PDA

View Full Version : PSP Messing With Me NEED HELP PLEASE!! And Thanks In Advance...

ShadowTactics
October 16th, 2007, 03:05
Recently i attempted to update my psp from 3.30 (oe-a i think) to 3.52 m33 the first version. I used some program called psp upgrader/downgrader and followed some video on the you tube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=kBs8-fQJwtw&mode=related&search=)
This worked and got me to the firmware. Then i ran juiced 2 (off memory card) and it worked. When i quit and tried to load it again everything messesd up. I couldn't run games off umd or memory stick. When i tried recovery it would just reset my settings and kept deleting my background. Then i tried to downgrade and upgrade again. Same problem. I figured going back to 3.30 would work because it never caused problems before. I downgraded to 1.5 and my psp (bought in canada at eb) said corrupt system files and became japanese. I figured no biggie and went to 3.30, reset it to be canadian version. Then same problems with recovery menu and games. Then the config menu in recovery started to freeze the psp. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. I have never had problems like this before so i'm worried.

mike_jmg
October 17th, 2007, 05:13
did you fixed the japanese region, by changing the settings?

if you did it like this, try formating flash1, and it will stop getting japanese when you put the default settings.

Also, restore default settings afterwards, as this sometimes solves some strange problems like yours

dette
October 17th, 2007, 07:21
if you format flash1 MAKE SURE YOU DO A NAND DUMP FIRST!
before you start messing with flash especially if you havent before then make a nand dump... just in case something go wrongs..
you need a pandora's battery for this

ShadowTactics
October 18th, 2007, 00:40
Before you replied i went back to 1.5 and then 3.30 again. Now the only problem i seem to have is that the recovery config menu where you set umd on or off and where you change the region does not work, it just hangs. Also what is a NAND DUMP? If you are suggesting that i go to flash 0 and copy everything there i have already backed that up. but other then that im not sure.
two more questions
1. What is the difference between flash 0 and flash 1?
2. Someone mentioned that going back and forth through firmwares is hard on the flash and may potentially damage it. Is this true?

Thanks again...

dette
October 18th, 2007, 01:07
im not sure about question 2... i hope not but i dont think it is true
and no you dont manually copy you need a pandora's battery or some other tool to dump it onto your memory stick then you take the .bin dump file and put it on your computer

ShadowTactics
October 18th, 2007, 01:25
Ya, i've heard about those pandora battery things before.
I'm going to try replacing the recovery because i think it is the only thing malfunctioning.