PDA

View Full Version : SNEmulDS v0.6 Alpha released - Snes Emulator for Nintendo DS

DanTheManMS
October 9th, 2007, 03:49
Archeide (http://snemul.com/ds/) returns with a new version of SNEmulDS:

The preview-alpha version of SNEmulDS 0.6 is now available for all the brave testers around the world!

The GUI artworks are not ready, so you have a "naked" and not very pretty GUI, but at least, you have the multi languages support!

You can check if your language is correct.
You can choose one of the language in the firmware or some language by editing the snemul.cfg :
# Language of GUI
# -1 -> Use firmware settings
Firmware languages:
# 0 -> Japanese (Katakana only)
# 1 -> English
# 2 -> French
# 3 -> German
# 4 -> Italian
# 5 -> Spanish
Non firmware languages:
# 106 -> Portuguese
# 107 -> Catalan
# 108 -> Polish
# 109 -> Dutch
# 110 -> Danish

Various External RAM packages can be used to improve large rom emulation, see snemul.cfg for more informations.

Scaling support has three modes :
- Full screen : nearly like snezzids
- Half scaling : "smart" scaling, only reduce half the backgrounds, and doesn't squish sprites. It looks quite fine in games.
- No scaling : no scaling at all, classic SNEmulDS mode, still default

Here is the complete list of changes compated to 0.5 beta:

- New GUI using framebuffer for sub screen
- Better human interface, improved file selector (alphabetical sorted), buttons, check boxes, multi choose zones, etc.
- New GUI supports joypad (joypad is not supported when emulator is running however).
- Multi language support (more than 10 supported, including katakan japanese !)
- Memory pak support (Opera RAM, Slot 2 card reader, etc. using libram) with paging or with large ROM mapping
- Scaling with pseudo bi-linear filtering and sprites squishing : full screen scaling (like snezzids), half scaling (half scaled and without sprites squishing), and no scaling (classic snemulds mode)
- Autiomatic SRAM saving when needed
- Some other bugfixes and improvements in GUI

Download and Give Feedback & Compatability Reports Via Comments

Xgen001
October 9th, 2007, 10:11
yes finally. been waiting a fairly long time.

keep up the good work :D

stevo11185
October 9th, 2007, 10:50
This is quite a improvement. very nice work....it even works with my ez 3-1 :D

paul3100
October 9th, 2007, 11:11
what format is the snes roms again and where do i put them?

nice looking emulator and having slot 2 memory working is great :-)

cheers , paul

`The0n3
October 9th, 2007, 11:40
Nice release! Is there any improvements in emulation with or without the ram and if there are with the ram please name off what it improves. Thanks.

bosanova_x
October 9th, 2007, 11:42
really impressed with the new release, i'm liking the new layout big time.

As for the scaling thats a god send.

megaman x and dracula x work well !!!

looking foward to another release.

Thanks again!!!!

Xgen001
October 9th, 2007, 12:00

cheers , paulsnes roms are .smc and i think european snes roms are .swc

stevo11185
October 9th, 2007, 12:12

cheers , paul

the format is .smc and you need to make a folder called snes on the root of your memory card

paul3100
October 9th, 2007, 14:05
ok cheers guys, actually managed to work it out!

Typical for some of my favorite games (mega lo mania & cannon fodder)not to work lol

paul

Eric
October 9th, 2007, 14:50
I'd like to say nice update. Im having a problem loading Donkey Kong Country roms and i'm using a M3lite card. Also what happened to VSync i found with the older version with that turned on the game ran at normal speed.

This is the screen i get when playing games like Donkey Kong Country and Kirby Super Deluxe

ptr=0x206ac90...
Use External Ram
Load at 3145728, 1048576
Load at 0, 3145728
Large ROM detected, CRC(1Mb) = 4d33e58f
Title: KIRBY SUPER DELUXE
ROM Type:LoROM

and it wont get pass that screen it just hangs

puslar_t
October 9th, 2007, 14:56
The R4DS firmware isn't kind to folders being put in root. I wish developers would be more wary of that :(

sukhi-2006
October 9th, 2007, 15:20
its cool snes emulator still it doesn't play starwing it shows white screen please make it more compatible.

sukhi-2006
October 9th, 2007, 15:24
R4 DS flashcart are really good this snes emulator putting it in the root of the card does work so don't worry to much that emulators don't run this way around i even tried some other emulators same way they do work.

paul3100
October 9th, 2007, 15:37
some games use custom chips which this emulator doesn't support, also not all games work yet! infact there are very few games that work to a perfect game play.

Brilliant emulator and come a long way but don't expect all your old favorite's to work YET!

paul

EDIT: donkey kong 1 * 2 seem to work just fine, well 1 anyway and 2 with glitches but still working, think people need to experiment with settings and dldi patch if your card doesn't support!

