PDA

View Full Version : Mario Might Save Christmas?

wraggster
October 17th, 2007, 22:02
Last week there was a Nintendo media event giving the gaming press preview experiences for the Christmas season's games. 1up has a look at all the titles on offer, but the one that (understandably) got the most attention was Mario Galaxy for the Wii. Wired's Chris Kohler thinks Mario's bee suit might save Christmas, while MTV's Stephen Totilo has comments from an hour hands-on with the game ala Games For Lunch. From Totilo's comments:
"Each planetoid presents a challenge -- squash things, collect things -- that rewards players with the creation of a new launch star. I've launched Mario to a sphere that looks like it's made of wood. A star guy of some sort is in a glass jar. I need to kill all the Goombas to free it. I can jump on their heads, but I can also do the spin move, which knocks them dizzy and sends them spinning themselves. If Mario runs into them while they spin, they die."

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/16/1918211

Basil Zero
October 18th, 2007, 05:40
Mario better save christmas.

I mean its obvious, Nintendo purposely delayed SSBB, due to the fact that both SMG and SSBB release dates were so close to each other, they wanted a strong spring lineup, so they delayed SSBB.

Plus due to Halo 3's success this year, they would want SSBB to be dominant in sales in 2008.

But regardless, I'll be getting a Wii next month, Mario Galaxy is on my #1 list, hopefully it'll save everyone's christmas wish XD

Baboon
October 18th, 2007, 08:44
Mario will defo rule this xmas! :)

wiggy fuzz
October 18th, 2007, 13:30
mario will save christmas from the grinch (master chief)

well, they're both green, arn't they?

alienanthropologist
October 18th, 2007, 20:24
We've all been waiting for good games to get the dust of our Wiis, and this is it: It's an excellent game, It's a game for everyone, It's Nintendo's most famous character and It's Nintendo's most defining and timeless franchise, and it will be released just for Christmas at a time when the Nintendo Wii has become the console with the largest installed base in the world.

Something tells me Nintendo is really going to give this release a huge marketing push.

Mario Galaxy is going to take the world by storm!