PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon makes its way into desktops, our hearts

Shrygue
October 18th, 2007, 19:00
via Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/18/ubuntu-7-10-gutsy-gibbon-makes-its-way-into-desktops-our-hearts/)

See you guys on the torrents, Ubuntu 7.10 is out today. Codenamed "Gutsy Gibbon" -- in that alliterative fashion that never gets old (yet) -- 7.10 includes the brand new GNOME 2.20 desktop, Compiz Fusion for gee whiz 3D interface effects, desktop search, fast user switching, Firefox plugin support, much improved monitor support and configuration (at last), and a whole bunch of other minor tweaks and major improvements.

Time will tell if this release proves to be the true commercial OS killer a lot of people are banking on, but there's no denying that Ubuntu Linux provides an increasingly attractive and perpetually free alternative to traditional operating systems and even many Linux desktop distributions. Welcome to the OS war, Gutsy Gibbon!

ICE
October 18th, 2007, 20:39
When my new ac gets here so i can use my laptop again this is the first thing im doing ;)

CANT WAIT!

Shadow_Mourner
October 19th, 2007, 18:46
Nice downloading now :)

The new features sound great :D