Carn
October 9th, 2007, 16:20
You don't even have to put the folder on the root if you know how to edit the .cfg file. Just edit the rom path. I've got my roms in /Emulators/SNES.

paul3100
October 9th, 2007, 17:38
yes CARN i did the same, moved to /emulators - DS/snes

paul

Eric
October 9th, 2007, 19:27
I'm going to still mention this as i did test again i'm gathering it might be cause of Hi-ROM games which are games like Donkey Kong Country and Kirby. I re-downloaded the software i did the 2 patches available for m3 the alternate and the original. The Alternate failed to load the emulator properly as the original loaded correctly. But still Hi-ROM games fail to load and seem to have the white screen and do absolutely nothing.

Sir_Voe
October 9th, 2007, 20:01
I'm having a problem and wondering if I'm the only one. In the GFX Config menu, for example say BG1 is set to 3 by default. If I try to switch BG1 to another setting, it gets stuck and can only be set to 1 or 0. Anyone else have this problem? I know it's an Alpha release and such things are to be expected, I was just curious.
Otherwise, great update. Screen scaling makes many of my favorite games a lot better, and the new menus are a lot cleaner and user friendly.

ChrisValentine
October 9th, 2007, 22:32
Total awesomeness!

paul3100
October 10th, 2007, 00:12
i think anyone struggling to get donkey kong and so on to work is due to not having that extra ram in slot 2! i do and it works and am using R4 + SClite

DanTheManMS
October 10th, 2007, 03:25
paul, the RAM shouldn't be needed to run 4 MB games like the DKC series. They worked fine in previous versions using the paging system.

I too am having issues with loading larger games, using my Supercard miniSD. Even when I disable the option in the snemul.cfg file, it attempts to use the external RAM, causing the games to freeze.

The issue might have to do with using a slot-2 device for both RAM and storing the games. Launching the game from slot-1 while using slot-2 solely for RAM appears to work. Archeide is looking into it at the moment.

Eric, I believe the Vsync option is now labeled "Speed" and you can change between Fast Speed and Normal Speed. I'm almost positive this is the same as the old Vsync setting.

Sigma83
October 10th, 2007, 04:08
still no luck on ultimate mortal kombat 3 working with sound, but it plays just as fast as snezzids now. The menu system is fantastic, great work. Excellent emulator, thanks for the update.

XDelusion
October 10th, 2007, 06:14
Umihara Kawase seems to run perfectly, there are a few minor Graphical glithches, but nothing that hurts game play in the least but...

...at least from what I've seen thus far.

Dragon Quest 5: Bride of Heaven seems to run great as well.

Dragonic
October 10th, 2007, 06:41
Oh no! Harvest Moon is still not working well :(! But anyway, the emulator rocks! It's really good! Nice work!

paul3100
October 10th, 2007, 11:29
paul, the RAM shouldn't be needed to run 4 MB games like the DKC series. They worked fine in previous versions using the paging system.

I too am having issues with loading larger games, using my Supercard miniSD. Even when I disable the option in the snemul.cfg file, it attempts to use the external RAM, causing the games to freeze.

I see, its the same as the opera browser that requires a slot one for that and the slot 2 for memory...

It would be an idea for people to list in there sigs what cards they are using and when posting to say what card they are using the program on!

Anyway as i am always saying everyone should invest in both slot 1 & 2 cards for better compatibility and that added memory which is becoming more and more used in homebrew.

paul

kralle
October 10th, 2007, 19:24
For settings

http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNEmulDS_Compatibility_List

stevo11185
October 10th, 2007, 20:23
i have got Donkey kong working and it is fullspeed.... you do need the ram for ROMS bigger than 1mb (or thats what it said anyway

Eric
October 10th, 2007, 20:49
Stevo your getting it all wrong here bud. Dont mean to pushy any buttons but people i guess with MiniSD are having issues using the ram in the Slot 2 or even turning it off using the NDS's Ram. Now unless your one of the lucky ones im sorry point it out to you.

DanTheManMS
October 10th, 2007, 23:24
I see, its the same as the opera browser that requires a slot one for that and the slot 2 for memory...

It would be an idea for people to list in there sigs what cards they are using and when posting to say what card they are using the program on!

Anyway as i am always saying everyone should invest in both slot 1 & 2 cards for better compatibility and that added memory which is becoming more and more used in homebrew.

paul
No no, it's not SUPPOSED to require both slot-1 and slot-2. It should be able to use a paging system that calls up chunks of ROM into RAM as needed. This is the system that was used up until this version. It's a bug in the program that's causing users of some slot-2 devices to have trouble loading large games. The RAM is available, but the game is freezing before being launched from it.

This version has the old paging system, but an additional bug causes SNEmulDS to attempt to use the RAM even if I tell it not to. Some users have reported that the option works as intended, but for me it uses the RAM no matter what.

