PDA

View Full Version : DScratch 17/10/2007

wraggster
October 17th, 2007, 22:34
News/release from Gorgull (http://gorgull.googlepages.com/home2)

DScratch is the first module made using Protein engine - it's a little audio manipulation software running on DS which ables you to play with an existing .wav file or recorded audio sample; you can pitch it, scratch it, rewind, mute and apply effects on it. Moreover, DScratch sends MIDI through wifi connection, which ables you to control external applications, like a VJing software as I do.

FEATURES:

load .wav file or live-recorded audio
scratch
pitch control
FX "Retrig"
FX "DownSampling"
Midi OUT (wireless)
stylus control
NDSMotion control
DEMO:

Here's a little demo video I made using the default 5sec sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6D1M_URBow

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

ClamJuice
October 18th, 2007, 05:57
That's pretty nifty. What other modules are you working on? Looks like you could make the DS into a compact portable mixer.

Category
October 18th, 2007, 15:29
At long last! Saw this on youtube ages ago, wondering how long it would be till i could have a play! Good time for a release!

*BUT IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE*

This file seems nerfed to me - It has "cannot find specified file" error whenever i try to extract the protein folder from the zip. Anybody else having this trouble?

I wanna scratch!

robman84
October 18th, 2007, 18:30
Holy cr*p! Installing as we speak. My dreams are coming true! I had a vision of a virtual turntable on the DS but as I have all the programming talent of a one-legged geriatric moose I have had to wait all this time.

Top stuff Mr Programmer.

stevo11185
October 19th, 2007, 00:02
This dont work on R4 :'(

acidfingers
October 19th, 2007, 02:53
This worked for me just fine on an R4.

Very nice app idea, I look forward to updates :D

Do you plan on adding support for MP3 playback and manipulation?

xxademasoulxx
October 19th, 2007, 05:20
i have an r4 and i dldi patched it then i dident when it loads it says somthing fails and it just locks up:mad: what up with that shizzle mo fo hizzle

madwurmz.com
October 20th, 2007, 14:04
Looks great!!
autopatched with m3ds Simply
but the sound is very weak, as if one of the effects are enabled, I mean, quality compaired to the youtube clip is very poor, what can this be?
Anyway very cool interface use and a very portential piece of stuff!

Sigma83
October 20th, 2007, 23:40
This is awesome! Whatta great idea and the DS is perfect for it. Really hope to see this continued, keep it up!

BirdFLU
October 21st, 2007, 23:15
Works great on a DS-X!!