PDA

View Full Version : ZXDS v0.6.0 beta 1

wraggster
October 10th, 2007, 23:17
Patrik Rak (http://zxds.raxoft.cz/) has released a new version of his Sinclair ZX Spectrum Emulator for Nintendo DS, heres some info:

There are two versions, ZXDS.nds for Slot-1 (DS slot) based cards, and ZXDS.ds.gba for Slot-2 (GBA slot) based cards. Just choose the one which suits your card best.

The provided executable was already patched with the r4tf.dldi DLDI driver, so it works fine on both my M3 DS Simply and M3 Mini SD Perfect. Of course, it should work fine on any other card which supports DLDI as well. Just give it a try and you will see. If it won't work for you right away, you might need to patch it with a specific DLDI driver for your card with a DLDI patcher, both of which you can find here. It might be wise to patch it in either case, just to make sure you have the most recent version of the DLDI driver for your card. If it still doesn't work, I am really sorry, but there is not much I can do about it. Please do NOT contact me regarding if it works or doesn't work on your card, at least at this point of time.

You should also copy some snapshots or tape files to your card. Either SNA/Z80 snapshots or TAP/TZX/PZX tape files are supported. You can place them anywhere you want, although the /ZXDS directory is looked up first by default. For your convenience, I have included few Spectrum games in SNA or TAP format, so you can at least give it a go.

+ Full memory and IO contention emulation.
+ Proper floating bus emulation.
+ T-state accurate screen sampling.
= About everything should now work like on real machines, including multicolor effects.
+ Accurate speaker synthesis instead of discrete sampling.
+ Screen is now triple buffered and the LCD refresh rate is synced to 50Hz. This results in extremely smooth and tearing-free display.
* Fixed opening of files from directories of varying depth. It sometimes failed before due broken chdir(), so full names are used now instead.
* Few subtle fixes regarding snapshots (#7FFD, IFF2, T counter, tape eject).
- Dropped the .ds.gba version, as people need to DLDI patch it themselves *before* the loader is appended anyway.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

crookedmouth
October 11th, 2007, 02:50
I can't wait to check this out. What an incredible amount of updates!

paul3100
October 11th, 2007, 06:29
Thanks for this, love the speccy and the more updates the better :-)

paul