In any case, I'll update the compatibility list sometime soon to allow for the new changes in the GUI.

matthew30
October 11th, 2007, 00:07
This is my first time trying this emulator our any of the nds emulators.And i say wow really great keep it up.I have found a few games to run without any errors.Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV - Turtles in Time (U) [!] well atleast the first stage i played.But anyway nice job and i can't wait to see the next update:D

joepadua
October 11th, 2007, 06:29
Please explain me how to install it right!
I copy the two snemul ds files, then I creat my SNES folder...it keeps saying "FS Failure, continue anyway" when I start it...please help me, imagine I was 4 years old!

joepadua
October 11th, 2007, 06:31
rom files simply wont apear !! this is killing me!!

paul3100
October 11th, 2007, 06:39
rom files need to go into the root of your card in a folder names " snes "

You can change the location of the rom files by adjusting the snemul cfg file, open it with notpad and you will see the first line has@

SNEmul configuration file # Please read README before ROMPath = /SNES

The " =/SNES " is in the root of the card and this is the part i changed to read " /snes emulator/snes "

Thats because i put my roms into my own made snes emulator folder!

Anyway its easier just to put the roms in the default folder " snes "

paul

dave auto
October 11th, 2007, 16:20
Please explain me how to install it right!
I copy the two snemul ds files, then I creat my SNES folder...it keeps saying "FS Failure, continue anyway" when I start it...please help me, imagine I was 4 years old!

Are you applying the appropriate DLDI patch for the device you're using? I was having a similar problem trying to use SNEmulDS v.0.5 on my Max Media Dock until I found a patching program and applied the appropriate patch to the .nds file before installing.

Read the sticky at the top of the forum for more info about DLDI patching. Good luck!

supersoni88
October 12th, 2007, 21:52
sweet testing it out now

Eyedunno
October 13th, 2007, 09:34
Umihara Kawase seems to run perfectly, there are a few minor Graphical glithches, but nothing that hurts game play in the least but...

...at least from what I've seen thus far.

Dragon Quest 5: Bride of Heaven seems to run great as well.
Yep, I can echo this. Umihara Kawase plays pretty much perfectly. If only the same could be said for me. I beat the giant tadpole on F8, then beat the next two fields (that are easiest to get to), then got my butt kicked on the one where you have to make it over the spikes with a rope/reel/jump combo. The spikes are no huge thing, but the enemies that crap out eggs suck. Anyway, I HAVE experienced occasional crashes on startup, at the beginning of a field, and when trying to unpause, so maybe using savestates is a good idea on this one (though I didn't just now, and got reasonably far with no issues).

Secret of Mana also runs better than before (constant resetting of the display settings is no longer necessary). I played as far as Northtown in 0.5, at which point I decided to give it a rest. This time, I actually got the Flammie Drum in Northtown, and even that works all right (but with some slowdown/graphics issues). SFII is also improved (fewer graphical glitches). Benkei Gaiden: Suna no Shou unfortunately doesn't seem to have improved any - it's playable, but enemies have partial transparency when they shouldn't, and the text in battles is this weird red on an orange background. Haven't tried Earthbound/Mother 2 yet, as I have the GBA version of Mother 1&2, so I see little reason to screw with emulation.

JawKnee
October 14th, 2007, 05:23
Hey, uh, I have a couple of questions.
Is there anyway to view the whole screen at one time? Instead of like, half of it?
And, why are the games so sped up? Is there anyway to slow it down?
And my last question, Is there any other GOOD SNES Emulator that could also run Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars?

Steely
October 14th, 2007, 16:25
Hey, uh, I have a couple of questions.
Is there anyway to view the whole screen at one time? Instead of like, half of it?
And, why are the games so sped up? Is there anyway to slow it down?
And my last question, Is there any other GOOD SNES Emulator that could also run Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars?
Yes, there is a way to view full screen. Click "Options", then click "Screen Layout Options", and there is an option for scaling. Click the grey button next to it to change it from "no scaling" to "medium" to "full screen" depending on how much you want scaled. Games like Earthbound look ugly with full screen, but games like Donkey Kong Country 2 look good with full screen.

For your speed issue, yes, there is a way to fix that. Again, go into "Options", there will be two settings for speed, "Speed:" and "Speed Hacks". I usually use "Normal Speed" and "Cycles Hack", since it usually works the best, but depending on the game, just fiddle around with combinations and see which works 100%.(In the corner of the bottom screen, there is a percentage. This is the speed the game is going, and it should always be about 100%)

Finally, on the DS, there is no SNES emulator that runs Super Mario RPG - Legend of the seven stars. This is due to a special chip being in that game, and it is hard for a DS to emulate and arguably impossible. The same goes for Yoshi's Island, Kirby Super Star, Star Fox and a few others.

JawKnee
October 14th, 2007, 22:05
Yes, there is a way to view full screen. Click "Options", then click "Screen Layout Options", and there is an option for scaling. Click the grey button next to it to change it from "no scaling" to "medium" to "full screen" depending on how much you want scaled. Games like Earthbound look ugly with full screen, but games like Donkey Kong Country 2 look good with full screen.

For your speed issue, yes, there is a way to fix that. Again, go into "Options", there will be two settings for speed, "Speed:" and "Speed Hacks". I usually use "Normal Speed" and "Cycles Hack", since it usually works the best, but depending on the game, just fiddle around with combinations and see which works 100%.(In the corner of the bottom screen, there is a percentage. This is the speed the game is going, and it should always be about 100%)

Finally, on the DS, there is no SNES emulator that runs Super Mario RPG - Legend of the seven stars. This is due to a special chip being in that game, and it is hard for a DS to emulate and arguably impossible. The same goes for Yoshi's Island, Kirby Super Star, Star Fox and a few others.

