PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft extends sales of Windows XP till June 2008

Shrygue
September 28th, 2007, 23:24
via Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/28/microsoft-extends-sales-of-windows-xp-till-june-2008/)

Just a week ago, reports were cropping up regarding Microsoft's decision to give Vista Business / Ultimate customers a "downgrade to XP" option amidst complaints over its latest operating system. Now, the Redmond powerhouse has decided to "keep selling Windows XP until the end of June 2008, delaying a scheduled transition to its newer Windows Vista software by five months."

Originally, the planned phase out date for XP was January 30th of next year, but now the firm has decided to "extend XP sales in response to feedback from computer manufacturers who said there were customers who still wanted to buy the older operating system."

Of note, Mike Nash, a Microsoft corporate vice president, was quoted as saying that the company was "a little ambitious to think that it would need to make Windows XP available for only a year after the release of Windows Vista," referring to the fact that it typically makes its older OS available for two years after the launch of a new one.

JKKDARK
September 28th, 2007, 23:31
I still use Windows XP :)

mastersho
September 29th, 2007, 00:22
I'd never though I'd be saying this but..th..thank you Microsoft. vista sucks so much and i wish that i got a laptop that had an XP OEM. I'm dual booting and that was harder that trying to poke an ant in the eye with a rocket and not blow it up.