PDA

View Full Version : ps one

bennasi-4
July 7th, 2005, 11:31
hi all i will buy buy a psp soon and i dont know if there are any ps one emulator for psp? :D

Tranman409
July 7th, 2005, 11:46
PSP cant even handle ps1 graphics prob....

bennasi-4
July 7th, 2005, 12:25
why??psp is more powerfull where is the problem?? :cool:

Psilocybeing
July 7th, 2005, 13:12
To emulate a system you don't just need a more powerfull system, but one that can emulate the entire working of another system, which takes up a HUGE ammount of resources. It is quite unlikely that we will see a PSX emulator for a long long while, if at all.

BaconButty
July 7th, 2005, 13:50
A long time, yes, but if it can be done (just about) on a Pocket PC, I'd say there is a good chance we'll see on at some stage on the PSP. As for how functional it will be, well I wouldn't get too hopeful.

shadowprophet
July 7th, 2005, 14:21
Of corse the psp could handel the ps one , for that matter the ps2, n64-
and such as that.

The problem is not in the psp, its in the level of knowlage of the creators of the emulators, Not that they dont know how.

The shear level of effot that would have to go into somthing like that is unbelivibly massive.

Much too massive to be done just for the credit one would recive.
I would say before people got the nerve to work on such a massive project there would have to be money involved somwhere.

But as far as specs go, the psp could do this.

Also just to run a ps2 emu. which needs at least 290+ mhz to run, thats just at the power of the ps2s cpu, and more pwer would be needed for it to be emulated on another system.

In closeing its possible for the ps2 part. But not likely any time in the near or distant future.

I would say if we ever see a ps2 emu for it. Most likely it would be after the system has already served its full life cycle. Years and years from now :(

shadowprophet
July 7th, 2005, 14:36
Not to mention the size of the games for ps2.

Before it would be possible on a psp, somone would have to come up with a compression method that would shrink the size of a ps2 game concideribly. And yet also allow it to be played fully within this emulator from a mem stick. :cool:

Before i am trounced with negitive replies to these posts just let me live my dream a few more minuets :p

One can dream cant they:D

drcolossus87
July 7th, 2005, 14:45
as time goes on though memory sticks will no doubt be bigger

J@F
July 7th, 2005, 18:17
PSP can and will play PS1. I Believe it will play PS1 games better then bleemcast did, whitch is better than PS2 plays them. ( It won't be an emulator as much as it will be a translator, making it loads faster)

xuphorz
July 7th, 2005, 18:24
PSP can and will play PS1. I Believe it will play PS1 games better then bleemcast did, whitch is better than PS2 plays them. ( It won't be an emulator as much as it will be a translator, making it loads faster)

psp has higher specs than ps2, but it's a portable, so it technically isn't capable of a game for psp, with ps2 graphics and full speed (i.e.) if a port of Ratchet and Clank came out, it wouldn't have as good graphics, so it could run at full speed

shadowprophet
July 7th, 2005, 18:25
:eek: I mever fought of it wike dat :p , but yes the sdk for the ps2 is awfully simmiler to the psp aswell , I Give you props J@F

"Shadowprophet" Cause J@F is absolutly right :D

RedKing14CA
July 7th, 2005, 20:08
yeah cuz i mean, just because the mhz are the same doesnt mean everything else is... i mean dont you think if it was capable of exact ps2 graphics they would have released such a game? (like ridge racer :p)

Festizzio
July 7th, 2005, 20:13
yeah cuz i mean, ust because ht mhz are the same doesnt mean everything else is... i mean dont you think if it was capable of exact ps2 graphics they would have released such a game? (like ridge racer :p)

But, like most systems, the graphics improve over time. Look at a PS2 game that released with the system, then look at Gran Turismo 4.

JcBoyCool
July 7th, 2005, 20:19
But, like most systems, the graphics improve over time. Look at a PS2 game that released with the system, then look at Gran Turismo 4.
So so right. The first wave of games for the ps2 had grapics 3x less then that of today. Todays graphics are amazing. look at god of war.....best graphics i ever seen on a system (not counting next gen)

shadowprophet
July 7th, 2005, 20:24
I asked that same question once,
And it was quzar, or ganon, possibly somone else, anyway I dont remember who responded. but they said And i believe it to be the case.
The psp as of right now doesnt push its full 333 mhz in most of its offical games.

Because it would drain the battery to rapidly.

I find it believible, because look how short the battery life is useing 333 mhz on emulation,

That is whay the psp doesnt do ps2 quality stuff right out of the box.