Yeah, I found that out by pressing randomly, cause, before If I tapped the Options nothing would happen so I had to switch the screens. But thanks anyway.

kurtless
October 15th, 2007, 05:55
Soooo anyone try Chrono trigger?How did work with this update?

matthew30
October 15th, 2007, 21:54
Can anyone give me the steps to install this emulator to a g6 lite i am also getting the FS Failure.but no problem with my m3 perfect the g6 is my sisters and i have no clue.thanks for any help

Mini Moose
October 24th, 2007, 01:40
Beautiful update! Absolutely fantastic!
But.....Super Metroid is glitchy. There are many new slow downs. It ran perfectly fine for me in the previous release. (I was even able to beat the game) Is there a compatibly problem in this release? I did all of the screen layouts and what not.......

I'll be more specific.
The sprites seem to "slide" and stall quite often in certain areas such as Lower Norfair. Especially when you fight the Kung-fu Space Pirates in Lower Norfair.
The Morph Ball animation slows down the game too. (in certain areas)

Is any one else having these similar problems?

(is it just me, or does Samus look smaller?)

bigleak2
October 31st, 2007, 20:00
why cant i select another rom through this on my r4 mmd and games n music

Pumpkinbot
November 11th, 2007, 07:06
I tried it on my Games 'n Music cartridge, put my roms (Tetris Attack and Super Mario All Stars) in a folder called "snes" and it still doesn't show up when I press, "Select rom" What am I doing wrong?

henchturk
November 11th, 2007, 15:14
Great emu, thanks for hard work :)

[OFFTOPIC]Sorry can't create new thread, I did a search but couldn't find anything.

What's the best NES emulator? I want to play some SMB3 :D

links will be greatly appreciated

Pumpkinbot
November 11th, 2007, 19:37
Please! Someone help!

[Off Topic]SMB3? Henchturk, I'd get All Stars if I were you, 'cause it has SMB, SMB2, SMB3, Lost Levels, and, some ROMS have SM World!

henchturk
November 11th, 2007, 20:21
What emulator for DS should I use?

Eric
November 12th, 2007, 23:04
if your talking about for Super Nintendo its defenitly this one just wait for the next update if your having any issues. I do defenitly thing this emulater will far not an absolute near perfection cause of the small screen issues. But i do believe that all games at some point will be playable.

dnds5
December 2nd, 2007, 23:47
something weird's happening with me

I have: M3 Simply + 3-in-1 Exp. Pack

When the 3-in-1 is in, none of my roms work except for Super Mario All Stars

When I take it out they all work.

Rebrek
December 3rd, 2007, 00:19
@henchturk: Well, from what I have seen, NesDS is quite good. There may be others better than it, but it has played every ROM I have tried without lag or sound problems. I don't think you'll have any problems because the DS can handle the NES better anyway.

googlepoogle
December 3rd, 2007, 09:33
Hey guys

Ive worked on this homebrew stuff before for my DS and ive actually had the snes emulator working on my DS a while ago, but ive forgot on how to make the SNES emulator play the games on my DS i have installed the Snes emulator and it loads up no problem,but the games dont show, cheers pals

fallinghigh
December 7th, 2007, 02:24
OK I HAVE A FEW MAIN ? WITH DS AND WICH CARD/CARDS TO GET....what is best for emulation 2 card or 1 card I am talking snes segaG nes ext.. if I get 2 card what is the current best solution..is there any thing a 1 card can do that a 2 card can not...PRICE NOT BEING A FACTOR IN THE ANSWER

spinal_cord
December 7th, 2007, 03:06
if price is not a factor then get both.

All you realy need to know is that slot-1 card can not run gba software.

fallinghigh
December 7th, 2007, 04:19
:pget both lol that isnt much help ....get both what ...passcard or m3...wich slot 2 .. I heard that there is converion isues with .nds files with 2 slot solution ..m3 and a smart card to many f'n options is their not a standerd to what is the best solution.. can you have a dual 4GB sd unit with 8GB of tottal space .wtf is the best that is the? that everybody wants to know and nobody wants to answer. I want to run hombrews in .nds format and play emus and run .gba hombrews.......p.s. not trying to be a dk just want the best:p

Weed-4-me
December 15th, 2007, 14:12
woaawww..... the things we can do with a ds... im so happy i found this site today ;)
nice work on this emulator man! although running ff4 glitchy :( all other roms seem to work...

thanks and keep up the good work

tehemai
December 17th, 2007, 01:46
Im having problems running rpgs on this emulator(only thing i tried), mainly final fantasy 4-6...The graphics end up all messed up, start menu is nearly all black, tiles that have no business being there appear and others are missing.... I tried messing with the layer options, ends up fixing some problems and messing up others... Anyone else having these problems? Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

So many games I tried have such a huge amount of defects that they aren't even playable...

