PDA

View Full Version : Malloc.us makes big changes to aid the PSP Scene

EvilSeph
September 30th, 2007, 00:44
Malloc.us is an IRC network that tries to focus on the needs of developers and as such has been undergoing a few changes in order to do that. These changes are outlined in a big announcement I made two days ago on IRC.

Along with the partnership we made with exophase.com, our release system will grant other news sites easy access to information. All their news article writers have to do is idle on our network and await announcements from the developers themselves. So, I invite everyone to take advantage of our release system when it starts being used by the developers as it will give them immediate access to releases and discoveries.

The announcement I made is quoted below:

It is finally time to unveil the secret I've been keeping from everyone - including the opers. For the few of you who were privileged enough to catch even the slightest wind of this project, I apologise for the lack of information or response but it was necessary to keep things under wraps. This project is but a small step in our plan to transform Malloc into an "information central" - or, for now, THE source for PSP related news - on IRC.

First and foremost, it is my absolute pleasure to be announcing a partnership between http://exophase.com that will enable us and exophase.com to deliver you the latest and greatest news before everyone else - as we will strive to enable the developers to easily announce releases and information on the projects they're working on - live, on IRC right infront of you.

Secondly, back on the network known as toc2rta, we started up a private Developers only channel that allowed like minded individuals to easily communicate with each other and share code in a secured, private environment. Back then it was a popular idea and so we have brought it back, along with some developers and a special system I've developed to make it easier for Developers to communicate with the rest of Malloc.us.

The channel name is the same ( #pspdev ) and the requirements (must be a known developer, hardware expert, firmware investigator) are the same, but the resources we're going to offer developers were not available with the previous #pspdev on toc2rta.

For any developer (or anyone that meets the requirements outlined above) that wishes to get access to #pspdev and its resources, I invite you to connect to irc.malloc.us and talk to me (EvilSeph) in PM.

Along with #pspdev , we endeavour to try and enable more people to become striving developers in the Scene and as such we have opened up an open-developer support/chat channel called #devzone that enable established developers and potential developers to communicate with and help each other with developing applications for the PSP.

Thirdly, whether it is well known or not, Malloc.us is the home to one of the best PSP support channels in existance on IRC and we'd like to extend an invitation to other PSP related websites to direct their users needing PSP related support to irc.malloc.us, channel #psp-hacks where they will receive accurate, friendly help with the most commonly asked questions about the PSP and more.

Lastly, our continuous interaction in #psp-hacks with users requiring PSP related support provides us with a unique insight into the minds of the many users in the Scene who find it difficult to follow instructions laid out in readmes or the like - and as such, enables us to provide the most accurate, user-friendly information possible.

To that end, we have decided to form a "team" called PSPH that mainly consists of all the hard-working helpers in #psp-hacks. PSPH will endeavour to deliver the highest quality, easiest to understand and most detailed information in order to help the many users in the community that need assistance with their PSPs. PSPH's agenda includes writing FAQs, Guides and creating easy installers.

Details on developer related changes can be found here. (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=525336#post525336)

kando
September 30th, 2007, 00:59
of course thats saying that every dev in the scene idles on your network.

i lol'd at the implication that all writers will have to ever do is idle on malloc.

"THATS IT GUYS UR JOB IS OVER, NO MORE HUNTING ON OTHER FORUMS AND OTHER NETWORKS. JUST IDLE ON MALLOC."

i lol'd.

Cloudhunter
September 30th, 2007, 01:01
of course thats saying that every dev in the scene idles on your network.

i lol'd at the implication that all writers will have to ever do is idle on malloc.

"THATS IT GUYS UR JOB IS OVER, NO MORE HUNTING ON OTHER FORUMS AND OTHER NETWORKS. JUST IDLE ON MALLOC."

i lol'd.

Stop being a moron mate, it wasn't implied at all.

Anyway, good news :)

burrito
September 30th, 2007, 01:04
Stop being a moron mate, it wasn't implied at all.

Anyway, good news :)
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
OMG!!!! You didn't say Cloudy at the end of your post!!!

kando
September 30th, 2007, 01:05
All their news article writers have to do is idle on our network and await announcements from the developers themselves.

looks pretty implied to me.

"developers developers developers developers." -Steven Ballmer

Cloudhunter
September 30th, 2007, 01:07
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
OMG!!!! You didn't say Cloudy at the end of your post!!!

