PDA

View Full Version : Zelda phantom hourglass rocks!

shadowprophet
October 5th, 2007, 12:21
I ended up getting that zelda phantom hourglass, Its better then I thought.
At first I had reservations about a zelda game that's controlled entirely by touch screen. I admit the controls feel different at first, but after you get the hang of it, It feels good, It controls nice and the touch screen allows some interesting and deeply involving game play.

I recommend this game to any zelda fan, you wont be disappointed. It does have the wind waker theme with the cartoony look, and the story isn't dark and foreboding like twilight princess. lets be fair, the story isn't even as dark as wind wakers. But its the game play. The damned addicting game play. I cant stop playing it.

In short, if your a zelda fan your punishing yourself if you don't try phantom hourglass. :thumbup:

Well that's about everything I wanted to say. I'm gone to play more hourglass. peace people.

*edit to dark, yeah, I know, I should put things in the proper forums, My bad, I just really favor off topic over other forums, for some reason.

Xebix
October 5th, 2007, 12:48
I agree. This game is great. I was playing Worms Open Warfare 2 all the time, now I'm totally hooked on Zelda. Have you tried the battle mode? I gave it a shot last night, but the other player disconnected.

shadowprophet
October 5th, 2007, 12:56
I agree. This game is great. I was playing Worms Open Warfare 2 all the time, now I'm totally hooked on Zelda. Have you tried the battle mode? I gave it a shot last night, but the other player disconnected.
Ive tried the multiplayer like hide and seek type game, its pretty fun, I like being able to commend the enemies strategy by drawing the paths for them. Its really fun.
But I havent tried the battle mode yet, is it the same as the multiplayer game where you take the peices of triforce and move them to your players color zones?

*edit, I just tried it, multiplayer mode is more fun on WFC then offline . :)

Dragonic
October 5th, 2007, 15:15
This game is awsome!! I really like it! I got it for some days ago, and I think this is one of the best games for DS!! I like the animations ;). This game is really good made. Rating ++++++++++++++++++++! :)

ICE
October 5th, 2007, 15:32
Have you gotten to where you have to shut your DS yet? That was a crazy idea for a puzzle.

eomund
October 5th, 2007, 20:15
It's a great game with a great feel to it. I haven't gotten that far, but I do hope it gets harder.

shadowprophet
October 5th, 2007, 23:44
Have you gotten to where you have to shut your DS yet? That was a crazy idea for a puzzle.

The neatest puzzle ive seen so far, was where you say something into the mic. to get the person on the other side to open the door :D

Its a truly great game, And the touch screen works awesome for phantom hourglass.
I wouldnt change a thing about it. It works so well though, I worry that nintendo will prefer this control scheme.

Dont get me wrong the control scheme works great for phantom hourglass, I truly love it. But im not ready to give up the old method of control in favor of the touch screen for all future ds zelda titles.

ICE
October 5th, 2007, 23:49
yeah my worries over touch screen controls went away after like 3 minutes lol

kcajblue
October 5th, 2007, 23:57
i havent tried the game yet.
but i really want to.
im gonna finish up the last trial on phoenix wright first though.
which is another awesome game btw people.

eomund
October 6th, 2007, 00:51
I haven't gotten that far in the game myself, but you've peaked my interest.

Have you all registered your game yet? If you do, nintendo will send an email about a survey and you get a free Quill Stylus, they even pay for shipping.

shadowprophet
October 6th, 2007, 04:07
I haven't gotten that far in the game myself, but you've peaked my interest.

Have you all registered your game yet? If you do, nintendo will send an email about a survey and you get a free Quill Stylus, they even pay for shipping.
I didnt know that, Ive registered, and nintedo will pay for shipping, it will arive in 4 to 6 weeks, thanks again eomund, I would have missed out on this if it wasnt for you. :thumbup:

ICE
October 6th, 2007, 04:23
a quill stylus? can i just say wtf?
also i expect mine to be here in 4-6 weeks ;)

shadowprophet
October 6th, 2007, 04:43
a quill stylus? can i just say wtf?
also i expect mine to be here in 4-6 weeks ;)

Read this (http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/174/dress-up-your-wii-remote-for-free.php) Ive been hooking up on all the free swag I can lately :p

You should too bro, Everybody should.
It's about time nity showed us fans some love for making them number 1 :thumbup:

ICE
October 6th, 2007, 04:52
i ordered four of those the day they announced it ;)
any other free crap i should know of???