:rolleyes:

RedKing14CA
July 7th, 2005, 20:27
edit- gran turismo 4 is gonna clock the psp to 333mhz, but still.... even at 220, and the capability to run at 333mhz, were not going to see a HUGE improvment...... maybe 20-35% increase.....

well yes, i kinda guess is see... i think one of the reasons was becaus the devolopers learned more about the system and such, and i mean they went from n64/ps1 graphics to those beautiful detailed ones..... they had to learn how to get that could i think, and also how to compress and such to be able to run on the ps2 without glitching...... but now they've learned all that, they know how to mak these great beautiful games, and tobe honest i dont think were going to see too drastic of an improvement on the psp.... sorry to burst any bubbles or anything :P

RedKing14CA
July 7th, 2005, 20:38
echoooo.............

ArchAngel
July 7th, 2005, 21:08
I guess you guys dont pay attention to hardware specs... The basic emulation and how it is powered depends on similar hardware found inside the system you are trying to emulate from. Im no expert on hardware and versions found inside of systems today, but I do understand the viewpoint of where they come from. If you are trying to emulate a PSX on a PSP, if you have to emulate ALL of the hardware from software, then you should multiply the PSX's resource usage by about 10. But what I believe programmers are trying to do today is assimilate the hardware between the PSP and other systems so that instead of software doing all of the work, it uses a portion of the PSP's resources to cut down on the power usage and compatibility issues. If someone made a PSX emulator right now without a MHz limit from nothing but software emulation, it would probably last maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour of battery time.

RedKing14CA
July 7th, 2005, 21:41
i dont really care MUCH about batter usage... my psp is usually plugged into the wall... (unless im camping) i just think it would be nice to play some ps1 games on it.... the thing i just realised is the buttons... there are only 10 (14 including the joypad)

bennasi-4
July 7th, 2005, 21:49
analog maybe help to solve this problem

RedKing14CA
July 7th, 2005, 22:33
the ps 1 had 2 more buttons than the psp i guess.... since the joysticks were an addon sorta thing... so it shouldnt be a prob i guess..... i wanna lay metal gear solid numba 1!!! ive never beaten it even though im a big fan of metal gear solid, the first one had too simple graphics and controlls for me........ but on a psp ..... i think i could handle it!

RedKing14CA
July 7th, 2005, 22:56
is anyone posting on ANY of the threads? :confused:

EDIT - :o very sorry, it just seemed that every thrad i went too there were NO new posts...

i didnt know i could get banned, and im not God, im :cool: HIS MASTER (JK JK!!! :p )

®eddragon
July 7th, 2005, 23:05
yes but we don't need to respond to everything you post. We aren't dogs to play with. And mods can easily ban you if you think you are god.

Cap'n 1time
July 8th, 2005, 00:12
some of you really annoy me... when did we become over run with.... eh, I hate the term "noobs"- (cause it sounds like some lame thing a 12 year old would say)... I KNOW! new idiots?

do your research before you post a responce. As crappier Pocket PC's with similare processors can emulate the PS1 so can the PSP. Its mostly a matter of when.

I forgot what I made that first statment for.. i think it had somthing to do with some guy suggesting the psp can emulate a ps2 because of its slightly better hardware. It DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.

Somthing that has always interested me is how bleamcast ran. It was powerfull, but no one would think powerfull enough to run ps1 emulation. I think bleamcast was more of an interpretor (or however the hell you spell that) or just an emulator created for the specefic demands of differant games. now I forgot what my point was... you figure it out you new idiots.

shadowprophet
July 8th, 2005, 01:29
Had a bad day 1time :p

*passes him a little baggie -Take this it'll make you feel better *

Chill brother chill, We have to give new people time to grow into the knowlage. people arnt just born knowing how things operate,

I still believe the psp could run ps2 emulation however impossible it may seem,
I strongly believe some day --distant future, you will be suprized

As for just comeing out and beinng angry at people for not knowing what thay speak of.

Im at a loss, 1timeuser , you ,quzar ( specificly quzar who seems to be one suave mofo ),ganon, wraggster, I respect you all very much. you shouldnt let nonsincical things bother you.
instead of slaming a newby, why not try explaing the situation. you never know how truely intelligent some of them might be, just not in the areas that tick you off.
Come on 1timeuser this is my 100th post, Come learn the meaning of 420 with me and relax brother

"shadowprophet" cause he took a hit and passed it to the left :rolleyes:

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 01:53
i know im a newb considering the fact i join this forum yestereve.....

sorry.... i know ALOT about the psp and such, much more then you standard psp user...

but even so im still learning, forgive me....

Cap'n 1time
July 8th, 2005, 03:42
Had a bad day 1time :p

*passes him a little baggie -Take this it'll make you feel better *

Chill brother chill, We have to give new people time to grow into the knowlage. people arnt just born knowing how things operate,

I still believe the psp could run ps2 emulation however impossible it may seem,
I strongly believe some day --distant future, you will be suprized

As for just comeing out and beinng angry at people for not knowing what thay speak of.

