PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed PSP Slim Owner

punkrockrocks
October 18th, 2007, 03:23
Hey,
I just got my PSP Slim a few days ago. I'm having a total blast with it. I got the Daxter pack and personally think it kicks total ass.

Now, the disappointment part:
I chose a PSP over a DS because I heard the homebrew was much better. I have always been a fan of emulation. I have been using SNES emulators and MAME for quite a while now. I was going to buy a psp 5 months ago or so, but I heard a new PSP lite/slim was coming out so I waited. Now, I'm stuck with what appears to be the inability to use CFW.

I don't have a psp fat or any access to one.

I was checking out eBay and people are charging shit like $80.00 for a Pandora Battery and memory stick...
At this moment I'm not going to do anything crazy because I don't have much spare cash and don't feel like getting scammed by anyone.

Does anyone from this forum live in the Reno, Nevada area who has a Pandora Battery that could help me out? I'd be willing to stop by and maybe even pay you like $5 or something :p
I actually live in the Lake Tahoe area (Incline Village) but I drive down to Reno often and would be able to stop by.
Help is appreciated!

pibs
October 18th, 2007, 03:41
u could buy the datel battery its cheaper than a pandoras off ebay.

ExcruciationX
October 18th, 2007, 11:50
You can buy the "TOOL" battery and use a pack called "Pandora's Box" by DudeWarez that creates the memory stick (if you've got a spare).

punkrockrocks
October 19th, 2007, 00:13
Ah. Thanks! I checked out the Datel TOOL battery and it looks like all I need. But still, I might wait before paying $30.00 just to enable homebrew :(.
EDIT:
If I buy the Datel TOOL battery, I still need to get the CFW... Can I just put the 3.71M33 or whatever on to my memory stick pro duo through my psp slim, and then put in the TOOL battery to install the CFW?

Lodis
October 19th, 2007, 00:15
Although I don't recommend it, you also have the option of Hard Modding a standard Psp battery to turn it into a Pandora one.

lazuli
October 19th, 2007, 16:34
at least you don't have to pay for an r4 or slot1 flashcart for the DS, it's much more expensive. Keep looking here and in other forums i'm sure you'll find some kind soul.

acn010
October 19th, 2007, 16:40
lol....
hope for the best man... and good luck hacking X3

punkrockrocks
October 20th, 2007, 04:27
heh, BAD news!

I decided to hard mod by PSP Slim battery to turn it into a Pandora. I had planned to install the CFW and then solder it back into a regular one. Well, I didn't have any mini flat head screwdrivers around, so I used a knife to pry open the battery case.

Anyway, After prying one side up, I stuck the knife into the other side to pry it up, and my battery "exploded".

That's right, there was a loud pop followed by tons of smoke pouring out of the battery. I took the thing into my garage and set it on the pavement (it was burning hot).
Now I have to go buy a new ****in' battery :p
That's what I get for rushing into this thing haha. Now I am stuck with a stationery PSP that has to be plugged in until I grab a new battery.

Just a warning to people looking to pandora-ize their slim PSP batteries!

I'm gonna try and send it in to customer support saying that I dropped it to see if I can snag a new one.

pibs
October 20th, 2007, 06:43
DUDE! ur not suppose to convert the psp slim batteries into pandoras.... a lil too late now. but yea buy a "Tool" battery seems like an only alternative.

shindig88
October 20th, 2007, 23:37
? why can't you convert psp slim batteries into pandoras?

DPyro
October 20th, 2007, 23:54
You need an original PSP battery if you want to use Pandora...

mike_jmg
October 23rd, 2007, 18:00
You need an original PSP battery if you want to use Pandora...

They were talking about the new hardware mod you can do, there is a slim battery manual too

mike_jmg
October 23rd, 2007, 18:02
http://www.psp-hacks.com/images/battery_slim_pandoraize.jpg

acn010
October 23rd, 2007, 19:02
lmao!!! an automated self destruct slim battery..... SWEET. . . X3

ExcruciationX
October 23rd, 2007, 21:51
lmao!!! an automated self destruct slim battery..... SWEET. . . X3
I want one.

Pull pin. Throw.

dette
October 24th, 2007, 09:38
BANG! and you dont have a battery lol
i dont even have a slim battery i use the phat battery for my slim

eminded
October 27th, 2007, 03:27
well im sry to hear bout taht i jsut recly put 371 m33-2 on a pspslim and i use it in my car for gps and music at teh same time.. works lieka charm.. i use it for emus to but its only good for road.. i use xbox to emulate games cuz its a bigger screen,.