PDA

View Full Version : Nano-X v0.0.1 for PSP (Windows for your PSP)

wraggster
July 12th, 2005, 19:40
<a href="http://yaleh.blogspot.com/2005/07/nano-x-for-psp.html" target="_blank" >Yale Huang</a> has ported Nano-X otherwise known as Microwindows to the PSP, its an early port but impressive none the least :), heres what the coder posted:

Standalone mode nanox demos and microwindows demos runs on PSP now. There are still some bugs. Microwindows game "Mine" works fine. Currently, the porting can run with graphic modes of 16bit(555) and 32bit(8888). And I can debug with pspDebugScreenPrintf in 32bit mode. Pad inputs are mapped into mouse and keyboard.

It's still an unstable version. Only hackers may have interests in it. It will take weeks to make the porting stable. Then porting of Mozzilla is possible.”

Download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/nano-x.shtml

shizzle
July 12th, 2005, 21:01
can some one compile this please

RedKing14CA
July 12th, 2005, 21:59
umm.... tjis isnt the ___psp thing we've been waiting for is it? a.k.a winpsp???

edit: IS IT!??!? :eek:

edit- ok 1timeuser..... umm.... i guess i am "too dumb" to understand it... but um.... maybe someone could explain? and i prefer, "uneducated in the subject".... rather than "too dumb to understand" for "dumb" means "unable to produce speech..."

and im still waiting for ___psp or pspos or whatever, i finally got metal slug on it, and after 3 hours of playing, its still not old at all.... but booting it up with a windows sort of thing on my psp would be AWSOME...when ___psp comes out, i think ill be able to just die happy.... :D

Cap'n 1time
July 12th, 2005, 22:01
no. its just some thing else. most of you are to dumb to understand it so dont worry about it.

I dont quite understand, but is this a psp program running X? How exactly are they doing that?

shizzle
July 12th, 2005, 22:07
redking, if you had a look around you would see that winpsp isn't the only os thats been emulated, the neko project pc has which is quite a cool app and this. This a port of microwindows.

Has anyone compiled the source yet??

RedKing14CA
July 12th, 2005, 22:16
im sory, i just look at my computer screen and saw (Windows for your PSP)

so... i kinda clicked on it... and yeah.. im VERY slow sometimes... and i checked neko II out... it doesnt fully appeal to me... ill download this "micro windows" and check it....

edit- alright, i just like to say, i am so surprised/glad, i even own a psp, i never get new systems right when they come out, i got my ps2 in like 2001.. and my gba like right before the sp came out.... i am so glad i have this AWSOME system, i find it even better than my ps2, for it has the mp3, and atrac3 plus, and of course its extremely portable, and has an EXCELLANT battery life... this is the best system that i've ever had, and i'd like to thank the DCemu forums GREATLY, its from their news i first received the kxploit, gratly enhancing my psp's capabilities, and i like to thank dcemu's users/ viewers.... wihtout you, im sure i'd still be trying to put homebrew on my psp VERY unsuccesfully, and you guys are what pays dcemu.co.uk's bills! i;d like to thank Sony for making such a great system, and for making the 1.5/1.0 firmware, so easy to hack, we know deep inside that rotted money loving heart, their is great love for us.... thank you... thank you all.... thank every one!! thank God!!! thank you cross, thank you shadowprophet, and wraggster, and even you 1timeuser, thx to all of you!!!!

oh and you shizzle, and the mods (lynch, with yo millenium falcon dreamcast :P) and everyone i forgot... xuphorz.... allya guys are GREAT!!

shizzle
July 12th, 2005, 23:09
lol, don't get carried away with it redking, we all love the scene...

RedKing14CA
July 13th, 2005, 02:50
ok, i downloaded the nano-x thing (7 hours of metal slug later) and was wondering, how to use it on my psp, i tried unzipping it with win ace but it froze, tried again, froze, tried a third time, froze, so i unzipped with win ace and an error message popped up but it seemed as if it unzipped all of the files..... except... there is no eboot.............................................