PDA

View Full Version : Games Running Slow...

o2byzst
July 12th, 2005, 17:29
I'm using the newest version (y25) of the uo_snes9x emulator and it seems that most of the games I'm running run a little slow. Good examples would include, Mario World, Maximum Carnage, Death & Return Of Superman, SF II Turbo & Mario Kart. They all seem to be a little slugish and I'm hoping that someone out there can tell me why and help me improve the speed.

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 17:30
I'm using the newest version (y25) of the uo_snes9x emulator and it seems that most of the games I'm running run a little slow. Good examples would include, Mario World, Maximum Carnage, Death & Return Of Superman, SF II Turbo & Mario Kart. They all seem to be a little slugish and I'm hoping that someone out there can tell me why and help me improve the speed.

newest version is y27

Omatic
July 12th, 2005, 17:32
Well 1st off, there's a new version, y27, which I'm gonna test after I post this. It might be better.

2nd off, the best way to improve speeds is to set the frameskip at 2-3, and it should be up to speed with the orignal. However, you DO sacrifice graphical quality. Also, having the PSP clocked at 333mhz is almost a must.

BTW, in case you don't know, you can access the menu by hitting the joystick to the left.

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 17:34
from what i've heard, framskip of 1, no transparency, and 11-22khz sound works for most games

parabolee
July 12th, 2005, 18:26
I get great speed from -

Frameskip 1 (and on the rare games that are still slow- 2)
Auto frameskip ON
Screen 4:3 (my preference but doesn't effect speed)
Cpu 333mhz
Sound 44 khz (no loss of speed noticed from 11 khz)

SmashinGit
July 12th, 2005, 18:28
Try also defragmenting your memory card.

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 18:33
Try also defragmenting your memory card.

psp can't defrag a memory card, it only formats it. which wipes all data off it

parabolee
July 12th, 2005, 18:44
You can use the PC to defrag your PSP with the USB cable

xuphorz
July 12th, 2005, 18:53
You can use the PC to defrag your PSP with the USB cable

oh, right

but wouldn't the pc defrag it for use on the pc? causing the psp to not read it correctly?

parabolee
July 12th, 2005, 19:26
Nope I have done it a few times, just right click on the PSP drive and select defrag. it just re arranges all the files in the correct order with out being fragmented. It would only slow access down if you did a lot of file adding and removing. I do it every few days due to the EMU updates.