PDA

View Full Version : snes9x emus on psp custom firmware 3.71 m33-2

graydon
October 18th, 2007, 09:43
I'm having trouble getting my psp to run snes9x emulators, i've read up and followed procedures to set up an emulator properly unless im missing something..anyways when i start up the psp i go to the recovery console switch the kernel to 3.73 with the emulator folders in the PSP\GAME150\ folder and then try to run the emulators. 2 of them (snes9x for PSP Ver.0.01 and uo_Snes9x for PSP 0.02y32) just make the screen go black, and the other one (Snes9xTYL v0.3me) just says "The game could not be started. (80020148)". I have also tried this with the emulator folders in the PSP\GAME\ folder with the kernel on 1.5, but it does the same thing either way. Oh, and someone else mentioned to me that "whatever you place in the GAME150 folder, you need to use the 1.50 kernel. whatever you place in the GAME or GAME371 folder, use the 3.71 kernel." Which is the complete opposite of what i heard before and whether its true or not i tried this method as well and it changed nothing...
I dont know if the problem is just the emulators themselves and I'm not going to list where i got the emulators since it's probably against the rules but if that is the case i was hoping maybe someone could private message me a link. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Saracchini
October 18th, 2007, 14:33
You have an Slim PSP or a Phat PSP ?
In the 3.71 M33 readme says that the 1.50 kernel is not included anymore, so it will not run 1.50 kernel applications anymore. So with an plain 3.71 M33-1 or M33-2 you will not run these emulators.

In the phat case , you simply can install the 1.50 v2 add-on once to add support to run 1.50 kernel based applications (placed in GAME150 folder) .

In the Slim case ,as the slim doesn´t support the 1.50 kernel you shoud use e-loader to run it (i dont know if it will work... GPSP and DGEN runs) or download the new version of Snes9x made for 3.XX kernels. For emulators whici not runs in e-loader and it not ported yet to 3.xx kernel.. well... you will not be able to run it in Slim.

At this time most good emulators runs only with 1.50 kernel, and some of then (like PCEP) doesnt have the source code available and probabily will never be ported... but i expect in a near future most of teh emulators will require 3.xx kernel.

graydon
October 19th, 2007, 01:01
i see.. so even when i boot into the recovery console and switch the kernel to 1.5 it isnt actually changing the kernel to 1.5 at all because its not included anymore? if i dont actually have 1.5 on my psp that would explain why the emulators arent working, but i dont understand why they would leave the option to switch the kernel if it does nothing, or why they would even release an update of their firmware which is worse than the prior version.
i guess id just like to know how i can get 1.5 on it then. u say i can install the 1.50 v2 add-on once to add support to run 1.50 kernel based applications. where is this 1.50 v2 addon available and does it mean flashing the firmware again? thanks for the help by the way.

PLZKLLME0080
October 19th, 2007, 01:45
be sure that "hard reset on homebrew" (or whatever its called) is set to off in the recovery menu. that was why it wasnt working for me.

Saracchini
October 19th, 2007, 14:43
i see.. so even when i boot into the recovery console and switch the kernel to 1.5 it isnt actually changing the kernel to 1.5 at all because its not included anymore? if i dont actually have 1.5 on my psp that would explain why the emulators arent working, but i dont understand why they would leave the option to switch the kernel if it does nothing, or why they would even release an update of their firmware which is worse than the prior version.

The 3.71 M33 dont include the 1.50 kernel because Slim PSP doesnt support it, so for the it will be a waste of flash0 space include it. DAX released the add-on after the release to add the 1.50 kernel support to Phat PSP users only and it will remove the Location Free Player due the limitations of flash0 space. Why he forgot to remove the 1.50 kernel switch is agood question...
The unique major drawback of the 3.71 M33 is the bug in USB flash0 writing. At this moment i doesnt had any problem with another things (wifi, 1.50 and 3.xx homebrew, video and music playing, isos and the rest are working fine) and the theme support, video scene selection are very usefull for me (try start play an 2 hour movie in the midle in the old firmware versions and you will see why) . My latest brick with 3.71 M33 was provoced by a bad block in the NAND (its a physical failure, not CFW fault). The unique reason to stay at 3.52 M33-4 is if you like of custom XMB and another things which requires USB access to flash0.

i guess id just like to know how i can get 1.5 on it then. u say i can install the 1.50 v2 add-on once to add support to run 1.50 kernel based applications. where is this 1.50 v2 addon available and does it mean flashing the firmware again? thanks for the help by the way.
You can get the 1.50v2 add-on in this thread:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75898

graydon
October 22nd, 2007, 19:22
thanks for the help the 1.5 addon was exactly what i needed. respect! :D

sonicboom123
October 23rd, 2007, 17:02
err when i run the 1.5 addon it says incorrect or inexistant 150.pbp at root, where can i get this?

danknugz
November 13th, 2007, 04:14
err when i run the 1.5 addon it says incorrect or inexistant 150.pbp at root, where can i get this?
you need to get a original sony firmware 1.50 and rename it to "150.pbp" and put it into the root of your memory stick. then run the updater. it actually runs the sony updater but dont worry, its normal! freaked em out the first time.:rofl:

converge
November 28th, 2007, 11:30
just a question we're putting the 150.pbp in ms_root or somewhere else o.o?#

--EDIT--

now thats out of the way

now why doesnt any of the snes emulators work T_T

etodd1104
December 10th, 2007, 04:11
whre do i get 1.50

akasmooth
January 13th, 2008, 15:04
can i plz have link for the emulator

No_one_in_particular
January 13th, 2008, 16:32
Want us to wipe your arse for you too?

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/search.php

graydon
March 10th, 2008, 20:37
150.pbp -> click here (http://dl.qj.net/dl.php?fid=163)