Im at a loss, 1timeuser , you ,quzar ( specificly quzar who seems to be one suave mofo ),ganon, wraggster, I respect you all very much. you shouldnt let nonsincical things bother you.
instead of slaming a newby, why not try explaing the situation. you never know how truely intelligent some of them might be, just not in the areas that tick you off.
Come on 1timeuser this is my 100th post, Come learn the meaning of 420 with me and relax brother

"shadowprophet" cause he took a hit and passed it to the left :rolleyes:

your not doing anything wrong. im just an ass. forgive me :)

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 03:49
wow, your post was anticipated by shadowprophet...... lol... pretty short......

but anyways.... i think he was right in that the ps2 could be emulated, just like right now the game boy advance can be emulated... it will just have bad graphics and such...... it will probably be about 4 years until we see one :p ! and 6 to see one run acceptionally.......... and by then we will be playing the psp2 with better than ps2 graphics.....

Trips411911
July 8th, 2005, 18:49
Redking you annoy me. anyway

i work with ATM machines. we can use QA testing tools to emulate any terminal on the PC. the problem comes in at the same place it does in all the emulators i've ever seen. sound, graphics. Even if you get an emulator to run it might produce a different output at unsuspecting times. you change one screen or state and it could screw up your whole program. the only way to make it perfect is to have the exact hardware of whatever you're emulating.

the PS was actually a little more advanced (from what i remember) on the graphic side but did not use standard. It might be hard to get this emulated good enough to keep games from bugging out. no developer i know wants to put out bad code. we'll get it, but i was hoping to clear up (as well as many others do) that you couldn’t just compare the speed of hardware and assume that it means an emulator will work. no one wants to be responsible for a $250 crash.

Puerrican718
July 8th, 2005, 19:06
I dont even know whats this topic of the thread led to but anyway. I seriously doubt a ps2 emu will ever come. Like someone said, you need a good amount of resources to emulate the ps2 hardware/chips, and just becuase the cpu on the psp is better doesnt mean its automaticly possible. Also in order to pull off emulation of the ps2 you would even need something like the psp's dev. kit with full sources to the psps hardware, I doubt the legal versions will ever come close the originals.
Also the ps2 came with analog controllers by default so technically the psp would be short 4 buttons and one analog stick. That kinda kills its potential.

Besides ever emu to come out sos far has been revamps of already done emus
(Snesx, genesis, vba, and etc.) The only ps2 emu so far is pcsx2 and thats not even fully done yet, though coming closer each week. They done like about 45-55% of it being complete and yet with highend pcs, even though its the coding thats not complete is why its still slow for now.

If anything could be possibly emulated it be psone. But even that i doubt could happen for a long time to come unless something like a leak of psps sdk was done like what happened to microsofts xbox. (Wont go to into it as not really allowed on the forums) But yeah so opinion wise.
-ps2 Impossible
-psone maaaaybe....though unlikely for a loong time

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 19:48
thats what i was thinking of puerrican.... ok lets just say the psp can never ever ever emulate ps2.... (even though it might in about 5 years or so...)

but i think we know it is very much possible to emulate ps 1 and possibly n 64...

but because of controlls it would only work with certain roms..... and by the time swe get a ps 1 emulator, the psp will be 199$... or 150$ possibly... so it wont be AS huge of a loss... as if we tried screwing with that stuff now....

but perhaps we can maybe see individual games released that were for ps1.... who knows!?!? this reminds me of when people were saying it was impossible to downgrade to version 1.0 firmware.....

how do i annoy you trips?

Cap'n 1time
July 8th, 2005, 20:30
first off. nothing is wrong with the sdk released by mr brown. new things are learned about the psp's hardware every day.

next, what the hell do you mean 4 years for a gba emulator and 5 years for a ps1 emulator? i dont think you understand how this stuff works.

it is currently possible to somewhat emulate a ps1- as its been done on pocket pc's with even less powerfull processors. Thoes programs rely heavily on software emulation, which, if your old enough, you remember the first nintendo 64 emulators took advantage of since a decent video card wasnt exactly cheap at the time (im talking voodoo days). anyways the gpu or the processor set aside specifically for 3d graphics rendering (and more) hasnt really been used in any homebrew coding. This is due to the fact that no one is completely sure how to use it.

That certainly dosnt mean it wont be figured out soon. we only recently started taking advantage of the network hardware. In fact i believe some demos of a rotating cube (actually using the gpu for once) are out there somewhere.

there is no need to leak an sdk. no one leaked an gba sdk and look how far things like HAM brought us. even the openXDK of the xbox is getting pushed into gear.

ps2 will never be emulated, all though some ports might be availible. its just not feasible so stop telling youself it is.