PDA

View Full Version : Resident evil 4

shadowprophet
September 29th, 2007, 06:08
It seems my copy of resident evil 4 for the wii came in today, The first thing I noticed upon opening the game was that it was floating around freely inside the box, "Don't you hate it when that happens" It had a few lite scuffs on the disk but no big problem, it was only 30 dollar game anyway.

So I pop it in, Expecting this mind blowing experience I've been hearing people go on and on about ever since its launch. "hmm" Anyhow. I just dont see it, Somehow to me. All the improvements made to resident evil 4, seem to take away from the original formula. The clunky controls of the pre titles seemed to compliment the panicked struggle to survive perfectly. Now though it seems like an action game more then anything. and while a true resident evil fan in his own right would shoot me with his TMP for this. It seems a lot like a damned tomb raider game to me. Except with less wiggly parts to keep me entertained in the boring times.

Ah but I'm too hard on it, I suppose. As it stands. Its a fine game. i've only invested an hour in the game, and I'm sure it will get much better. The enemies seem more life like in a good way. No more factory reject night of the living dead clones. they all seem to have personality and style. But then so far none of the enemies i've met seem to be zombies either, which is also a plus, "zombies where getting old" the inventory space seems to be a problem, as I have yet to find a place to store items without carrying them. "this pisses me off" I have a hand gun a shotgun a rifle and a tmp lots of ammo for each and no damned room to put anything to free up space, "that doesn't mean those things weren't there, It just means I really didn't look for them"

All in all its "Okay" so far. But this call is made by a true resident evil fan.

in the end it just doesn't feel like a survival horror game. It feels like an action game to me.

ICE
September 29th, 2007, 06:17
just wait until the chicks with bags on their heads and chainsaws come at you. i'll admit its very much an action game but god almighty that scared the crap out of me the first time i saw it.

thejonbell
September 29th, 2007, 06:30
lol, if you're only one hour in, you havent gottent to the hard parts, or the scary parts.

also, as far as the inventory goes, it'll improve. just give the game more time!

kcajblue
September 29th, 2007, 07:25
it doesnt get too scary in the game.
and OMFG ICE! that part with the bella sisters was f*cking annoying, so i took the gigante path. hehe.

and yes, it is a lot more action like than horror.
but either way its fun.

and about the zombies, they arent really zombies.
just infected with something i forgot the name of.
so they are alive, but just not normal.
i dont remember where i read that though.

The King
September 29th, 2007, 08:02
there infected with something called the plaga i think dont realy remember

and yo give that game time its after you get to fight the first giant that it realy starts to get good

my favorate part is wen you fight that weird in human spider thing on the second cd of the gc version

VampDude
September 29th, 2007, 08:15
Resident Evil 4 isn't the best Resident Evil game, or so I've heard...

...When I get the time to finish ZERO on GameCube, I will then think about opening the packaging of my (factory sealed) Resident Evil 4 (PS2 version).

kcajblue
September 29th, 2007, 08:17
there infected with something called the plaga i think dont realy remember

and yo give that game time its after you get to fight the first giant that it realy starts to get good

my favorate part is wen you fight that weird in human spider thing on the second cd of the gc versionyeah, that was it.
and i played the gc one too.
since i dont have a wii.

Resident Evil 4 isn't the best Resident Evil game, or so I've heard...

...When I get the time to finish ZERO on GameCube, I will then think about opening the packaging of my (factory sealed) Resident Evil 4 (PS2 version).i dont think zero was as good as 4.
zero was good, but 4 beats it.

VampDude
September 29th, 2007, 08:32
i dont think zero was as good as 4.
zero was good, but 4 beats it.

I will findout for myself when I do ZERO and move onto 4, ZERO is unofficially the first Resident Evil and 4 is 6 in my opinion making Resident Evil 5 the 7th Resident Evil

---
My confusing Resident Evil timeline (in theory)

---

ZERO - 1

Resident Evil - 2

RE 2 - 3

RE 3 Nemesis - 4

Code Veronica - 5 (although it could be taking place around the time of Nemesis making it 4.2)

RE 4 - 6 (RE 5 if Code Veronica is 4.2)

RE 5 - 7 (6 if RE 4 is 5 from Code Veronica being 4.2)

The King
September 29th, 2007, 08:33
the way 4 is played beats all the others because the camera was replaced so RE fans would experience a new way to play and actualy shoot like crazy while being scare wich they were able to achieve in RE4 i think thats why 5 is going to be in the same game play with a second person view of the action not a third perspective

quzar
September 29th, 2007, 10:00
Guys, I know how much you love OT, but try to remember to post topics that are not off the topic of any other forum in the correct forum.

kcajblue
September 29th, 2007, 10:24
whats really fun about RE4 is getting the chicago typewriter.
unlimited machine gun ammo ftw!

Sonicboy 101
September 29th, 2007, 12:55
You mean Chicago typewriter. :rolleyes:
Resident Evil 4 is awesome, but I have seen footage of the Gamecube games and I think they are better. (0, REmake) Unfortunately I haven't got a Gamecube. :(

kcajblue
September 29th, 2007, 18:21
You mean Chicago typewriter. :rolleyes:
Resident Evil 4 is awesome, but I have seen footage of the Gamecube games and I think they are better. (0, REmake) Unfortunately I haven't got a Gamecube. :(yeah. lol.
i better go edit that.
since its was friday, i stayed up really late.
i was really tired.
but yeah, its still an awesome weapon.

or you can be cheap and take the easy way out with the hand cannon.
goin huntin for elephants. lol

shadowprophet
September 30th, 2007, 12:20
Help I'm trapped in a barn with that sinister looking dude! You know the guy that looks like captain nemo or maybe wired al yankovic on steroids!? Anyway i knew i was pretty much screwed when he came in behind me threw me around like a rag doll and twisted the door shut, and the presidents daughter, she's the smart one, she took of running and I don't know where she is, I guess blond chicks "can" be smart, Anyway, I though I had it under control, until he transformed into, uhhh.... hmmmm. "some giant centipede, I guess?" Anyway, I blew him apart and his legs take off walking own their own, and now he's swinging in the rafters.
I keep filling him full of lead and grenades all in hopes he will just die already!!
But will he no!! I even tricked him into standing near one of the barrels full of gas,
I thought that would finish him. apparently not, Anyway. This game is freaken sweet! A lot better then originally thought!

Raekwik11
September 30th, 2007, 21:49
this is kcajblue again using his bros account cause im too lazy to turn my laptop on and the desktop is already on. lol.

anyway, i remember that dude, in the barn.
he wasnt too hard, i thought it was gonna be hella hard to beat him but it wasnt, it only got annoying when he started to move around with half his body.

souLLy
October 1st, 2007, 10:53
I've completed this 3 times now, it's easily the best game on the Wii. You've got so much great stuff ahead SP :)

Small tip: if you shoot someone once to get them unsteady, then give them a kick, then knife them on the ground you'll save a LOT of ammo. Which you'll be desperately wishing you had if you aren't careful at the end.