PDA

View Full Version : Fat file system error

wolf9545
October 8th, 2007, 18:15
I am using version 2.08 of the Ezflash 3 software. When I format the ezdisk port it formats all the through but I get a window message at the end but I can't understand what it says because the text is garbled. It does seem like I can transfer a game over to the ezdisk portion fine.
What the problem I am having is I stick the cart into my GBA micro and when I turn it on everything works fine except the ezdisk portion. I get "fat file system error" along with no games listed. Any suggestions?

eomund
October 9th, 2007, 00:43
The card is not corrupt it's just the wrong format.

I'm not sure which it has to be but most homebrew deviced require FAT/FAT16

It's an easy fix. Just plug the card into your PC like you normally would. Right click the drive in 'My Computer' and click 'Format...'

You will get a little dialog box that pops up. The first change you will want to make is where it says 'File System'. It will have a pull down box and you can select the corect format from there.
At the bottom there is a box that says 'Quick Format'. Make sure this is NOT checked. Once all is said and done it should work for you.

BTW these are windows XP instructions. If you are using a different OS post up what you have and I'll see what I can do.

wolf9545
October 9th, 2007, 01:23
You do realize that the card that I am talking about is a GBA type card not a SD card; that is what the ez flash 3 uses. Also the way it connects to a pc is with a card reader that is supplied when you buy it. It doesn't show in windows as a drive letter; even under device manager.

eomund
October 9th, 2007, 20:10
Hrmm. Not to sure then. I've seen setups with a few different types of cards but not this one.

Is the card reader seen as a drive? I have some camera disks that act like that. If not could you explain exacly how it's set up? Or post some pics and screens?

If the card reader is seen as a drive you can follow the above steps, if not I couldn't tell you without seeing it.

You've peeked my interest, and I'd like to see this through.