PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Cause I wanna play AVP real bad

mraxe84
October 5th, 2007, 14:29
Hi guys here's my situation. I've tried numerous times n I can't get my Alien vs Predator rom working on my CPS2 PSP 2.2.1a adhoc for PSP Slim.

1. I'm using 3.60m33 firmware

2. it works on my system and i can load the emulator

3. but when I load the rom after it read avp.13m the system just hangs and everytime when i try a different rom, as soon as something ends with .13m my PSP hangs n the system goes black screen on me.

I like to share what I had done so maybe u guys would be kind enough to point out my errors if I'm doing anything wrong.

I've downloaded both avsp Alien vs. Predator (Euro 940520) avspu Alien vs. Predator (USA 940520) to act as the parent and clone thing n put them in my rom folder and i even used the rom cnv on both zips so i got two cache. the rom cnv is the latest one from the source code release. I'm just thinking to myself that there is no reason why this my system should crash I got the cache I got the parent clone rom thingy n the emulator itself loads up fine on my PSP.

I would really appreciate if somebody can explain to me how to get the game working so that i can the game I've always wanted to play. Alien vs predator arcade ;) and also if possible can someone pls explain what does it mean when my system crash at .13m Thanks :)

pichon
October 5th, 2007, 18:08
It seems to me you're doing everything correctly, I suggest that you either upgrade to 3.70 m33 so maybe some homebrew thing fixes, or you could try to format the ms and try again, and finally you could try an older version of cps2psp that works on slim, I posted about one older version that worked but now I can't remember which. Also, you could try the converter from an older version and hope it works, just some ideas that could help, I can't think anything better sorry.

mraxe84
October 11th, 2007, 11:41
Hi thanks for the suggestion. Upgraded my psp to 3.71m33 now i can play all the CPS2 games i want from the latest emulator. Cheers ;)