PDA

View Full Version : QUERY: weird brightness toggle effects....

andrewwan1980
October 18th, 2007, 11:18
in 3.40 OE my brightness button toggles 4 brightness states from low to high. but everytime when I run homebrew (emulator, etc.) the brightness button toggles 3 states, high to low. Even when I set in my PSP menu screen to the lowest brightness, then run a homebrew, my brightness goes to the highest. Is this reversed or something?

GobboFett
October 18th, 2007, 14:45
I have actually noticed a similar issue with the LCD brightness but on my PSP slim (3.71 M33). When I play PS1 games the brightness will switch at some points where the game needs to load from brightness level 3 to level 1 and back again. An example is when playing Silent Hill, whenever I view my map or go into the inventory screen the brightness will switch to level 1 and after going back to map/inventory it will go back to level 3. This persists and I am unsure of this is a CFW bug or such...

Johnny Rash
October 19th, 2007, 07:54
That's odd.

I wonder if it has to do with more idstorage issues.

Switch to 3.52 M33-4 and see if the issue persists.

andrewwan1980
October 19th, 2007, 15:42
I did this as a research/experiment. My original PSP firmware was 3.50. I used noobz Lumines patch and downgraded to 1.50. Then I upgraded to 3.40 OE. I then downgraded back to 1.50 and everything is fine.

Then I upgraded back to 3.40 OE and realised about the brightness toggle bug. The toggle is in reverse (with 3 settings) when in 1.50 homebrew opposed to when in the PSP menu system (with 4 settings). People say it's because my idstorage keys corrupted? But I used noobz latest Lumines downgrader and they taken into account of the idstorage keys. Anyway, I was interested in trying out Chilly Willy's Key Cleaner. I did and then tried my 1.50 homebrew to see if it fixed the brightness bug. Nope. Bug/issue still there.

Then I downgraded back to 1.50. When I restarted it told me settings were corrupted, press O to reset them. Luckily it fixed it (by itself?) and is not bricked.

Mr-S
October 19th, 2007, 16:01
why dont you just go 3.52m33-4 theres no problem on there for me... i think another thread says its about the modchip (ta082) and 3.52m33 fixes it.

acn010
October 19th, 2007, 16:05
does it actually matter??? or is it cause your screen is so ****ed up that in order to not see the scratch you must level the light up to the highest?