PDA

View Full Version : Learning how to port PC games to NDS

ChaoticOblivion
October 11th, 2007, 15:02
Hey everyone I wanted to ask what are the procedures or what do i need to make my own port also I don't know C++ but im ok with VB(Visual Basic) which i used in college so what my question is what do i need to do to be able to make a port.

P.S: Please don't just you need a source code thats no porblem i just need some help or maybe links would do fine thx.:thumbup: :)

-Xandu-
October 11th, 2007, 15:14
You can't port VB applications to the NDS, just C/C++ ones. Or you'll just have to rewrite them.

ChaoticOblivion
October 11th, 2007, 15:47
You can't port VB applications to the NDS, just C/C++ ones. Or you'll just have to rewrite them.

I don't mind im on my way with C Programming language my bad i didn't mean i wanted to write it in VB it was just and addon what i wanna know its how do i do it using C language and im using the devkite pro package and the libnds library do i need anything else?:)

acn010
October 11th, 2007, 19:02
llu funy.
lol C++ is better and dont expect much on ds since you have to buy many stuff for it

wiggy fuzz
October 15th, 2007, 08:05
but just in case you ever do get round to porting this i'd suggest trying an old game, i used to play "operation inner space", a game which uses your icons as tokens and you fly around in a space craft collecting them or removing viruses form them while running away from bounty hunetrs and stuff - you have to play it to et why i thought it was the best game ever

Pilot_51
October 17th, 2007, 00:29
That reminds me of an independently developed FPS on PC that turned files and folders into rooms and objects that were sized depending on the size of the file/folder. It also used icons and could be used to manage files, such as a fun way to clean up old files. Unfortunately I forgot the name of it.

morpheux
April 26th, 2008, 22:48
Can someone port DosBox to the DS?
The source code is public.
Please help!

JKKDARK
April 26th, 2008, 23:11
Can someone port DosBox to the DS?
The source code is public.
Please help!

There's a DOS emulator called DS-DOS

NekoGráfico
April 27th, 2008, 01:19
DS-DOS isn't an emulator like DOSBox.

DS-DOS is an MS-DOS type clone, featuring a command line interface.

It's simply a file browser that looks and feels like DOS.
Unless I'm wrong...

JKKDARK
April 27th, 2008, 14:28
Oh I see, sorry :o

DanTheManMS
April 30th, 2008, 01:13
GPF did make a proof-of-concept port of DOSbox to the DS, which was way too slow to be usable. Sorry.

morpheux
May 1st, 2008, 13:24
GPF did make a proof-of-concept port of DOSbox to the DS, which was way too slow to be usable. Sorry.
But Can I try it? I can wait hours to load :D And if it will too slow to me I will delete it.

DanTheManMS
May 1st, 2008, 21:51
Go to the GBAdev forums and search in the DS Misc section for a topic called "DOSbox?" to find it.

morpheux
June 3rd, 2008, 21:42
Thank you!