PDA

View Full Version : Change Setting for uo_Snes9x

SpikeKrysis
July 7th, 2005, 02:01
I'm Still extremely new to using emu's and roms on the Psp and i can't seem to get to the area to change the settings. I can get roms to load up properly and run them, but they go quite slow and choppy, I've read a few of the stickies and they say to increase some settings. Could someone possibly post a step by step instruction on how to open up the settings menu for uo_snes9x for me?

Thanks a lot.

Cross
July 7th, 2005, 03:04
Push the thumb stick left. ^-^

SpikeKrysis
July 7th, 2005, 03:13
When do I press the thumb stick left, during game, while browsing the directories? I've tried during both and no menu comes up. :mad:

Any advice why I can't get into the settings menu. :mad:

Žeddragon
July 7th, 2005, 03:35
During Game.

SpikeKrysis
July 7th, 2005, 03:37
When i press left on the thumb stick ingame it just moves my character in the respective direction i'm pressing...

256kbs
July 7th, 2005, 03:53
He means the nub. (Not the D-Pad, the analog stick)

If that doesnt work, hit L Trigger.

During gameplay, of corse.

I recomend 03 frameskip Graphic Speed 1.3 sound speed 1.1 and mhz at 333. Your good to go!

SpikeKrysis
July 7th, 2005, 04:35
I'm using the mini-analog stick trying to press left with no success at all. I tried pressing the L trigger and nothing happens. Is there any other reason why this could be happening. Am I the only one this is happening to? I'm tryin this on the Roms of Earthbound, ChronoTrigger, and FFVI. I'm using the firmware 1.50 also.

All the games run slow. ANY other advice as to why this could be happening, I'm about to break my PSP >.<

Cross
July 7th, 2005, 04:59
So on the left of the PSP your Pushing the Analog/Thumb Stick left and getting nothing? Pushing it up increases the frame skip, down decreases it.

What SNES EMU are u using? I thought it was UO 02y23 (Its been that way since y13 I think..that is when 1.50 Homebrew started I believe). If not use that. Other then that.. We are all running the same EMU and we have been using the thumbstick left (I just did it before writing this post to put the game in sleep mod). So theres one of two things happening,

A) Your thumb stick/analog stick is broke
B) Your not using the Thumb stick... some have confused it for a speaker. its right next to the wifi-icons on the psp itself. Left Side.

If its not working for you I suggest that you check and see if the thumb stick is working with PSP games, but the fact that it moves your character tells me its the D-Pad as the Thumb stick will not move your character there is not option for that that I have been able to find.

SpikeKrysis
July 7th, 2005, 05:31
Thank you all for everything. Thanks to all your input i found out what was my problem. I downloaded http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/Snes9x_0.02y11J3a5.zip off the top link on the main site, and was running off of that, when Cross said :
What SNES EMU are u using? I thought it was UO 02y23 It made me check it out, so i went and downloaded http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/uo_Snes9x_002y23.zip hooked it all into my PSP and everything works just fine now.

Again thanks for everyones input, I'm very happy i got i goin good now :D

ganon
July 7th, 2005, 11:23
on Snes9x_0.02y11J3a5 u have to press l+r and select