PDA

View Full Version : DungeonS v0.1

wraggster
October 7th, 2007, 20:33
News/release from OutofRange (http://blogs.moddz.com/outofrange)

I ran into a couple of problems this week that practically halted development of the game, since you couldn’t play the game because of them, and thus needed to be sorted out. Thankfully, they are now history, and I have been able to progress with the development. The biggest step forwards has been the start of the story mode, which features a character creation screen, where you can roll to try and improve your stats, change the hero’s name, and (in the future) choose a class for your hero. Currently, there are only five levels, and they still need a little work, but they do show the game working, and how it will look in the finished version. However, there are still a number of things I have planned that remain to be added, such as;

# I’m aiming for about 50 levels.
# Every ten levels, you get a “camping” screen, where you can (hopefully) save and purchase items from the shop.
# Adding the storyline, so you know why you’re there…
# Extra dungeon items, such as teleporters, to add some puzzle elements
# Greater variety of weapons and armour for each class.
# Better AI (as it’s just placeholder AI at the moment)

For two weeks development, I’m somewhat happy with how it’s turned out so far, especially due to some of the bugs I’ve had. It’s not the most complex game in the history of the world, but hopefully, with the features I have planned, I’ll increase my knowledge of c++, especially since I had practically none prior to starting this game.

I have just d/led the latest version of no$gba, and the buttons on the title screen don’t show at first … but they appear if you click the screen… don’t know what that’s about, will look into it -.-

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Maythius
October 7th, 2007, 23:16
Dude keep the work up! This is going to be in my top 5 once it has everything you want to add to it cough* I might prefer it over Powder cough* but you didn't hear that :thumbup:

w00tman X
October 8th, 2007, 02:02
Wow, looking good!

All I could ask for (Besides what you've said you're going to add) is to get rid of the stat roll. Yeah, it might be retro and all, but it's annoying. Maybe you could give us a certain amount of "Stat Points" to asssign ourselves?

But besides that, good work.

BrookPT
October 8th, 2007, 10:06
great stuff! keep it up, wraggster;)

btw, i remember you from the Dreamcast emulation scene... Long live DC... and wraggster lol!