PDA

View Full Version : A super smash bro's for ds

OPM881
October 3rd, 2007, 10:55
I was wondering if anyone had made a super smash bros (or similar game) for the ds. If not, i was wondering if someone with some coding knowledge would like to help me make one. I havnt coded for the ds before but i would be happy to try and learn, and would do most of the character art so yea. Does any1 know if one is being made/has been made?

dark__echoes
October 5th, 2007, 00:53
i think smash bros. brawl is coming out on ds (i dont know for sure)

OPM881
October 5th, 2007, 01:22
Brawl is for the wii >>

dark__echoes
October 5th, 2007, 01:30
i know. but i think i might have read about a ds version in nitendo power. but i dont now.(sound awsome though)

mastersho
October 5th, 2007, 01:59
Right now the closest think on the ds to smash bros is Jump! Ultimate stars. Yes it is in Japanese but after you play the game a few time you can get a basic understanding. You can just buy it from play-asia now or want and see if there is going to be a price drop, thats how i got my copy for 32 bucks. If you have a PSP there's a homebrew game called SmashGPSP. Give it a look too, its fun.(Yes this was a long post but I'm a HUGE fan of games like Smash Bros.)

Komak57
October 24th, 2007, 01:08
i was previously working with a group for a GBA edition for SSB which then moved towards the NDS. The project was disbanded due to miscommunications and loss of partners. I have been looking into reopening the project as a do-it-yourself project. so far i have nothing to show as i, as i said, was working with a crew and got lost in the code. I will continue to look at it and see what i cant transfer over. my biggest problem is the sprite rendering. The brew knowledge base on this is etchy at best so it may take some time for me to figure out what changed and what didnt. helpers are welcome.

THIS WILL NOT BE "SUPER SMASH BROTHERS" as for that would purge the copywrite infringement. however, it will have the same control style and similar character move-sets and different menu schemes.

mastersho
October 24th, 2007, 13:00
i was previously working with a group for a GBA edition for SSB which then moved towards the NDS. The project was disbanded due to miscommunications and loss of partners. I have been looking into reopening the project as a do-it-yourself project. so far i have nothing to show as i, as i said, was working with a crew and got lost in the code. I will continue to look at it and see what i cant transfer over. my biggest problem is the sprite rendering. The brew knowledge base on this is etchy at best so it may take some time for me to figure out what changed and what didnt. helpers are welcome.

THIS WILL NOT BE "SUPER SMASH BROTHERS" as for that would purge the copywrite infringement. however, it will have the same control style and similar character move-sets and different menu schemes.

Really?! That's awesome! With this Homebrew game will it just stick to Ninty's characters or will it be like SmashGP?

darkeclipse7243
April 9th, 2008, 17:35
that would be awesome if they made a super smash bros. for the ds

pifreak
April 11th, 2008, 00:16
they have one (homebrew) called SuperSmashBros Tactics but it kinda sucks

masterchief929
April 11th, 2008, 00:20
someone should definately port the n64 super smash bros. to the ds. i know a couple ppl who know how to code ds homebrew, so i'll ask them. and anyone here who wants to, i would thank u forever!

pifreak
April 11th, 2008, 00:31
um...sorry but that is impossible because you need SOURCE CODE to port something and NINTENDO wons that and doesn't give it out...

thedicemaster
April 20th, 2008, 18:25
the original poster didn't ask for a port.
he asked for a ssb for the DS, which could just as well be a simple 2d remake
(isn't someone doing that already?)