PDA

View Full Version : NTSC pad has killed PAL DC console?

HANGAR13
October 20th, 2007, 12:40
Hi,
Just got a black sega sports ntsc pad & plugged it into my Pal Dreamcast, got to the main menu and could not select anything so thought i must of been sold a dodgey pad.

anyway i plugged my old PAL pad in and its still the same, i cant get past the menu:confused: non of the buttons work and the vmu doesnt beep when the machine is powered on

Anyone got any ideas how to sort this out?
cheers:thumbup:

HANGAR13
October 20th, 2007, 13:16
Just tried the black pad on my 2nd PAL Console & its done the same thing to it!

Thats 2 Dreamcasts fried!!:(

rokobungi
October 20th, 2007, 16:13
I say scrap the gamepad and open up the dreamcast and replace (or bypass) the resistor on the controller port pcb

the dreamcast is known to blow that resistor

here's what to do. http://consolevision.com/index.php?n=Dreamcast.ControllerFix

JKKDARK
October 20th, 2007, 16:13
I don't think the pad had something to do with the problem. Which was the last time you used your PAL Dreamcast? Maybe the controller port doesn't work.

Christuserloeser
October 20th, 2007, 20:46
Same here. I've been using both PAL and NTSC controllers on both PAL and NTSC machines and never had any problems.

Still, it's odd that it did that to both your Dreamcasts...

HANGAR13
November 1st, 2007, 18:14
Turns out it was the F1 fuse, twisted it and its working fine, ill replace it this week.

Anyway i took the pad apart and where the wires come out the bottom of the pad casing the blue one had snapped.

could this of caused it to blow the fuse as it was flicking the power to pad on and off when the wires were touching each other?

i have joined the wire back together now and its working fine but i dont wanna blow the fuse again, what do yous think? should i try the pad again when its fixed?