PDA

View Full Version : PSP Weather v1.0

wraggster
July 8th, 2005, 17:26
<a href="http://mcdongle.i8.com/">Mcdongle</a> has released a rather nifty app that via proggys like VNC etc will let you find the weather out in your area :P

Download and screenshots here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspweather.shtml

ganon
July 9th, 2005, 03:34
Damn people are thinking outside the box. Very Impressive

molotovwars
July 9th, 2005, 05:00
how do you change between DHCP and Static IP settings? I set up my home connection with mostly automatic settings, but don't really know how to change other settings.

PSP_Newbie
July 9th, 2005, 05:30
you dont have to change any settings in your home network, just change settings of the connection in your psp under infastructure to manual instead of letting it be assigned by the dhcp server

for instance, go to network settings, infastructure, <your connection>, test the connection and write down what it comes up with(IP address, etc)
now edit your connection and instead of doing the "Easy" or "Automatic" settings, just put it in manually and then it will just log in under that IP instead of having it assigned by DHCP,
your actual network can still run the DHCP server, but the psp will log in with manually assigned IP
it worked for me, hope that helps :D

Velo
July 9th, 2005, 06:33
Interesting, This is pry better than the stupid dopler radar they use at news places.

Good work!

A program to find other PSP's would be interesting too, could it be done using the same type of programming?

-James

molotovwars
July 9th, 2005, 06:39
i mean i figured out hot to change to static but now I have a small, really stupid (imo) problem. So I go to custom for Address Settings, then Manual for IP Address Settings and change everything accordingly (IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Router) and then what?

How can I save the settings? My only option is to go back but I can't figure out how to proceed with those manual settings. I'm probably missing something very obvious, someone fill me in.

PSP_Newbie
July 9th, 2005, 07:16
maybe u mean press right on the D-pad? most of the settings u press X as its the only setting on the screen, but with many settings once u r done just press right on D-pad
or i might be way off from the problem, ill check back in a bit if that doesnt help

molotovwars
July 9th, 2005, 08:06
I figured it out I wasn't entering anything in the Primary DNS field. i like this weather program and will look forward to future updates

PSP_Newbie
July 9th, 2005, 08:29
alright, glad u got it
as for the psp weather program, gj!
great way to check up on the weather in the area w/out having to use the comp or tv
some ideas for an update might be an extended weather forcast for tommorows weather or even a week, and maybe a zip code selector in-program so u can take a look at different areas without having to edit the .cfg file by hooking up the psp to the comp
anyways, keep up the great work! ill be lookign forward to future updates