PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember "PSdonkey"?

ExcruciationX
October 3rd, 2007, 03:35
Since I'm bored, I thought I'd pass along a story for public knowledge. It occurred on these forums in March/April of 2006.

There was a guy named "PSdonkey" that claimed to have made a fullspeed N64 emulator, and posted a video of it working here. He did not post a working compiled version of it because it was "buggy" and after a while of running it, it would crash. A lot of people didn't believe his story, because the burden of proof was upon him and he failed to prove he had made an emulator. He said he'd release it on the 29th of March. As you would expect, nothing happened that day.

On some date (I'm not sure when) someone by the user of "Chrisfile" started claiming he had used the emulator and it was good. After people didn't go along with his story, he started flaming everyone in sight that didn't believe him. Staff noticed that he had the same IP address as PSdonkey did, leading to speculation that they where one in the same. PSdonkey came out and formally apologized, which was his last post (although he did re-register under a few other usernames).

Lets get some things straight.

His emulator was fake.

PSdonkey and Chrisfile could be the same person (although it's odd that their basic ways of talking seem to be vastly different from each other).

Shadowblind
October 3rd, 2007, 03:41
No I don't remember him. And I don't want to remember him.

That little cornball came right around when I had just gotten into the HB scene. Really, I looked like an absolute idiot over at PSP-Hacks for believing this guy.

Great, now I do remember him. Perfect.... :mad:

JKKDARK
October 3rd, 2007, 03:42
PSdonkey and Chrisfile can be Zion's best friends http://209.85.12.234/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

The best thing he can do is a video showing his small hands playing on his PSP.

shadowprophet
October 3rd, 2007, 03:42
Psdonkey, That was way back in the day.
I doubt many people will remember him.
Way old aincent stuff there. But yeah. I remember. The scene didn't lose a lot when we lost that member.

Faith, I knew I remembered your old name. It was right on the tip of my mind. I like faith for a name. In fact your branded for life now.:thumbup:

Faith. I like it :cool:

kcajblue
October 3rd, 2007, 03:49
i remember him.
i think that was way back when i didnt have my account.

ExcruciationX
October 3rd, 2007, 04:04
Oh, great...

I actually changed my name because it was too girly.

Shadowblind
October 3rd, 2007, 04:20
Ya know it was kinda funny--we knew he had chose the PS at the front of his name because of PSMonkey, but to choose donkey, the most stubborn of all animals....mere coincidence, or else?...

shadowprophet
October 3rd, 2007, 04:23
Oh, great...

I actually changed my name because it was too girly.I dont think there Is anything wrong with the name faith.
And anyone who says there is. they are just flat out mistaken,

It's not the name that makes a person cool, And people changing their id's all the time doesn't help the persons image.
Its who the person is and what they do.

A person could be the suavest individual on planet earth and be named bunny foo foo pants, and people would still take notice, because that person was a suave individual.

Faith is a fine name. I wouldnt be ashamed of it.

JKKDARK
October 3rd, 2007, 04:51
I thought we were talking about PSmonkey (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/member.php?u=5568) :confused:

shadowprophet
October 3rd, 2007, 05:01
I thought we were talking about PSmonkey (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/member.php?u=5568) :confused:

Firstly psmonkey and Psdonkey, are two different peeps.
Monkey was good people. But donkey..
Psdonkey isnt worth talking about. Hes nothing but a bad dream. A memory people have of an event that never happend. ;)

Pswhat?

Psnobody thats what.

kcajblue
October 3rd, 2007, 05:02
we were talking about psdonkey, then shadow started talking about ex's old name i guess.

EDIT: shadow beat my post.

ExcruciationX
October 3rd, 2007, 05:04
PSmonkey actually made an emulator (not full speed, but it hadn't been attempted yet).

PSPdemon
October 3rd, 2007, 05:11
Lets not bring up PSdonkey.....

i dont like bringing up such things as coders that decided to make fun of someone and then tell people he had a 30fps emu...

lets try not to bring the subject any more attention.... dont want to spark up anything nor would i like to mention all the havok it caused...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Kaiser
October 3rd, 2007, 05:34
... and with that.