doom_ex
January 2nd, 2008, 21:03
I got sooooo many problems for example: in super street fighter 2 theres blank space left at the screen (even if i turned it to FULL SCREEN) or ff2(4) the menu is messed up and if i touch "fix graphics" the screen goes black and you can see cecil's face and secret of mana you can see the title screen and if you push start you can't continue playing because you can only see a forest (or something like that) and not even the "enter a name"- screen
there are more games that don't work correctly but as long as Smash T.V works superb im ok with it

Some jerk
January 27th, 2008, 07:40
Is the project dead? They haven't updated for a few months now, not even a status report...

plan5
January 30th, 2008, 03:37
thank for release

Mini Moose
February 16th, 2008, 08:01
*Anxiously waiting for next version* ¬_¬

bmw2k4
February 16th, 2008, 20:14
thanks alot man! really needed this:D

Nightmare95
February 19th, 2008, 15:33
I have max media dock and i cant even get the roms to appear on the rom select screen. can any1 help?

ChaoticanarchyX
February 19th, 2008, 23:56
I have max media dock and i cant even get the roms to appear on the rom select screen. can any1 help?

Put a folder named SNES on the very first screen after the boot up sequence (the "root" of your CF)
Put all your games in the same folder. Try that out as I also have a MMD and MML. Also try flashing your DS. I noticed with mine the MMD worked better after having the DS flashed.

spannernick
February 20th, 2008, 19:47
DAM...Pinball Fantasies is not working still ..:( but Pinball Dreams is.. :)

mattsaysfooey
February 22nd, 2008, 06:28
If ANYONE could release a snes emu with a local wireless connect option for 2 player. That would make this almost zsnes leet is the fact it's ds on the go would be even more leet. IP connect 2 player is easy but ds connect wifi perhaps not. If it could be done would pwn.

scrabbus
February 26th, 2008, 09:29
Awaiting the next release with great anticipation. I loved the snes with an absolute passion, it was probably one of the greatest consoles of all time, cant wait to play harvest moon, or earthbound, and super fire pro x, keep up the great work

scrabbus
February 27th, 2008, 09:41
struggling with savestates every time i try to save it locks up and/ or crashes, using m3 perfect sd slot 2, any ideas anyone??

scrabbus
February 27th, 2008, 22:13
Oops, my fault, wrong version of the emulator!!! Have to say though, stellar work here.

saucyminx
February 28th, 2008, 03:37
of course SNEmulDS v0.6 is pure sex, however when i was playing through earthbound i accidentally initiated the jukebox tab on the touch screen. after redeeming a save state this seems to cause the game to freeze unless music is disabled which is a great shame.i think this happens with any game as i experienced a similar situation with shadowrun and zombies. is there a fix for this? using r4

scrabbus
February 28th, 2008, 22:29
same here. Every game I've tried has also caused this. However, I was a HUGE fan of dreamsnes and this is...better! The best thing is that this can only get better with every release, a lot of games dont work but lots of games do work very well and play very well, ahh its just like old times.

sallaboy
March 3rd, 2008, 20:16
When I start the emulator, on the black screen I get:

FS initiliazation ...

message and then the emulator stuck ...
am I the only one who gets it ?

I'm using:
SUPERCARD LITE rumble
firmware 1.83

please help !!!

DanTheManMS
March 4th, 2008, 04:49
Try upgrading to v1.84 which has automatic DLDI patching. Either that or patch it manually.

eggs
March 5th, 2008, 21:30
For some reason i can't get Super Mario Kart to work, anyone got any ideas ??

Thanks in advance eggs x

NINTENDUDECT
March 5th, 2008, 22:26
For some reason i can't get Super Mario Kart to work, anyone got any ideas ??

Thanks in advance eggs x

Super Mario Kart won't work because it uses a Co-Processor Chip, which SnemulDS doesn't emulate, unfortunately. This is the same reason Super Mario RPG doesn't work either.

eggs
March 6th, 2008, 09:20
Super Mario Kart won't work because it uses a Co-Processor Chip, which SnemulDS doesn't emulate, unfortunately. This is the same reason Super Mario RPG doesn't work either.

Thanks for letting me know, are there any other Emulators that supports a co-processor chip ?

Apologies if this has been asked before i used the search and can't find the answer.

Thanks again :)

dave auto
March 6th, 2008, 16:16
There are no emulators for DS or GBA that currently support the co-processor chips found in Mario Kart, Starfox, Mario RPG, Mega Man X2/X3, Star Ocean, Street Fighter Alpha 2, and the like, nor is it likely that there will ever be. Support for these chips are more typically found in emulators written for machines much more powerful than the DS (like your PC).

Not the answer you were hoping for, I'm sure :) I know great things have been done in the past (who would've thought you could emulate SNES on a GBA?) but it seems that these special chips are simply too much for the DS to handle.

eggs
March 6th, 2008, 17:03
There are no emulators for DS or GBA that currently support the co-processor chips found in Mario Kart, Starfox, Mario RPG, Mega Man X2/X3, Star Ocean, Street Fighter Alpha 2, and the like, nor is it likely that there will ever be. Support for these chips are more typically found in emulators written for machines much more powerful than the DS (like your PC).

