PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Hacking Porgram Possible???

thehumanidiot
October 18th, 2007, 22:16
If any of you have played Medal of Honor:Heros or some other games, there are always hackers there and it sucks, so my question is; Would it be possible for someone to make and anti-hacking program?? This should be simple to do since the people hacking have custom firmware, so someone might be able to make something that would ban a hacker as soon as they joined.

Cap'n 1time
October 19th, 2007, 00:47
Dunno what Medal of Honor is capable of. If there is a scripting language built in it wouldnt be too hard for a server guy to build a mod capable of checking to make sure certain instances were taking place and certain variables that were not expected to change never change.

It's also theoretically possible to beat the hackers at their own game. Normally these "hackers" just modify values in memory. It is very easy to do when data such as health, speed, and gravity are not stored server side and no check is placed on them. Anyway it is theoretically possible to create a program that puts checks on these memory locations. When the data changes the server could automatically boot and ban that player.

Once again I dont know anything about MoH, but I do know that often these methods are used to prevent those ****ing cheaters from ruining our games.

The King
October 19th, 2007, 00:53
you know wat could help
if the game servers actualy paid attention wen something was changed within the coding of the game

thehumanidiot
October 19th, 2007, 01:04
Dunno what Medal of Honor is capable of. If there is a scripting language built in it wouldnt be too hard for a server guy to build a mod capable of checking to make sure certain instances were taking place and certain variables that were not expected to change never change.

It's also theoretically possible to beat the hackers at their own game. Normally these "hackers" just modify values in memory. It is very easy to do when data such as health, speed, and gravity are not stored server side and no check is placed on them. Anyway it is theoretically possible to create a program that puts checks on these memory locations. When the data changes the server could automatically boot and ban that player.

Once again I dont know anything about MoH, but I do know that often these methods are used to prevent those ****ing cheaters from ruining our games.

yes this eaclty whatt i mean, its really fun online(there can be 32 people in one game!) but there is always at least one person hacking, they are floating about 150 ft in the air on the middle of the map, holding a rocket launcher, unlimited ammo, and are invinceable... it sucks

Cloudhunter
October 19th, 2007, 01:19
Afraid it isn't possible. It has to be done Sony Side - and they didn't bother having anti-cheat, as for official firmwares it isn't needed.

But then came custom firmwares, and pandora's box was opened, and cheats came out.

Cloudy

thehumanidiot
October 19th, 2007, 02:23
but if this was ran on a custom firmware psp, and the cheat was used on a custom firmware psp, why couldn't you do it??

Cloudhunter
October 19th, 2007, 03:00
but if this was ran on a custom firmware psp, and the cheat was used on a custom firmware psp, why couldn't you do it??

You can't remotely change their memory addresses, to stop them cheating. It doesn't work that way.

Cloudy

jacky1982
October 19th, 2007, 04:00
Thanks for this valuable thread!

ICE
October 19th, 2007, 04:09
All you can do to get back at them is learn to cheat better than them. Or at least thats what I always did ;)

DPyro
October 19th, 2007, 04:45
Only thing that could help is if the people who made the game made a patch which connects you the their servers and prevents you from changing memory values.

ICE
October 19th, 2007, 05:10
Only thing that could help is if the people who made the game made a patch which connects you the their servers and prevents you from changing memory values.

Well people have been ruining Socom for years now.. Zipper makes about 3 patches a year it seems and it doesn't do much.. In fact they even released one for the PSP Socom FTB 2 and it took all of 6 hours for it to be bypassed.

Mr-S
October 19th, 2007, 16:18
thats very pathetic... wats the point of cheating online??? u go against others to see how good your are, i only cheat now when i complete a game...

acn010
October 19th, 2007, 16:23
thats very pathetic... wats the point of cheating online??? u go against others to see how good your are, i only cheat now when i complete a game...

gain ranking and be popular without anybody noticing that the person cheated????:thumbup:

thehumanidiot
October 20th, 2007, 12:27
i know, but there all obsessed, theres no point to ranking anyway...