PDA

View Full Version : Working Vectorman...

o2byzst
July 9th, 2005, 23:57
I've been using the DGen v .60 for the PSP and all the games play fine, with the exception of Soinc (the series) and Vectorman. When Vectorman loads, you see the Sega symbol with him on it. Then you see the blue skies logo, then you see a black screen with a thin vertical white (sometimes blue) bar. I've got 6 different Vectorman roms NONE of which work. Some of them end with the .bin or .smd but again - NONE work!

Anyone got ideas? Should I try another Genesis Emulator? All the other games work fine but Vectorman and Sonic...so I'm a little worried about changing emulators and screwing all that up.

Help please...

Cross
July 10th, 2005, 06:39
You should try PSP Genesis. While DGen has made good progress it still lacks the region selector (Which makes some games unplayable) and its sound is just not on par with PSP Gen.

Its a greatEMU and I am sure it will continue to improve, probably beyond PSP Gen since a certian kill joy stopped updates on it for the community for some time... but its stillmy EMU of choice and many others for the Gen side. I am awaiting DGen's next release however.

o2byzst
July 10th, 2005, 06:40
Has anyone had luck with a Vectorman rom with any of the Genesis emulators for the PSP?

Cross
July 10th, 2005, 06:48
I have never heard of it so no luck on my end sorry

o2byzst
July 10th, 2005, 07:21
Actually Cross, you have heard of it now cause with your help I did it. I took your advice and used the newest version of PSP Genesis (v.13) and one of the Vectorman roms I have - and boom! Vectorman lives again! All you really had to do was make sure the system was overclocked to 333mhz and it runs great! No slowdown, no freezes, nothing...so far anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion and pass the word along...there has to be other gamers out there who want to play Vectorman on their PSP.

Cross
July 10th, 2005, 14:29
No problem, I am glad you got your game working ^-^