PDA

View Full Version : Backlight problem

jigotai
October 11th, 2007, 14:21
Can anyone help me, my sons screen on his psp has gone very dark, has the backlight packed up or has he altered something to cause this?

Napalm-Death
October 11th, 2007, 14:33
Have you tried pressing the screen button to brighten it back up? In case you haven't, it's next to the note button.

jigotai
October 11th, 2007, 14:53
Thanks for a quick reply. My son has tried that with no luck.

sourced
October 11th, 2007, 16:20
okay..umm, sounds to me like its either bricked, or you should just hold down the backlight button till sumthin appears.

if its bricked, you'll need a pandora battery. do the orange lights for the memstick slot still light up? or when you turn on your psp is just complete darkness?

also, try turning on the psp with the WIFI switch UP, if it doesnt work, try turning on the psp with the WIFI switch DOWN( the WIFI switch is the switch found on the left side of your psp when you are facing it,)

Napalm-Death
October 11th, 2007, 16:55
Good luck, if you still have it under the warranty, I'd suggest taking advantage of that if you can't figure out what's wrong with it.

The EX
October 11th, 2007, 16:59
He said the backlight wouldn't work, not that the PSP wouldn't turn on, etc.
If I am correct, and your sons PSP works fine except for the obvious fault, then:

- Has your son done any flash modifications to his PSP?

jigotai
October 11th, 2007, 17:25
He said the backlight wouldn't work, not that the PSP wouldn't turn on, etc.
If I am correct, and your sons PSP works fine except for the obvious fault, then:

- Has your son done any flash modifications to his PSP?

It's funny you should mention that because he was talking about flash players around the time it packed up.

sourced
October 12th, 2007, 01:01
no, not flash players. flash modifications mean any custom themes or prx files on his psp.