PDA

View Full Version : Pixie -Ebook Reader for the PSP Beta 2

wraggster
July 12th, 2005, 18:48
Sasq has released a new version of the Pixie Ebook reader for PSP. Heres whats new:

- New font handling, reader tries to find best available fonts
- Font and size changeable runtime
- Better conversion tools
- Keymapping completely configurable
- Bookmarks Set & Go functions

Download from Sasqs page here --> http://www.nightmode.org/pixie/ or our page here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pixie.shtml

Dvanburen
July 12th, 2005, 18:57
It would be nice to see an option to invert the text/bg colors, or maybe even set them independently.

parabolee
July 12th, 2005, 19:51
What file types does this support?

rest05
July 17th, 2005, 20:06
can someone help me to get this thing to work, i would appreciate it greatly

CHUCK67
July 17th, 2005, 23:59
yea me 2 i placed my text files and ebooks in the folder named books but it still wouldnt load them i just got an error message

Jdemon
July 18th, 2005, 05:12
reading config........aaaaand..crash!

The readme...which you need to rename to ".txt" says:

"These are commandline tools. You need to open a dosprompt and run them from there. If you dont know how to do that then too bad ;)"

Well first off that's not very "user friendly" of you. Second your crappy batch files crash on XP everytime...and third, the font "tool" dosen't do crap.

Thanks for a whole lot of nothing "Sasq"

CHUCK67 - did you get the program to even boot or did it just crash?

Dvanburen
July 18th, 2005, 05:49
I ran the program that generates the fonts and dropped it on the stick. I've been using it every night to read books :) Make sure you wipe out any old indexes and configs. Don't know if the old fonts will work.

David

Dvanburen
July 18th, 2005, 05:54
The readme...which you need to rename to ".txt"
This is fairly common practice, especially in the Unix/Linux community. All you have to do is double click and choose your fav. text editor.

rest05
July 18th, 2005, 18:06
Dvanburen: can you explain what you did? step-by-step please?

rest05
July 19th, 2005, 06:28
i got it to work, but how do i convert an ebook that is a pdf to any one that will work on this pixie reader? can anyone help?

rest05
July 21st, 2005, 16:59
help anyone?????

ProTH
July 21st, 2005, 20:26
Search for a program like PDF Ripper, which will allow you to convert PDFs to other formats like HTML or plain text.

TwinBlade
July 21st, 2005, 21:04
I can't get it to work.
I used commandprompt to open the bats, but the makefonts.bat crashes the whole time.
And when i open Pixie's Ebook Reader on my PSP, it says: "Reading Config" Then, it Crashes.

Well, i want to know how you got it to work Dvanburen. (Are you Dutch?)

ProTH
July 22nd, 2005, 06:47
It probably crashes on the PSP because it can't find the fonts that don't exist. Why your font .bat is crashing I don't know, but the fonts that were included with the first version work. I preferred the anti-aliased look of the version 1 font over what version 2 generated from my system fonts, so I pasted them in. Not all fonts and sizes the version 2 .bat generates were in version 1, so it might run into a problem if you try to increase/decrease to something which doesn't exist.

TwinBlade
July 22nd, 2005, 12:38
well
i've got it to work now, but i can't convert anything from html to book. or PDB. Well, then i think i must use .txt :(
convert doesn't work, just pop's up and go's away

i have to use beta 1, because beta 2 crashes.

Redstar141
August 26th, 2005, 18:21
to convery to .book (pixie ebook format) from pdf's open the pdf in adobe and click file-save as- text, then open in word and save as .html

edit the makebook file you'll notice a three lines follow their format for your own .html book

I can't seem to get this program to run on my psp i have a us v1.5

can someone give detailed in structions for this,

i used kploit in the same manner as I've used succesfully with other homebrews but it doesn't seem to work

P.S.
also the makefonts file i think it needs to be run from the windows console other wise it doesn't seem to work

Steel
December 1st, 2005, 04:11
Does Pixie work with version 2.01 of firmware, can anyone tell me ?