PDA

View Full Version : Pvnc 1.1

MSX
July 11th, 2005, 07:47
Hey everyone,

PortableVNC 1.1 was released earlier today.

Here are the changes:

+ New encodings! Raw, Ultra, Solid, RRE, CoRRE now supported
+ New graphics! Including Pochi Icon (remixed)
+ WiFi connection list
+ AutoScroll
+ Extended GameMode
+ Faster graphics
+ More server compatibility (TightVNC 1.2.9 fastest tested)

Tested servers:
TightVNC 1.2.9 = very fast
UltraVNC = Not working (probably the new ultra encodings not quite right)
WNC = Not working (uses modified rfb protocol)
x11vnc = Works, but is slow.

Download here: http://www.xboxopensource.com/psp/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1

Enjoy!

PSP_Newbie
July 11th, 2005, 11:47
hmm...im a little confused as to how the PVNC and such apps work...
correct me plz if im wrong, but from what i can tell, u use PVNC, and when running certain internet-related apps such as web browsers, msn, etc on your PC specially made for psp use, u can run them through the psp, but are still dependant on the pc?
or not, either way im confused as to how to work it, if anyone understand this, can you explain it plz?

RedKing14CA
July 12th, 2005, 09:22
what the hell is pvnc?

edit- ok, i know someone that has a linksys and such, :o so can someone explain this to me, i'd like to do this!!!

PSP_Newbie
July 12th, 2005, 09:25
wait, nvm, got it working! woot, typing this on psp^^
turns out i was just using my router ip instead of the comp ip, thnx anyways, got it!

Drift
July 12th, 2005, 12:41
This new version is great. I have some weird issue that mouse clicks only seem to properly register when I move the cursor after clicking something, but otherwise it's all good.

Psilocybeing
July 12th, 2005, 15:47
Great work, this version works alot better than the first. Full mouse and keyboard support on my PSP using TightVNC. The source has proved to be very helpfull in aiding me to create my own wireless apps :)