ShadowKnight
October 6th, 2007, 06:13
Sounds like a good game. Hey shadowprophet, been trying to get through to you. You are difficult to track down. Maybe this will get you attention. I made it back to Idaho in one piece, and I still have my PS2 with FF12 and GT4. You can call my local cell phone. 407-1595. Later. Oh yea, hello all, Im back. Last login was Feb 4 2007.

shadowprophet
October 6th, 2007, 06:18
Sounds like a good game. Hey shadowprophet, been trying to get through to you. You are difficult to track down. Maybe this will get you attention. I made it back to Idaho in one piece, and I still have my PS2 with FF12 and GT4. You can call my local cell phone. 407-1595. Later. Oh yea, hello all, Im back. Last login was Feb 4 2007.

You moved on me dude. I went to your apt with a quater i was gonna smoke it and watch you play that flight sim. And I find out your gone back to idaho :(

So I ended up smokeing by myself :(
When are you coming back. I still owe you 10 dollars and about five joints anyway.:(
Your at least coming back to visit arent you?

And your phone is still the same, I will call you in the morn brother.
Me and sondra have been arguing again. Same old shit here.

any other free crap i should know of???Not that I know if right off hand bro, But ive been registering anything and everything I can to find out :P

eomund
October 8th, 2007, 17:50
any other free crap i should know of???

Well Brainage 2 has a stylus set you can get. I don't own the game but it almost makes me want to get it :p
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/hamsass/thumb_colorstylus_inside.jpg

No worries shadow, I couldn't let this one go un-noticed :thumbup:

Kramer
October 8th, 2007, 18:05
I heard it was too easy.. does it get harder as the game progresses? If this game is any good ill probably buy a DS just for it...Im kinda worried it's going to be too easy though....

ICE
October 8th, 2007, 18:10
Well my one complaint is that it is too easy. Its not so easy its not fun though, just easier than I would have liked.

Kramer
October 8th, 2007, 18:22
Well my one complaint is that it is too easy. Its not so easy its not fun though, just easier than I would have liked.

The whole game is easy?
Maybe they should of added difuculty levels because zelda is getting easier and easier..... What happened to the days when Zelda games where actually challenging:confused:

shadowprophet
October 9th, 2007, 01:46
The minish cap. The last boss in that game. Was possibly the most challenging boss fight in all zelda history.

RfJ6BK719LM

kcajblue
October 9th, 2007, 04:22
man, minish cap.
that game was so awesome.
but i didnt find that last boss hard at all.
i might have died once or twice but i beat it pretty easily.

Cap'n 1time
October 9th, 2007, 06:07
I played this game today... I got a hand cramp. The game looks great but I just dont like the controls.

ICE
October 9th, 2007, 06:15
Ah you wuss and your wussy "hand cramp"
I keep hearing about people getting hand cramps playing certain DS games. I never have..

Oh and just kidding on the "wuss" crack lol

eomund
October 9th, 2007, 20:14
It takes some getting used to I admit, but once you get used to it, it's pretty good. It's as close to mouse controls as you can get.

woodlander
October 11th, 2007, 14:06
if i was playing any gameboy zelda game on the visualboy emulator on my pc, i would never have chosen to use the mouse (if it were possible) to move a sprite about the screen.

basically, the game is good. but it is ruined by the controls. i can't see stuff because the stylus gets in the way (does anyone know if you can put the action on the top screen?). the game should have had an option to use the D pad and buttons. it just seems dumb that we're being forced to use this touch screen

kcajblue
October 12th, 2007, 00:00
Ah you wuss and your wussy "hand cramp"
I keep hearing about people getting hand cramps playing certain DS games. I never have..

Oh and just kidding on the "wuss" crack loli know.
everyone always complains about cramps from playing ds games.
but ive had a ds ever since they came out and never once have had my hands hurt from playing.

wiggy fuzz
October 12th, 2007, 17:15
brothers in arms ds gave me hand cramps largley because it's useless perspective and jerky frame rate made things slow. that game actually hurt...

LoZ is great, i can play it one handed... incase my hand falls off i have another one spare

woodlander
October 13th, 2007, 01:56
what i probably should have said was that it's a WELL good game!

but alas, i cannot operate the controls all that well. maybe this new generation of kids can master it. and that i'm a dinosaur who is just too old now to learn a new way of control

eomund
November 6th, 2007, 20:42
Well, for those who are interested here is what the Quill Stylus looks like:
It had some nice box art:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/eomund1/1106070807.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/eomund1/1106070807a.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/eomund1/1106070808.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/eomund1/1106070808a.jpg
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/eomund1/1106070808b.jpg

mcdougall57
November 6th, 2007, 21:44
basically every zelda game is good exept majoras mask of course