Not the answer you were hoping for, I'm sure :) I know great things have been done in the past (who would've thought you could emulate SNES on a GBA?) but it seems that these special chips are simply too much for the DS to handle.

Cheers Dave,

Excellent answer. Not the one i was hoping for but thanks for explaining :)

Billgonzo
March 7th, 2008, 03:49
Hey. I have a R4 and have a problem running this. Eveything seems to be set up right. The config file is in the root. the ROMS are in SNES which is in the root and there are games in the SNES folder but when i run the program the "Load Rom" screen shows no roms. Can someone plz help :(

I fixed it!!!!!!!!!!! So what i did that fixed it was i added .smc at the end of the name of all my rom files. this then changed the file format to SMC instead of just FILE. I hope this helps people :D:D

dave auto
March 7th, 2008, 14:36
@Eggs: Glad to help.
Not sure if you knew this, but Mario Kart Super Circuit for GBA features every single track from Super Mario Kart as unlockable bonuses after you beat the main game. I know it kinda misses the point of just wanting to play the original (plus the convenience of having the original game on your flash card), but on the plus side, those original tracks are now in fullscreen (as opposed to Super Mario Kart's half-screen view), as well as...well, the fact that it's the only way to play what is essentially the same game on your DS.

A little OT, I know, but...is anyone up on the current state of SNES emulation on the PSP? Not too long after it launched, a friend showed me Mega Man X running on his PSP...skipping every 5th frame, choppy as hell. I'm sure it must have improved since then, but does anyone around here keep up on it? Anyone know if there're any emus for it that support these infamous co-processor chips? I'm so impressed with SNEmulDS (and jEnesis!) on DS that I'd be curious to know how PSP is shaping up these days.

DanTheManMS
March 8th, 2008, 22:04
The PSP ones are fairly mature, though of course with co-processor games you've still got some slowdown (though I made a speedhack that makes SMRPG run fairly well). There are so many versions out there however that I have no clue which version is best to use with which firmware, etc.

I'm sure if I had a PSP I'd be more up-to-date on which is the best to use.

sallaboy
March 9th, 2008, 12:53
Try upgrading to v1.84 which has automatic DLDI patching. Either that or patch it manually.

Hi, I've updated the firmware to 1.84. I copied the dldi.scp file to the root directory.
Tried to launch the emulator file again and got the same problem:

FS initiliazation ...

Any ideas ?

Sallaboy

dave auto
March 9th, 2008, 15:31
@DantheMan: Thanks for the info, Dan.

@Sallaboy: Sounds like the firmware's auto-DLDI patching isn't working for whatever reason. Have you tried patching it manually, as Dan suggested? For that you'll need a DLDI-patching program, as well as the appropriate patch for your device. I don't really know what's out there for Windows, but on my Mac I use a simple drag-n-drop program called DLDIDrop; it comes prebuilt with patches for nearly ever device out there, so I literally just drag-n-drop SNEmulDS onto it before placing it on my flash card. Good luck!

sallaboy
March 9th, 2008, 18:53
@dave auto: I'm patching with dlditool-win32, it is not my first time patching to my card.
However, I tried to run with the patch, without the patch I get the same black screen with:

FS initiliazation ...

Does someone have run the enulator on SUPERCARD LITE RUMBLE firmware 1.84 ?

Any ideas guys ???

Please advice,
Sallaboy

DanTheManMS
March 9th, 2008, 18:53
Try manually patching with Barni's Supercard Rumble DLDI file. A simple Google search for "barni dldi" should get you his blog page that has the download. Use the Win32 GUI to patch it, which is available from the DLDI Wiki.

sallaboy
March 9th, 2008, 19:37
@DanTheManMS: I've downloaded the driver from :
http://blog.dev-scene.com/barni/2007/08/28/7/
downloaded the wingui 32 dldi patcher from
http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?title=Win32_GUI
tried to patch and again the same issue ...

you said that there is an automatic dldi in 1.84. Maybe it can't read the patch I did ??? correct me if I'm wrong ...

Sallaboy

scrabbus
March 13th, 2008, 08:09
it has all gone a little bit quiet on the snes front of late...It may be just me, but is anyone else desperate for the new version?? I visit the forum every day but now there is a little more of an incentive!!

skizza83
March 13th, 2008, 20:07
nice one! well apreciated !!!!!

Ra3kw0n
May 9th, 2008, 22:28
Hello. I have an Acekard2 and having a VERY hard time running the emulator properly on this flashcart. I just wanted to know if anyone knows how to port this version of SNEmuIDS on the Acekard2?

Danief
May 10th, 2008, 04:59
Hello. I have an Acekard2 and having a VERY hard time running the emulator properly on this flashcart. I just wanted to know if anyone knows how to port this version of SNEmuIDS on the Acekard2?

you need to patch it. you can get the patch here (http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downloads/acek.dldi)

and the tool to patch it, is here (for windows) (http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downloads/dlditool-win32.zip) here for linux (http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downloads/dlditool-linux-x86.zip) and here for mac. (http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/downloads/dlditool-mac.zip)

good luck.

