PDA

View Full Version : 3.71m33-2 oddities- any advice would be helpful

Azuran
October 17th, 2007, 10:30
Ok, for Starters, My roomie has an original Fat PSP, and I have a Slim PSP, and together we also use a location free player. To get both of these to 3.71 M33-2, we used Dark Alex's Cemetary Stick V3. Now that that is out of the way, here are my questions.

Fat PSP: WILL play homebrew made for 2.x firmwares, however no longer plays homebrews meant for 1.50, even with it enabled in recovery to do so. Tried both Kernels, and every GAME folder each time any thoughts on that? Also, when I upgraded to 3.52 OE on this PSP, I flashed back in Location free support. When I hit 3.71 M33-2, I still had it on there, Any ideas on that scenario either? Because from my understanding, 3.71 should have removed it... Not complaining, I just find it odd.

Slim PSP: For some reason, it had the network connections from the Fat PSP on it, including the PS3, which I had never hooked up this PSP. It also had the location free player still flashed onto it. Again, info would be appreciated.

And a quick side question, what are these 'keys' I keep hearing about? I see everyone freaking out about them, and am wondering if those might have anyhting to do with the "Cannot play 1.5 Homebrew" issue I am having. Thanks for any help in advance.

Saracchini
October 18th, 2007, 02:54
For the 1.50 homebrew issue... you need install the 1.50 v2 add-on because the 3.71 M33 doesnt come anymore with the 1.50 kernel. Itīs written in the Readme.

I canīt answer the Location Free Player qustion because i never used it...

And... i have a question too, my PSP is an Japanese PSP.. the Portable TV icon disapeared from the Network menu... why ?

Azuran
October 18th, 2007, 05:47
As for YOUR issue, I think it's because to save space, and that's their version of location free, perhaps, and maybe even DAX only concentrated on the american coding (which would support why korean font is also removed)

Edit: Also, I assumed m33-2 came with 1.5 Kernel support, but I'll give it a whirl.