PDA

View Full Version : Atari 2600Emulator

Axel44
July 8th, 2005, 04:44
hey, has anyone made an Atari2600,5600, or 7800 Emulator? someone should, we at Atariage.com, and nostalgic gamers could use it, thanks.

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 05:22
no one has yet i think..... why would you want to play such games on such a capable beautiful system?

Onetonbullet
July 8th, 2005, 07:56
I've been hoping for a 2600 emu.....Hopefully someone ports one soon

Axel44
July 8th, 2005, 11:12
no one has yet i think..... why would you want to play such games on such a capable beautiful system?

Because, theres alot of nostalgic players out there using the PSP, and i think theyd like to play the System that introduced them into the world of gaming. they have NES emulators for it, why play those games??? ehh???? think about that, im gonna grab a beer.

EDIT: hrmm... port it....... would that be to wher i have an Ataria emulator, but i change its file format to a WMD format, and put it into my PSP with all of the games included?

Jdemon
July 8th, 2005, 11:41
:eek: You got me all exticed. I would absolutely LOVE to have an Atari 2600 emulator on my PSP It would be sweet to have 5200/400/800/7800 also. But to be able to play Adventure and Yar's Revenge on my PSP would be awesome!!! They should release an Atari Retro UMD!!! I'd buy it (as long as it has good games on it :D)

Eolair
July 8th, 2005, 16:36

Because some people care more about playability than good looks. Old games are just as capable of delivering enjoyment as new ones. In some cases more so because back in the old days you couldn't hide garbage in a nice looking gfx wrapping. Content always win over looks.

I for one would love to se emus for Atari2600/Coleco/Intellivision/C64/AtariST etc.

djrobx
July 9th, 2005, 07:30
I love classic games. I play them on my 50" plasma, despite all of the better 3d consoles and 3d computer games. I still play the new games too, of course.

The PSP is by far the slickest portable gaming system we have available to date. The large, bright beautiful screen is great for all games, even could be for the 2600's blocky graphics.

Besides, how else are you going to get 490 games in less than 3mb uncompressed? :)

-- Rob

Parqer
July 9th, 2005, 10:16
I'd love emulators of any system from that era. I grew up with the 2600 but I'm also a completist and want as many systems/games on the PSP as possible. Having umpteen systems/roms and hombrew games on my PSP almost makes up for the fact that there are scarce few Sony branded games worth playing available.

ArugulaZ
July 9th, 2005, 12:25
Would it make any of you feel better if you knew that dozens of games for the MSX computer were actually direct ports of ColecoVision titles? These include Squish 'Em Sam, BC's Quest For Tires, and the Activision favorites Pitfall! and Pitfall 2: The Lost Caverns.

Considering how close the MSX hardware is to the ColecoVision, it's amazing that we have yet to see emulation of the latter on the PSP. I thought I heard rumors that the Master System emulator was going to run ColecoVision games in a future update, but I'm not certain if what I'd heard was true.

JR

wazzal7
July 9th, 2005, 16:56
i'd love to see some atari emulators. another cool one would be the TI/99, and even the apple II/E, for anyone who even knows what these are. they might have been made like 20 years before i was born, but i still played them.