PDA

View Full Version : HELP: I ran Xmame & it bricked my PSP

andrewwan1980
October 2nd, 2007, 10:27
I had a PSP with 3.40 Dark_Alex firmware installed so I can play PS1 games. I decided to try MAME emulator and found XMAME at http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/xmame-psp.shtml (I noticed the 0.1.2 was wrong so I guess it http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/xmamepsp_0_1_2_tiny.zip).

I followed the instructions and tried it out. After running XMAME I get a black screen. I reboot and I still get a black screen. Is this what a bricked PSP looks like? Or is there another way to stop this?

If my PSP is really bricked what can I do to unbrick it?

saveyou
October 2nd, 2007, 10:40
Try taking your battery out and stick if back again. If you had 3.40 OE check if you can access the recovery menu. Just stay with R pressed when u turn on your psp.

ExcruciationX
October 2nd, 2007, 16:59
Take out the battery and leave it out for ten seconds. That should fix it, since it's just an emulator. There really isn't any viruses for the PSP.

cal360
October 2nd, 2007, 17:58
It shouldn't of bricked as an emulator goes no where near the flash, it basically runs ontop of it so it just needs a realy good reboot.

dark heart
October 3rd, 2007, 01:22
yep, this happened to me, except with hexen II.
turn the psp on while holding the 'R' button, and you get a recovery menu, simply exit the menu, and it will send you back to the xmb good as new.

ICE
October 3rd, 2007, 01:34
lol emulators dont ever access flash and therefore cant brick. its not even like its unlikely.. its impossible..

dark heart
October 3rd, 2007, 01:41
no, but it shows signs of being brick, therefore this guy has a reason to be worried.

andrewwan1980
October 4th, 2007, 11:15
Thanks guys for helping me reset my PSP from a homebrew crash/freeze.

Am interested in the RECOVERY of Dark_Alex's 3.40OE. I installed using 3.40OE straight and notice there are no RECOVERY files. I downloaded ALL Dark_Alex's firmwares (from psp-hacks.com) and found only 3.02 OE-A has the RECOVERY files. Interesting...

Also 3.03 series are the ones that contain popstation source code & exe.

It appears these nice utilities are spread out in different OE versions and one has to look for them.

OR does 3.40OE really contain all the files I need for RECOVERY? Could 3.40OE flasher do the RECOVERY flasher itself?

Prasoc
October 4th, 2007, 21:14
theyre in flash0, dont go messing around with them, the recovery menu i supose you mean?