Danief
May 10th, 2008, 05:00
when can we expect the next version? is there any hope of emulating the super fx chip?

Ra3kw0n
May 10th, 2008, 17:30
Thanks for the help Danief, but I followed all the instructions and it said that the .nds file was patched successfully. But when I start it up on my flashkart it says

"FS Initialization"
"FS Failure... continue anyways"

or something like that, and I can't see the list of ROMs =[

I put the ROMs in both the root and /SNES directory but its not picking up either... ahhh I just want to play some oldschool SNES fighters =[

Danief
May 11th, 2008, 04:03
the name of the folder is "SNES" no slash. and all caps.

tony_vodka2
May 11th, 2008, 20:33
Sweet , anyone got a list of known working roms ?

Danief
May 12th, 2008, 02:09
Sweet , anyone got a list of known working roms ?

Here you are, good sir. (http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNEmulDS_Compatibility_List)

Ra3kw0n
May 12th, 2008, 19:41
I did. I wrote '/SNES' to indicate that the capitalized SNES folder is in the root of the microSD. I don't even think you can put slashes in folder names, lol.

Do you have an AceKard2 Danief? If you do, could you send me your .nds file and a few roms to try out on my own AK2?

tmntfreak7
May 22nd, 2008, 18:40
first day here, hello guys. Great site and emulator thanks so much. I'm currently running v .05 and I'm at work so I'm not able to update right now. For me earthbound runs great (adjust for boss battles) and for basically every game. I got Donkey Kong Country 1 to work great the only problem is when I try to "load state" it will freeze. The game runs fine when I'm playing it but if I ever try to load state it just freezes, I havn't had this problem with any other game. Please help me out. Thanks

Flamemonkey
May 27th, 2008, 22:31
Allright, this is a great program and all, and I love it to pieces, but it's not doing the most important thing I want it too! Play Fire Emblem! Specifically Fire Emblem 5: Thracia 776.
This of course is making me sad. I believe the problem may be that it is an H-Rom or whatever, but I can't be sure, so...

Also, I'm using the R4, DS Lite, and the 3 in 1 EZ flash thingy for extra RAM.

Also, when playing FE4, it's nearly impossible to get the layer orders right to display the different things right. Does anyone have a good set up for that game?

gantzsurvivor1
June 5th, 2008, 12:18
ok i have a m3 ds real. is this compatible if so how can i get it to work?
i can get the NES and SEGA emus to work but i do the same thing with
the SNES and it doesnt show any roms on the screen. help?

crookedmouth
June 5th, 2008, 20:58
You put the roms in a folder named SNES, in the root of your card?

I think the snemul.cfg file needs to be in there to or maybe in the root of your card.

Also in the snemul.cfg, you can change the default rom folder to be anywhere.

Sir_Voe
June 18th, 2008, 18:07
Great news from Archeide...

"No SNEmul is not dead, it’s simply sleeping. I Hope I will have more time later to fix bugs and add improvements to the emulator, but it’s not really possible for the moment.

Due to a change in the MySql from my provider, Wordexpress was not working correctly since some months. I was hoping that the bug will get fix itself but it seems I needed to upgrade Wordexpres. Anyway it seems ok now…"

Source: http://www.snemul.com/ds/

chaoschaox
July 16th, 2008, 20:19
yup mine works
but u have to get chishms dldi patch for games n music to work!
also have to download the patcher dldi win32gui is the name!

chaoschaox
July 16th, 2008, 20:20
heheh hope it helps

boogereater87
August 18th, 2008, 19:57
does it work with gnm

DanTheManMS
August 19th, 2008, 21:10
does it work with gnm

http://www.google.com/search?q=snemulds%20games%20n%20music

phiitboi
August 21st, 2008, 13:58
pleace make killer instinct work on this emulator.

who agrees with me ? :)

( it works but so much graphic issues )

Siryu45
August 23rd, 2008, 09:10
YEAH!!!!! good stuff

db73
October 11th, 2008, 20:08
Anyone got 'Super off road' working with this? I've tried several .smc ROMs but all I get is a white screen when trying to launch.

Ynoth
December 26th, 2008, 17:54
I know it sounds foulish but i have an acekard and my question is, WHAT IS THE ROOT OF THE MEMORY CARD?
is it the _ak2 folder or what?

crookedmouth
December 28th, 2008, 01:39
Anyone got 'Super off road' working with this? I've tried several .smc ROMs but all I get is a white screen when trying to launch.

I couldn't get Super Off Road working either. Your best bet is the Genesis version in jenesisDS.

ImBurningStarIV
December 28th, 2008, 19:09
I know it sounds foulish but i have an acekard and my question is, WHAT IS THE ROOT OF THE MEMORY CARD?
is it the _ak2 folder or what?

The root is the highest 'level' you can get, i.e. a file in the root wouldn't be in any folders at all.

hhrs
January 16th, 2009, 17:39
Hola a todos.
Para que funcione este emulador y que encuentre las roms, se deberá crear un directorio en raíz de nuestra microSD y colocar ahí las roms, como sigue:

X:\SNES

Donde X es la letra de la microSD

luminouslight
January 19th, 2009, 14:56
Hola a todos.
Para que funcione este emulador y que encuentre las roms, se deberá crear un directorio en raíz de nuestra microSD y colocar ahí las roms, como sigue:

X:\SNES

Donde X es la letra de la microSD
X es la raíz del microSD.

