PDA

View Full Version : DS homebrew Advice

mastersho
October 14th, 2007, 03:42
I've been into PSP Homebrew for a while but now I've been looking into the DS homebrew. First I want to know I need from DS homebrew and what are the best products to buy. I have a Phat DS by the by so any comments you can give to push me in the right direction into DS homebrew. Thanks in advance:thumbup:

sourced
October 14th, 2007, 03:58
first off. why in the off topic forum? maybe you shouldve posted this in the DS forums?..

and im a newb to ds homebrew, but i think youll need some sort of special cartridge with a slot for a micro sd card.

mastersho
October 14th, 2007, 04:56
I put it in the off topic cause there is a DS homebrew guild here but its a bit old so I made this so i find out whats the best stuff I shoud by.

kcajblue
October 14th, 2007, 06:26
what are you looking into a slot 1 or slot 2 device?

cal360
October 14th, 2007, 09:53
Right now I'm using an M3 simply and it works fine and all you need to do is drag and drop games into it and it works. You can either buy it as a package with a micro SD or buy one separatly. The only thing I can say is buy yourself a card reader as the one that comes with it is usually faulty and corrupts your card.

beetroot bertie
October 14th, 2007, 12:09
I have the R4 Revolution cart which is just like the M3 cal360 mentions above. It's dead easy to use. As mentioned, juts drag and drop the homebrew files to the microSD card, slot than into the R4 cart and you're pretty much ready.

It comes with a CD with moonshell on it so you can open files and play mp3 tracks.

It works fine on macs too and Kernel updates are quite frequently released.

mastersho
October 14th, 2007, 18:34
Cool I think I got enough info to get started buying stuff. Thanks for all the info guys. Can't wait for some DS homebrew.

paul3100
October 14th, 2007, 22:19
Well i would either go R4 or supercard which are both slot 1 (ds game slot) and probably also get a slot 2 card such as the supercard lite (skot 2/gba).

Why buy 2 cards? for gameboy advance which you only get off slot 2 + the extra memory of slot 2 which is used in a lot of newer homebrew and opera web browser.

As for the slot one i have the R4 but if you want more than 2 gigs of memory then its got to be the NEW SCS1 (supercard slot 1) which came out a week or so ago and can support upto 32Gigs, where as all other can only support a max of 2 gigs!

The R4 and supercard's are great for homebrew as they are very well supported and come with good web sites and forums.

paul