PDA

View Full Version : Metal Slug on the PSP (?)

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 21:25
Metal Slug was, and still is, a great arcade / console game... and i beleive it would be perfect to have on a PSP... sadly i can only find 3 ways to get it on my PSP...

1. it seams one of the best ways is to get the Neo Geo CD emulator for the PSP, and download the Metal Slug roms... however these can take up 100-300mb... and i only have a 512 megabyte memory stick, and dial up... and i'm sure there are those of you here with only 128 mb, or 256..... so for those of us with limited space, this isnt fully an option....

2. the second best way to get Metal Slug on the PSP is to retreive the VBAPSP GameBoy Advance Emulator for the PSP, and download Metal Slug Advance (illegal if you dont own it) which is only about 12mb, but the VBAPSP Emulator, runs VERY slowly, and has ALOT of problems....

3. the third way to get Metal Slug on a PSP is to download the Neo Geo Pocket emulator for the PSP, and then download the Metal Slug Neo Geo Pocket roms.... (again illegal if you dont own them)... however doing this, the games screen is only about an inch or so tall/wide... and the graphics are pretty bad.... usualy black and white....

those are the three ways...

but when i was searchin the net vigorously for Metal Slug rom and such, i found a Metal Slug Neo Geo (NOT CD) rom, and it was only about 14mb.... and i aslo found a "Neo Geo" emulator for the PSP, but it turned out to be another Neo Geo Pocket emulator....

please, if anyone knows of any other ways to get Metal Slug on the PSP, please give me some tips..... or if you know of any ways to speed of the VBA PSP (besides clocking psp to 333mhz and increasing frames...) please let me know... thank you

and please know, this is my first "thread" or "topic", thank you... (feel free to give me positive rep :o )

Festizzio
July 8th, 2005, 21:32
I don't think neo geo cd roms are as big as you think. I have Metal Slug 2 and it only takes up around 70 mb, and Pulstar, which is around 77. Maybe you need to find better roms.

xuphorz
July 8th, 2005, 21:34
I don't think neo geo cd roms are as big as you think. I have Metal Slug 2 and it only takes up around 70 mb, and Pulstar, which is around 77. Maybe you need to find better roms.

ya, at my (legal and illegal) rom sites, they average around 60mb :)

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 21:42
please dont bann me, dont send me roms!

Cap'n 1time
July 8th, 2005, 21:45
the free roms are way bigger, but can u send me metal slug 2 please!?!? my email address is [email protected] or [email protected]

you really should be banned for that. no rom requests.

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 21:51
sorry.... are we allowed to be directed to a rom site? or anything?

xuphorz
July 8th, 2005, 21:52
sorry.... are we allowed to be directed to a rom site? or anything?

no, any commercial rom anything are bad, i found that out the hard way :p

Cross
July 8th, 2005, 21:52
I rest my case in what i said earlier to the report post.

kash
July 8th, 2005, 21:53
not illegal rom sites aka games that people developed themselves so that means no metal slug for you

edit: hmmm I wonder how many people are gonna spam his email address now

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 22:02
please dont spam me, and uh..... 1 time user, can u edit your post and remove that message of me requesting roms..... and why would they be illegal if i own a metal slug neogeo cd :confused:

xuphorz
July 8th, 2005, 22:12
please dont spam me, and uh..... 1 time user, can u edit your post and remove that message of me requesting roms..... and why would they be illegal if i own a metal slug neogeo cd :confused:

if you actually do, it's worth alot, i'd sell it :)

there is not way to actually verify if a person owns a game or not, so no one can tell if anyone downloading commercial roms is illegal or not.
the safe way is to simply assume all are illegal, which most web-sites do :D

Trips411911
July 8th, 2005, 22:28
RedKing14CA im going to assume that the 14 in your name stands for age. SO they should let you slide in here on this one ONLY.
I own a neo-geo 1 slot arcade machine. I have Metal slug 1 and 2 MVS carts. Yes, it's an awesome game but as soon as a NG emulator is ever announced people freak out with the metal slug stuff. You need to relax a little cause i think you're really starting to get on some nerves and it would be a bad thing to be banned from a great forum like this over stupid stuff. Why don't you take a few days off and read over all the past posts. stop replying to every thread just for post count or humor or whatever you're trying to do. do a search on whatever rom you're looking for and check to see what's IN the file first. sometimes zip files have more then one thing in it making what you're looking for seem like a larger file then what it actually is.

edit the poor kids email add out of your posts.

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 22:46
um, thank you? and um, sorry, i always respond to posts, i guess this is not suppose to treat it as a chat room??? im very sorry.... im 15 not 14, i just dont like changing my e-mail address yearly....

please forgive me, and tell me how to post and such? :o

edit- this is my very first thread however, i made sure not to make a thread everime i need help or an awnser or anything, did i do good?
and im sorry to annoy anyone, i know they told me to make a "topic" on metal
slug, and not to post about it any more... so i did....

watoto
July 8th, 2005, 22:51
well,techincally you are allowed a backup copy IF you own the original,right?

but then again,if you do own the original,why not just rip it to your computer?

kash
July 8th, 2005, 22:53
^because he doesn't own the original..

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 22:57
i dont own the original, i made sure to add an IF to that, lol, but what IF you had a neo geo cd and a metal slug cd, and then you wanted to play them in the shower, but the electricity and watter didnt mix well... and they cought on fire... and your showercurtain cought on fire and fell on them, and you chucked the burning hunk into the toilet, and flushed!!! now you have the backups on your computer, legal back ups.... so if the feds ever come to your doorstop asking "why the bloody hell do you have roms" you can say :rolleyes: "my neo geo cd cought on fire with my favourite game!!!"

edit- come on, am i right :cool:

wraggster
July 8th, 2005, 23:42
No warez or rom links, find files yourself and read the rules or be banned

Topic closed

CannedSoup
July 8th, 2005, 23:42
I wish you idiots would stop calling iso's roms.
Secondly Metal Slug for NeoGeo CD, GBA and NeoPocket are all totally different games. Plus I'm pretty sure neogeo aes rom of metal slug would fit in the ram if someone would port a neogeo emu to psp.