Ah crap, you're right :eek:

On a side note: kando, stop trolling.

Cloudy

PS: Managed it this time :p

blackrave
September 30th, 2007, 01:10
Congratulations and congratulations! This is wonderful news to everyone in the entire scene, both newsposters, developers, and anyone that needs any help with the PSP. I have been active in this IRC network for barely a week, and I can assure you that there is a warm, welcoming and intelligent environment there, with the 'higher-ups' of the scene roaming there every day.

I wish the best of luck to this project. Greets to everyone on the network. EvilSeph is a legend.

kando
September 30th, 2007, 01:10
On a side note: kando, stop trolling.

Cloudy

PS: Managed it this time :p

just because you are staff there does not give you the right to tell every body with any type of criticism that they are a troll.

trolls usually refuse logic. and they attack at angles that have no base of reasoning.

i poked at a flaw in the logic of the post, im sorry if it makes the post look less perfect now, so obv im a troll.

same old cloudy.

Cloudhunter
September 30th, 2007, 01:14
just because you are staff there does not give you the right to tell every body with any type of criticism that they are a troll.

trolls usually refuse logic. and they attack at angles that have no base of reasoning.

i poked at a flaw in the logic of the post, im sorry if it makes the post look less perfect now, so obv im a troll.

same old cloudy.

I'm sorry mate, you wouldn't even be poking a flaw in anything if you weren't trolling.

Since it's obvious that you aren't willing to talk reasonably about this, I will leave you be. You aren't worth the effort, especially with saying things like "same old cloudy".

PS: You should be thinking about the scene's benefit, rather than to poke little holes at logic which isn't even flawed.

All their news article writers have to do is idle on our network and await announcements from the developers themselves.

This actually implies that to get news from the developers on malloc.us then all you'd have to do is idle. It's all a matter of perspective kando and you are obviously biased.

Cloudy

kando
September 30th, 2007, 01:18
I'm sorry mate, you wouldn't even be poking a flaw in anything if you weren't trolling.
oh is that how trolling works? i thought trolling was:

Act of appearing on internet forums and boards with malicious intent. Trolling includes...

-batting people to flame at you
-putting the forum down and encouraging people to leave.
-flaming
-spamming
-using several identities on a board to support your own arguments / stage pretend arguments
-generally being a dick on a power trip.
Some trolls claim they actions benefit others. These trolls are also twats

so how am i supposed to "talk reasonably" with you calling me a troll just because you cant stand to see your network be talked about negatively in any way?

good, leave me be for another week and then try to patch things up again like you always seem to do.

This actually implies that to get news from the developers on malloc.us then all you'd have to do is idle. It's all a matter of perspective kando and you are obviously biased.

developers already make their announcements wherever they idle. its a given.

what it SHOULD have said was that the developers that reside on malloc now have the ability to make global announcements about their releases and discoveries so even those idling will be left a message.

anything else smart to say? ill disassemble anything.

wraggster
September 30th, 2007, 01:18
hmm not really for our front page as its not a release or anything todo with DCEmu or its affiliates. moved to PSP Discussion forum

EvilSeph
September 30th, 2007, 01:28
Cool. Sorry about that wraggster. :)

Thanks for moving it. :)

jas0nuk
September 30th, 2007, 02:08
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is PSP scene news, right? So why shouldn't it be on the homepage?

Also, kando: lol.

blackrave
September 30th, 2007, 02:29
hmm not really for our front page as its not a release or anything todo with DCEmu or its affiliates. moved to PSP Discussion forum

But wraggster, this is still news. I've seen quite a few articles posted here daily that "aren't releases or have anything to do with DCEmu or its affiliates", and qualify less as news than this. Don't you see that this will allow anyone to get live help with the PSP from professionals? You should know that this is really needed in the PSP scene, and that the official DCEmu channel - while being a great place generally - isn't superb for PSP support and help. The other point is that you - as a newsposter and webmaster, as well as everyone else - can stay in that IRC network and get all releases on the spot. It will also allow developers - both old, new and future - to discuss the PSP's hardware and software.

Yes, I know most things are repetitions from the first point, but I really think this should be classified as news, so people can see it, even be stickied. Please, please, please, reconsider moving it. As jas0nuk says; this IS PSP scene news.