panicking about them because they are old news, and OLD games, that most of us owned and want to play again. Some game ROMS have been taken down at the request of the authors but most authors are cool with people playing there 10 year+ old games on emulators.

But copying and playing copied PSP games will cause Sony to try extra hard to stop us running "unathorized" code on the PSP.

Jdemon
July 6th, 2005, 19:39
There is a difference between promoting such things (providing info, links, etc.) and merely discussing them as a topic or situation.

RedKing14CA
July 6th, 2005, 19:53
i dont understand this rather silly restriction, nearly all of what we speak of is "illegal"..... like the emulators for the psp are "unauthorized" code, and watching YOUR OWN dvd on your psp is "pirating".... i loathe america, the land of the "free"

Žeddragon
July 6th, 2005, 22:14
wow you guys just keep crying. Just live with rules or this place will change to ps2nfo. (Banning because of no reason)

Cap'n 1time
July 7th, 2005, 00:29
wow you guys just keep crying. Just live with rules or this place will change to ps2nfo. (Banning because of no reason)

well said. this topic should be locked anyways. If you cant obey they rules, then leave. You all seem to so smart that you can decided whats right and whats not, so it should be simple for all of you to perform a task as simple as that.

Onetonbullet
July 7th, 2005, 02:42
Hey, Gimme romz dood!

J\K

Darksaviour69
July 7th, 2005, 10:39
mod chips are not illegal (in most countries), and that guy got convicted because he was selling moded xboxs with a 200gb HD with 80 games on the HD!

Modchips can be used for homebrew and for playing imports, thats why you are allowed to talk about them.

ROMS are not illegal, there are loads of public domain roms that you can use legally

nearly all of what we speak of is "illegal"..... like the emulators for the psp..

err no, emulators are not illegal, and it would only be illegal if we used the offical dev kit for the psp, so it is legal

99% of people are going to use the UMD loader, to play warez, thats why its banned!

F34R
July 7th, 2005, 14:53
I agree DarkS...
There isnt any legit reason to have a UMD Loader. Stick to your guns.

RedKing14CA
July 7th, 2005, 20:45
the only reason i would wan an "eye ess ow low der" is so i dont have to carry around the huge cases to my games.......... i mean :confused: wth, why are they so frikkan huge?

and maybe we could get it to play PS1 "eye ess ows" ( :rolleyes: LOL)

-edit- but piracy is very bad, i mean i think its perfectly ok to conver YOUR OWN DVD to psp format and watch it, but to steal a brand new game and lay it? BAD!!! i mean you wouldnt go to walmart and see coded arms lying and the floor and pick it up, take it outa the case, would you :mad: ?? i know i wouldn't....

music i think is fine, i mean, its like, OMG YOUR STEALING 20 CENTS FROM THE MILLIONARE ARTISTS (they dont frikkan care! :cool: )