PDA

View Full Version : DGEN for PSP Ver0.60

wraggster
July 8th, 2005, 20:00
Syn-Z has released a new version of his port of Dgen for the PSP (Megadrive/Genesis Emulator), heres whats new:

- Sound improved
- Sound settings (11/22/44khz, DAC)
- Region settings
- Speed adjustment
- Key repeat in menu screen

download http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dgenpsp.shtml

CannedSoup
July 8th, 2005, 20:09
SynZ is making sure he never uses 333mhz right? Isnt his goal to gen runing at the lowest cpu speed that psp can run at?

parabolee
July 8th, 2005, 20:10
Anyone tested it yet? Is it better than PSP Genesis ?

CannedSoup
July 8th, 2005, 20:16
Also this has to be named something spefic doesnt it? And something special about the roms too. You might wanna put that info.

SmashinGit
July 8th, 2005, 20:33
Roms have to be unzipped and placed in the same folder as the eboot.

Kingtj
July 8th, 2005, 20:35
I tested it and it works fine so far.And no i don't think anything has to be specific.

parabolee
July 8th, 2005, 20:38
Well I put it in a folder called DGEN-PSP and the roms into that folder and it worked fine.

first impressions -

Speed is OK but not as good as PSP Genesis

Sonic 1 graphics were corrupt on testing

Nice menu graphics and options

No full screen though and no obvious Sram save

Overall - It's promising but it's still not as good as PSP Genesis. Once PSP Genesis has more options, full screen and save states it will be as good as any emu for PSP. Right now this one could steal it's crown if the work is put into it to get it right. It's not too far behind but it's still far enough behind to be second best.

accord 4 me
July 8th, 2005, 21:51
Well I put it in a folder called DGEN-PSP and the roms into that folder and it worked fine.

first impressions -

Speed is OK but not as good as PSP Genesis

Sonic 1 graphics were corrupt on testing

Nice menu graphics and options

No full screen though and no obvious Sram save

Overall - It's promising but it's still not as good as PSP Genesis. Once PSP Genesis has more options, full screen and save states it will be as good as any emu for PSP. Right now this one could steal it's crown if the work is put into it to get it right. It's not too far behind but it's still far enough behind to be second best.

i haven't noticed a speed difference between the two, but i can say more games seem to work for dgen

ganon
July 8th, 2005, 22:33
ok im gonna try this

ganon
July 8th, 2005, 22:46
just tried sonic and raiden both crashed so ill give this emu a miss

parabolee
July 8th, 2005, 22:47
Well PSP Genesis seems to run games full speed without a big drop in frame rate. Dgen seems a little jerky to me at times.

CannedSoup
July 8th, 2005, 23:50
What I dont get is this

Generator is poor poor emu for pc yet people still always port it first.

Dgen is very good for 98 when it came out but now Gens is its new version. Dgen isnt very portable at all and Gens isnt either not even worth porting due to all the trouble.

Gen+ is very awesome totally in C and plugin all the new cpu cores that are wrote in C for DC to work on PSP.

This emu looks more promising than PSP genesis as I think someone ruined it for everyone on that one.