PDA

View Full Version : R4 *english* + 1 Gig Micro Sd

wraggster
October 3rd, 2007, 20:34
New from Divineo UK (http://www.divineo.co.uk/php/affstart.php?affcode=arboretum&prod=nds-r41gig)

http://www.divineo.co.uk/divineo/images/products/nds-r41gig-s.jpg

The R4DS Cartridge is a DS SLOT-1 flash cart. This amazing little device matches the original DS cart size. It is a complete solution with no need to purchase any additional components or deal with any messy software and truly a easy media
enhancer for DS and DS Lite.
INCLUDES 1 GIG MICRO SD CARD!

paul3100
October 3rd, 2007, 21:18
fantastic bit of kit, i have one and love it!

The only one thing is it doesn't support memory cards over 2GIGS as where the new Supercard does.

Also if your going to but this card buy it with out the 1 gig memory, instead buy the card on its own and get the a 2 gig memory card from ebay or some where as it will work out cheaper and 2 gigs is much better than the 1 gig card

paul
paul

Pilot_51
October 4th, 2007, 15:36
That comes to 91.7174 USD according to xe.com. I paid $50-$60 total for my R4 (from sky2k.com) and 1GB microSD (from eBay) back in March, that's after shipping and the microSD came with 3 adapters. After the deal I got, I think paying any more than $60 to get into DS homebrew is a ripoff, or $75 for 2GB.

LazerTag
October 4th, 2007, 16:53
I have one of these also. I do like it, but mine is one of those where the spring went bad in it. Essentially not allowing the memory card to remain inserted. It would simply kick it out again and not lock in place.

Only choice I had was to do a slight bend internally on a small metal part to get the spring locked in the insert position. Now I have to manually take the card in and out. It does stay pretty snug so I have not worried about it dropping out, but sometimes it goes in a bit further then it's supposed. The issue here is finding a way to grab a hold of that memory card to pull it (I don't carry small needle nose where I go and I have big fingers).

Other then this problem the device is quite nice. I gotta say though I really doubt I will ever buy another one unless I hear this issue has been fixed. It wasn't like I was taking the memory card out 10 times a day either. We're talking like once maybe twice a week. I would expect it to hold up better being the only moving part.

9foxtails
October 9th, 2007, 04:50
Yup I have it so far for bout a few months...I got mine for bout $30. Back when the R4 were for noobs. You dont need like 2 gigs for games...I mean its not like you gonna play all those game right? Just beat the games then delete them then download more. So far I have only 39 games and i beat about 2 games so far and I still have 1 gig left. If you guys go to R4 website they have a prgram that compress the file into a smaller file for you to fit it into ur SD micro card. It saves up space.