PDA

View Full Version : Halo Movie: R.I.P. 2005-2007

wraggster
October 7th, 2007, 19:45
IGN has the scoop on the status on the Halo movie project. Neill Blomkamp, the director attached to the project, provided an update on the big screen debut of Master Chief:

"The film is entirely dead. In the configuration it was in. Whatever happens with that movie, assuming that movie gets made, will be a totally different configuration," Blomkamp informed Creativity-Online.com. "It's not so much me as the entire vessel sank. Basically, it was a combination of; there were two studios involved that weren't getting along in the process of making it, Universal and Fox. That kind of stuff happens, it's a fragile industry. So the film collapsed at the end of last year, and it's been dead, ever since then. I'll be curious to see what happens."

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14732/Halo-Movie-RIP-20052007/

Basil Zero
October 7th, 2007, 20:25
wow just wow xD

too bad, would of been awesome to watch. :(

Sonicboy 101
October 7th, 2007, 20:26
Oh well, I'll live.

ExcruciationX
October 7th, 2007, 20:52
Damn. Would have been a good movie.

pspuser1993
October 7th, 2007, 21:07
Is there a3.71 downgrader

pspuser1993
October 7th, 2007, 21:07
for psp

Shadowblind
October 7th, 2007, 22:20
Aw, I saw the shorts made by the fan, they were insane for homemade. They looked movie quality o_0

In that quality, I wouldn't have mind seeing this :(

wolfpack
October 8th, 2007, 01:21
personally im glad this movie wasnt made. normally the movie industry screws things up for game movies, especially with great games turning out to be cruddy movies.

Example: Doom

Elven6
October 8th, 2007, 19:36
Ahh oh well, I hope Neil Blompkamp does more of those shorts, if he wants he could charge MS points for them! I mean they must be hella expensive to produce.

Sonicboy 101
October 8th, 2007, 19:39
personally im glad this movie wasnt made. normally the movie industry screws things up for game movies, especially with great games turning out to be cruddy movies.

Example: Doom

Resident Evil too. It messed up the game timeline pretty bad. :(

alexvander
October 8th, 2007, 20:26
Is there a3.71 downgrader

lol yes but this is way off topic. u need the pandora battery to do it just search the forums and you will find it. anyways i dont think they could have pulled the movie off they couldnt have done a good job and it would end up as yet another game to movie disaster