PDA

View Full Version : Helllp!!! Anyone??

Cosmonecro
October 4th, 2007, 20:51
Hey,

I'm new here so I apoligize if I am not posting this in the right forum but I had a few miscellaneous questions and I'm hoping that maybe someone has the answers!!

1)I bought a ps2 game from ebay about 1 year ago or so (Dragon's Lair 3d) which was cancelled for US release and I thought they didn't have any copies available for the public.

Anyways, I'm a US PS3 owner (used to have a PS2 though) and I'm looking for a way to play the damn thing on my PS3. Problem is, is that it's from Australia and is in PAL format. I've been so frickin pissed off and frustrated thus far that I can't play it. I've been wanting this game forever!! Any ideas......or is there no options except hoping that Sony adds it to their list of new backward compatible playable ps2 games.

2)I also remember running across a Mario collection ps2 game a while back (probably emulated and burnt/hacked) and again, I tried to make a copy of that and....big surprise....it didn't work.

If it's any help, I own a Swap Magic 3 plus DVD and CD driver(s). I don't know. I know on the PS2 and PS1 there were easy ways of modding the systems. Although, I'm not really interested in cracking the black box of wonders open.

I know it's still early on in the PS3 world and there is still minimal knowledge of the emulating/hacking/homebrew/modding world but, I thought I'd try and see if any of you have any ideas. Sorry to bother you with my petty problems and I don't know if this is the right place to find the information but, please help if you can. Thanks!!

:confused: :thumbup:

LATER..........

Cosmonecro
October 4th, 2007, 22:02
Have a chance to check out my post yet?? Sorry. I wanted back at the top of the forum!

:confused:

Tesseract
October 14th, 2007, 03:29
1) I actually asked this of a friend the other night, and they confirmed that though the PS3 is regionless for PS3 games, it's still restricted for PS2 games. You'd need to have a PAL region PS2 or PS3 to play your copy of Dragon's Lair.

There are other alternatives, though.... I played the Dragon's Lair DVD perfectly fine on my PS2, so if you can find that, it'd play perfectly fine on your PS3 as well.

2) As far as I'm aware, the PS3 has yet to be hacked. You could try loading Another OS (Linux) and test out a Linux-based NES emulator... but from what I understand, Emulation on the PS3 is kinda rotten due to hardware access restrictions.

JKKDARK
October 14th, 2007, 04:32
1) Get an used PS2 console or try to play the game on a PS2 emulator for PC (PCSX2)

NoQuarter
October 14th, 2007, 05:30
I thought ps2 emulation required a rather fast system...

JKKDARK
October 14th, 2007, 14:33
I thought ps2 emulation required a rather fast system...

yes, but maybe he has a good computer ;)

kjetil1991
October 14th, 2007, 14:48
DONT DOuBLE POST!!!!!