PDA

View Full Version : Help! Corrupted data message on converted video!

Timstuff
September 30th, 2007, 04:55
Okay, here's the deal. I downloaded the HD-DVD rip of King Kong, and I wanted to convert it so I could watch it on my PS3. It came with a sample file, so I used it to test with PS3 Video 9. I transfered the finished file to my PS3, and it worked perfectly. So now, I'm thinking "Okay, that worked fine, and since the full movie is exactly the same except longer, it should work." So I did everything with the full movie exactly the same way as I did with the sample file, but when I copied it over to the PS3 with PS3 Media Center X, it listed it on the XMB video list as being a corrupt file. BS, I say!

So, does anyone have any idea what could be going on that would be preventing me from enjoying King Kong in all of its 1080p glory? The best guess I can muster is that PS3 has a size cap on how big your video files can be. That would explain why the sample file, which was 30MB will play, but the actual movie, which is 7.7GB will not. I would hope that the answer is something else though, and that it's something that I can actually get around though. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

bleepdamnit
September 30th, 2007, 17:58
try to reconvert it

Timstuff
October 2nd, 2007, 05:37
Aw what the heck. It's worth a try or two I guess. :confused: