PDA

View Full Version : Forced update list

shadowprophet
July 7th, 2005, 21:06
Hi all.

If your like me theres a lot of games comeing out you want to play for psp.
And your wondering will my game force me to update, causing me to choose between homebrew and the game I want to play.

Well I submit that this thred be dedicated to listing the known games that force us to update.

Therefore preventing people from from waisting there money on that game.
If your like me theres no way your updateing just to play one title no matter how off the hook it may be.

And in any case a lot of people who already have decided that they dont want to update may be tempted once they have the game.

I would like to bring somthing to light for people.
What about us that have flashed custom background into our psp.
Imagion a worse case scenario the update locks up because you have this custom flash in your psp. Boom Youve got one dead brick of a psp.

So I submit to save everyone a lot of trouble lets just all pull togeather and list these games :p

"Shadowprophet" Cause he watches out for you too.

asphalter
July 7th, 2005, 21:08
Intelligent License
Space Invaders
Midnight Club 3
Coded Arms
Dead To Rights

RedKing14CA
July 7th, 2005, 21:49
Intelligent License
Space Invaders
Midnight Club 3
Coded Arms [ upgrades to 1.50 ]
Dead To Rights

do they upgrade to 1.50 / 1.51 / 1.52?

edit- sony will probably come out with a KICK ASS game, like xbox did with halo, and require it to upgrade to like firmware 1.6 which doesnt even let you put stuff int he games folder :p

(thats what i would do if i was a big evil heartless company craving more an more money)

r8cer
July 8th, 2005, 01:19
1.5 I Have Midnight and Dead to rights... Both 1.5

CannedSoup
July 8th, 2005, 01:57
Legend of Heros 4 [Jap] 1.5 update

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 02:37
so far we have this =

Intelligent License [ unknown ]
Space Invaders [ unknown ]
Midnight Club 3 [ upgrades to 1.50 ]
Coded Arms [ upgrades to 1.50 ]
Dead To Rights [ upgrades to 1.50 ]
Legend of Heros 4 (jap) [ upgrades to 1.5 ]

hopefully it will remain 1.5 for awhile..... (3 months please?)

i dont get why sony doesnt want us to use "unauthorized" code... should NINTENDO being freaking about it?

sarla1596
July 8th, 2005, 02:53
i dont get why sony doesnt want us to use "unauthorized" code... should NINTENDO being freaking about it?

thats a very good point if u ask me, i mean i dont know why companies like sony even bother to try to stop all this hacking and modding, theres really no way to 100% stop it anyway, someone will always get past the walls and make it work for us. and why the hell would sony care about NINTENDO emulators on their units??? i mean its not like it hurts sony whatsoever, if u ask me i think all this hacking stuff PROMOTES the PSP even more rather than demotes it all the nintendo emulators do is hurt nintendo which to me is a fabulous thing cause i hate nintendo with a passion, ever since the 64 they just went to hell, go microsoft and sony!!! heres somethin to think about.....Microsoft handheld.......the possibilities o the possibilities.......

Jdemon
July 8th, 2005, 03:41
Hombrew and Emus don't hurt the PSP much, and I'm not even gonna touch the Nintendo thing 'cause GBA on PSP is never gonna be worth running anyway. But ripping games sure does hurt SONY and that's what the real concern is about and why they will contine to make firmware upgrades. Software companies won't want to make games for the PSP if it's not gonna make them money, and without games the PSP will die.

shadowprophet as for your concern in regards to the whole bg thing...always keep a backup...just in case :D

shadowprophet
July 8th, 2005, 03:44
The possibilities?!
No possibilities exisist.
Do you even know how hard the x-box was to crack ?
Sure in afairy tale world a microsoft handheld would be open source.
But not this world. The thing would be so closed off you would probibly have to register each and every game you bought and they send you a key. just to play the damn thing.
Microsoft handheld

The possibilites make me sick to think about. :(

Btw JDEMON Thank you for the stock bg's I saved them into my old 256 card where I keep a lot of useful utils for the psp *bows thank you very much JDEMON :D

Cap'n 1time
July 8th, 2005, 03:59
The possibilities?!
No possibilities exisist.
Do you even know how hard the x-box was to crack ?
Sure in afairy tale world a microsoft handheld would be open source.
But not this world. The thing would be so closed off you would probibly have to register each and every game you bought and they send you a key. just to play the damn thing.
Microsoft handheld

The possibilites make me sick to think about. :(

the xbox didnt take long to crack at all actually. but im not going to get into that.

microsoft has already said they would not be looking into the handheld aspect of the video game world.

sarla1596
July 8th, 2005, 04:04
just to let u all know i wasnt meaning possibilities as in hacking it i mean just having Microsoft create a handheld unit nothing more, i hope gates gets greedy enough to wanna steal the handheld genre too b/c microsoft kicks all ass!!!

