PDA

View Full Version : Nes, Snes, or N64 emulators for unmodded psp 3.71?

odnam92
October 11th, 2007, 03:30
I'm trying to find some emulators that will work on my unmodded psp firmware 3.71, but I cant seem to find any if anyone knows of an emulator out there that will work for it please let me know. Or if there is no such thing is there any way to get one working on a not so late unmodded firmware like 3.30 or something like that.

odnam92
October 11th, 2007, 03:54
I've tried a nesterj nes emulator 1.11 rm and looks like it will work but it just goes and says
The game could not be started.(80020148)
Is there anything I need to do to make it work because I just downloaded it and put it on the GAME file

steve520
October 11th, 2007, 04:12
dude its impossible unless you have a custom firmware or a hackable psp.

steveyh13
October 11th, 2007, 14:49
you need to downgrade to 1.5 to put some custom firmware on there .. otherwise nothing you ever put on it that you downloaded will run

odnam92
October 13th, 2007, 06:42
I really don't want to downgrade and then put in a homebrew because I'm worried that I won't be able to play some games that require further updates such as GTA Vice city stories, but I will if there is a homebrew out there that will allow me to do almost everything that my current firmware has( browser, music, videos, pics, and play current games) and the ability to run emulators. If there is such thing please let me know and if possible a link

Axelius
October 13th, 2007, 07:32
yes, there is such a thing: It's called custom firmware. It allows you to use your psp just as normal, but with the ability of running homebrew.

steveyh13
October 13th, 2007, 12:52
yeah as Axelius said custom firmware allows you do all the things of normal firmware, with the exception that it runs homebrew too :D

current latest custom firmware is 3.71 m33-2 from dark alex, and you still need to downgrade to 1.5 in order to install it (but i think you need to put 3.52 m33-2 or 3 on there first or something before then going to 3.71)

-Xandu-
October 13th, 2007, 13:04
You can UPGRADE to 1.50 using Pandora Battery and then install custom firmware 3.71 M33 with the 1.50 kernel addon to run homebrew, and still run UMD games that require higher firmware.

Knups
October 17th, 2007, 07:51
Straight homebrew is impossible on any fw past 1.5. So your only real choices are to upgrade to 1.5 or to a custom "DAX" (DAX="Dark AleX", it will be well for you to learn that name) firmware. The only way to do either of these nowadays is with "Pandora" which will take you back to either a Pandora 1.5 or full 1.5 firmware. But you'll need to have a friend with cfw help you make it.

If you use DAX's custom Pandora's MS "despertar_cementerio3" it will install "3.71m33-2" without any extra steps. Be sure to install the "1.50 kernal upgrade v2" for 3.71m33-2 and the "3.71m33-2 USB fix" first thing. When all this is done you will be able to do.... well everything and anything you want.

Be sure to do a search on DCEmu for everything on quotes and read all the theads you can before starting as you have much learning to do to avoid bricking your PSP, though once you're finished reading there should be no chance of you bricking it, ever....