Matt_Porter
January 26th, 2009, 01:30
Hey guys, I'm running an R4 with the newest firmware 1.84 I believe, and I'm looking to run some homebrew games. I have lunar magic which is used to edit super mario world (as many of you already know) and it uses large Roms, to big for this emulator to run so it seems. I get "large rom detected" and a white screen. The Lunar magic roms are required to be expanded to 6MB or so, and apparently this is too much on the emulator. I read through the 11 pages prior (yes all of it before asking stupid questions) and it seems I need to get myself a slot 2 card to increase the RAM used by the emulator. Can anyone tell me which would work, or what to look for? Also if one isn't needed to play lunar magic expanded roms, what do I need to do in the emulator to get them to work. (I can edit the .cfg file if needed, just instruct me on what needs to be done). I really appreciate the help, I'd love to be running some self made lunar magic roms and host them on my website with instructions on how to get them up and running.

crookedmouth
January 26th, 2009, 02:04
Hey guys, I'm running an R4 with the newest firmware 1.84 I believe, and I'm looking to run some homebrew games. I have lunar magic which is used to edit super mario world (as many of you already know) and it uses large Roms, to big for this emulator to run so it seems. I get "large rom detected" and a white screen. The Lunar magic roms are required to be expanded to 6MB or so, and apparently this is too much on the emulator. I read through the 11 pages prior (yes all of it before asking stupid questions) and it seems I need to get myself a slot 2 card to increase the RAM used by the emulator. Can anyone tell me which would work, or what to look for? Also if one isn't needed to play lunar magic expanded roms, what do I need to do in the emulator to get them to work. (I can edit the .cfg file if needed, just instruct me on what needs to be done). I really appreciate the help, I'd love to be running some self made lunar magic roms and host them on my website with instructions on how to get them up and running.

I think the consensus is that the EZFLASH V 3-1 expansion pack is the best for price. I saw it for $19 at dealextreme. Works for GBA games and expansion ram, but heard the "rumble" part is not good.

I've also heard that SNEmuldS and SNESDS both seem to have trouble with "Rom Hacks", so they may have trouble with Lunar Magic made levels even beyond their size. Perhaps someone who is using a Ram Expansion pack could check it for you if you sent them a custom level.

Matt_Porter
January 26th, 2009, 02:15
There is a more professional hack that was made by the lunar magic creators named "Super Demo World, the Legend Continues", it can be achieved rather easily by googling it. If someone with a slot 2 expansion can get that working, anything I ever make with it will work. Aside from my issue, if you've never heard of the rom and liked super mario world, definitely give it a play, it's amazing. It's basically super mario world, a few new features and made 2-3x harder easily for players who thought the original was great but a bit too easy. It's a perfect remake :)

Anyway, if anyone can get that rom working on there DS with an R4 or anything else that would be awesome, let me know how you do it if you can. Also thanks on the info on the EZ flash, I've read about it and it's probably what I'll grab, if this works.

DanTheManMS
January 28th, 2009, 01:50
Game hacks tend to not work well with the SNES emulators for the DS. I've heard the NoSound version of SnezziDS runs Super Demo World, but you'll need a slot-2 device with GBA compatibility to get it to work (the 3in1 should work for this).

Evan123456789
February 23rd, 2009, 06:20
very nice job

BlizzardLynn
April 3rd, 2009, 19:12
i cant get it to load my roms, what might be the problem?

DanTheManMS
April 3rd, 2009, 20:11
Without any details on your situation there is no way for us to troubleshoot what your problem might be.

Master-King
May 5th, 2009, 21:07
how can i put games on my dsi like this emu ? im new to the dsi and i dont know anything thanks if someone helps me

Master-King
May 5th, 2009, 21:09
luminouslight

tu sabes como uso esos emuladores para usarlos en el DSi

es que lo compre no hace mucho y quisiera saber gracias

jaggedjustin
June 15th, 2009, 20:58
Hey, I have a problem with the touchscreeen when i run my snemulds 0.6a version.

I can boot and run most roms (that are compatible) flawlessly, however when i try to access the interface (save states, options etc on the bottom screen i get no response at all)

I have tried to download different versions and patches (while cleaning out the others) and still no response from the bottom screen when playing roms.

If anyone has any ideas could you please help me out, thanks.

ablauser1
December 11th, 2009, 15:31
I tried this today on DSTT running firmware TTMenu_V1.17a07. I tried Super Mario World and Super Metroid and both seem to run at full speed. Thanks for a GREAT EMULATOR! :D

Don Gonzales
February 19th, 2010, 03:39
link won't work fo me...

rick-2288
April 23rd, 2010, 15:36
You can open the readme file by adding the extention .txt after it.

Also, you can edit the CFG file with something like Geany or Notepad.

siulmagic
January 9th, 2012, 18:54
awesome release