PDA

View Full Version : I... stripped some screws. I really need some help guys.

punkonjunk
October 8th, 2007, 20:49
Aw man, I wish it was bricked. Now we can fix that Easy. (I wish it was bricked... man, that would have sounded wierd a few months ago)

Hey though, I stripped two black rightside screws on my PSP. I was putting a new case and buttons on, and I of course had some trouble. The clear case looks great, but the power switch is acting funny and the buttons don't work well (aparently the conductive rubber pads from the first gen black PSPs work like shit with new cases/buttons, as I'm finding out)

I can use it like this, but not well. At all. I really need to get these stripped screws out. I tried gluing a screwdriver in there, and that didn't work well. help.

jimarib
October 8th, 2007, 22:31
I also have this problem, help if possible.

furnaps
October 8th, 2007, 22:46
I dont know if they make "Easy Outs" that small or not I use them when working on cars and stuff there like a backwards drill bit that grabs and twist the screw out. Look in aa autoparts or hardware store for them.

DimensionT
October 8th, 2007, 22:48
You could try picking up a set of Grabbit bits for your screwdriver. One side of the bit drills a small hole in the screw, the other has a spiral tip that grips onto the hole.

You have to use an electric screwdriver (unless you have a strong enough arm to make a hole in steel). I dunno how you feel about taking something with that much power to your PSP.

jimarib
October 8th, 2007, 22:50
yeah... both ideas involved power drills which i'm not comfortable with. Anyone have any ideas that don't involve power drills?

jimarib
October 9th, 2007, 06:19
bump

sourced
October 9th, 2007, 09:20
file the screws.

pt9087
October 9th, 2007, 15:05
superglue :D

sourced
October 9th, 2007, 16:42
superglue :D

:rolleyes:

punkonjunk
October 9th, 2007, 17:18
How do I file a screw in a well that deep? it sounds like a great idea, but do they make files for that situation?

sourced
October 9th, 2007, 17:26
yup. or if you cant find one..powerdrill it with a fine drillbit. or one of those battery operated screwdrivers.