PDA

View Full Version : Bleem!Cast SELFBOOT SCRIPT

MrTeressaBond
October 5th, 2007, 18:07
Hi, i dont know if this may be the rihgt place to discuss this or wheather it has been discussed before, like old news, but quite awhile ago i thread along and found something called 'Bleem!Cast-SELFBOOT-SCRIPT-PROPER-FINAL-RELEASE ' which you are able to take this script and mount it with a PSX game and thus load up and become playable.

url removed

but as we all know this is a beta, and thus will have loads of bugs and glitches to the games, but overall it does what the final proper releases of BC does, resize to 640x480, Bilinear filtering and emulating PSX games on the Dreamcast.

you can find many vidoes of this mount on YouTube, probably the most famous one is the Time Crisis emulation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBM8ECGtEUA

i dont know about you lot, but i hear alot of different versions of BC, like betas and packs and i get confused which is which or if some re the same but with differnt names.

anyways, i was wondering if anyone here will know more about this script cause its a really interesting thing this is, and would like to know about it.

as well, i would like to know what or which version of Bleemcast (beta's or whatever) this came from.

im not going to say more at the moment, i just want to leave it for now and would like to know about it.

i would really appreciate it if anyone can help me with this.

thanks.

SSaxdude
October 5th, 2007, 21:31
The Bleem!cast beta was leaked a while ago. Some games work well with it. I've tried Crash Bandicoot, Thrill Kill, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, and Test Drive 6 and they all were very playable. Some games won't boot. Videos (like in Final Fantasy VII) don't work correctly. But this is a beta and it was far from being done.

To use Bleem!cast, simply burn the image to a disc, place the disc in your DC, and swap the disc with a Playstation game. There is a way to make a Playstation game self boot with Bleem!cast, but I'm not sure how to do so.

MrTeressaBond
October 6th, 2007, 00:43
this is the way of making a selfboot PSX game with Bleem!cast, i havent tried it yet, but i have already downloaded the Time Crisis and Thrill Kill games of it and i must say, i do prefer playing it on the Dreamcast alot better than the Playstation, im sure alot would agree.

but the only problem is that its a beta and contains bugs, which i am wondering which version of Bleemcast is this? and i want to work on this with the help of you lot to make it an almost perfect emulator to burn with PSX games and to be playable like the originals.

anyone?

JKKDARK
October 6th, 2007, 00:54
I hate Bleemcast beta.

FMV don't work, sound is horrible sometimes and you can't save the game.
I prefer to run my PlayStation discs on my PlayStation 2 console.

MrTeressaBond
October 6th, 2007, 01:14
i can understand that, but im sure the THAT Bleemcast beta was not made as it is now, isnt there a way to further code it? or take one of the finisghed Bleemcast emu's like for GT and Tekken 3 and somewhat use tose to mount a PSX image onto it and make it perfect playable?

iniquitous_beast
October 6th, 2007, 01:37
Source code. We need it. We don't have it. Further, Bleemcast was shut down due to pressure from Sony. To attempt to continue the project, with or without the original creator's permission, would be opening a whole can of legal worms. Most coders won't touch it.

The original Bleemcast creator supposedly owns a near-final beta that is rumored to be almost perfect; but he won't release it to the public for fear of Sony's wrath.

JKKDARK
October 6th, 2007, 01:45
but he won't release it to the public for fear of Sony's wrath.
Sony really can't stop him. The author could release but he just doesn't want. He visited NGEmu sometimes in recent years.

MrTeressaBond
October 6th, 2007, 01:52
i think i may have a good idea who this person might be, as i used to be with NGEmu, but got kicked out after a Resident Evil 1.5 thread i have created.

you should see what the PS3 does now, with all that 'power' it cant even do the most simplest game enhancing.

and i am aware we need this source code, but the only way to get close to it is to use a decompiler software (many out there) and strip it down as close to what the source code is. If however i am able to do this, would it be possible for someone to take up upon this little assignment?

and i have read and known the story of Bleem as well, bastards at Sony, also picking on the little guy.

BlueCrab
October 6th, 2007, 14:49
Discussion about the Bleem!cast beta is not allowed, and is warez discussion.

Please refrain from discussing it, or more infractions and bans will be handed out.

TOPIC LOCKED