PDA

View Full Version : I'm quite lost...

Thracian
October 2nd, 2007, 15:21
I have a firmware 3.11 PSP and I want to downgrade. I really don't know where to start and I really don't know what I need.

Can someone explain this whole downgrading/ emulating process to me?

Saracchini
October 2nd, 2007, 16:00
There two ways for you.
For the first one you need a non-patched Lumines UMD (hard to find ) and download the noobz downgrader to 3.11. Once you have both simplily follow the instructions.
For the second probabily you will need a help of some friend with homebrew enabled PSP, because you canīt create then without one.

Thracian
October 3rd, 2007, 01:18
i looked up "1.11 downgrader" and the only one i found was the one by wraggster, but it was specifically made for a problem.

SpooForBrains
October 3rd, 2007, 01:19
Have a look at this thread:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75907

Thracian
October 3rd, 2007, 01:25
cool, i have to pay for some random accessories which could potentially ruin my psp

thehumanidiot
October 3rd, 2007, 01:33
it wont mess it up

SpooForBrains
October 3rd, 2007, 01:41
cool, i have to pay for some random accessories which could potentially ruin my psp

Welcome to the wonderful world of homebrew. Yes, there is a small chance you could brick your PSP, but it's no less than the chance of a brick when updating Sony's official firmware (and they don't warn you), and what's more there's an unbricking solution too.

With very few exceptions all of the bricks that I have seen reported have been due to user error. Just follow the instructions carefully and the risk is minimal.

Axelius
October 3rd, 2007, 10:35
I think that if you brick your psp you can still recover with pandora?

thehumanidiot
October 4th, 2007, 01:11
yes i think you can, but i have downgraded 6 psps, 4 with luminies and 2 with pandora no problems on any of them

Axelius
October 4th, 2007, 13:05
Yeah, I've downgraded 3 or 4 psps until now, but i was always a little nervous. But with pandora there is no need to be nervous.