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 04:09
yes yes yes.... but i mean, you cant run games off the memory stick, i mean you can, but its VERY hard....................

and you'd have to have a huge memory stick.....

and a microsoft handheld would probably be like the nintendo ds, no ports, no noda, and it would probably run off discs, and have no memory...... but i dunno....

it would be bad, it would kill the wonderful psp.....

but were suppose to be talking about which games force the software upgrade upon you (cant some one get sued for that or something, not allowing you to play a game you bought like that?)

shadowprophet
July 8th, 2005, 04:20
You know I used to slam the gp32 because the psp was so much better.
But if there was going to be a new entry I would want to see somthing along the lines of a gp32 with a psp sized screen somwhere around 400 mhz.
And of corse completely open source, as is a gp32 tradition:D
My Gawd that would be the end all be all of handhelds :p

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 04:23
whats a gp 32, and why arnt you on yahoo shadow?

shadowprophet
July 8th, 2005, 04:30
Gp32 is game park 32 its soul purpess is for bomebrew and non homebrew code.
Its completey open source.
Meaning it doesnt need to be moded, tricked out or banged aginst the wall to play emulators lol
Its a really snizzle little device,design wise it reminds me of a bulky gameboy advance. the orig ones not the sp.

Yahoo's not messing up for you? I figured they where haveing server problems. I cant even log in!! this always happens to me :confused:

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 04:42
where can i get me a "gp32"... sounds unteresting..... and its not yahoo... its you computer, press Ctrl Alt Delete go to processes, end MSMSGS and SPOOLSV and KHOST and..... hmmm...... any other spyware junk.... like WUPDATER....

then try and login again, it that dont work, reboot the computer, thats why i do, and it works for me!

shadowprophet
July 8th, 2005, 05:01
http://www.gbax.com/ :D

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 05:13
thats an intereting sight...... seams an interesting system..... can it handle a gba emulator? 166mhz seams pretty low.... any reason why i should get 1 even though i already have a psp?

shadowprophet
July 8th, 2005, 05:21
Most gp32 fans would hang me for saying this but.
No If you have a psp theres really no reason to get a gp32 other then its affordible, and the homebrew scene is light years ahead on this system compared to psp, Since its open source and been out longer.:D

sarla1596
July 8th, 2005, 05:23
so this thing is strictly meant to play other emulators and roms??? and if it really is 166mhz it really wouldnt run that well, id just stay with the psp for emulator

shadowprophet
July 8th, 2005, 05:26
agreed :D

But there is a whole lot more homebrew for the system then psp right now:D

sarla1596
July 8th, 2005, 05:37
yea and it prolly is easier to run all the emulators and roms also, the only time id get it is if i decided to upgrade my psp for the web browsing and stuff and still have a portable device to play my roms, but forking out another 120 bucks isnt somethin id really wanna do.....o well

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 05:48
there only about 30-50 on ebay...

shadowprophet
July 8th, 2005, 05:54
They may not be the version with the more porweful cpu.

Be careful.

sarla1596
July 8th, 2005, 05:57
but theres no way they can possibly run well with a 166mhz processor i mean the psp has trouble at 222mhz

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 06:34
yeah, how much is the memory on it though, i still may get it since right now its only going for 16$ on ebay (i bid) .... cuz like, when i went camping for a week (just got back a few dayz ago) the psp was very hard to keep the battery life up on, and when i got home it had a 25% battery.... (i camped for 6days) and like, i wasnt allowed to take to to the beach for obvious reasons... so i waited for fireworks on the beach for 8 hours with nothin to do but pick up fire wood.... so i may get this system for the mp3 and video abilities... and its got some simple batterys, so when i go camping again i can just switch em out....

sarla1596
July 8th, 2005, 06:50
crap i just looked on ebay and theres only two auctions.....o well

Cross
July 8th, 2005, 07:12
but theres no way they can possibly run well with a 166mhz processor i mean the psp has trouble at 222mhz

while I am not familure with the GP32 (I was never really interested), its not the processor speed that makes the EMU's run full speed. It certianly can help but compair the Intel Celeron to the Pentium 4 or the AMD Sempron to the Athlon 64. There is a difference just in the processor's abilities itself.

Also a VERY big factor is optimising the code for the platform which I am sure the GP32 has going for it being completely open source. So I would not be suprised to find the SNES and other EMU's at full speed. The right CPU with an Open Source EMU means 100x more coders and if those coders make the EMU 100% compatable with the Hardware, using all its features... well thats when you get the best results and thats also when processor power does not always mean as much.

CannedSoup
July 8th, 2005, 18:19
Snes runs just as good if not better on Gp32 than it does on psp. PSP code is sloppy it only uses the CPU where as other HB scenes usess the video sound and cpu cores to get more speed. Most Gp32 emulators out preform there psp counterparts. Gp32 is cool but its not going much farther than it already has.

Cap'n 1time
July 8th, 2005, 20:35
not to mention the gp32 dev kit is oodles better than the current psp stuff.

asphalter
July 8th, 2005, 22:49
Intelligent License [ 1.5 ]
Space Invaders [ 1.5 ]