PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Device - Does this work for PS2 slim?

punkonjunk
October 20th, 2007, 19:45
Hey, I'm wondering if this device (http://www.linker4u.com/pp/item_detail.asp?itemID={1301DF8E-D62D-411B-800E-FB111FBEA0C4}) works for PS2 slim.

I just got a slim today for 50 bucks at a pawnshop, and I'm pretty happy. I'm looking to play uh, games and stuff with it, and I'm wondering if this device will work for that. Any input? Thanks.

pibs
October 20th, 2007, 21:37
it should work, but the HDD option wont work since its a ps2 slim and obviously doesn't have a HDD but u can work around that and use the usb drive option.

punkonjunk
October 20th, 2007, 22:32
Awesome. So this would boot legal backups, right?

pibs
October 20th, 2007, 22:57
it should cuz thats what they are advertising

"It includes absolutely everything you need in order to play your import and personal backup games"

punkonjunk
October 20th, 2007, 23:15
Awesome. I didn't know if it being a slim would effect anything. Thanks a lot for the help!

Tesseract
October 21st, 2007, 20:01
it should cuz thats what they are advertising

I wish it were that simple! :D I think it would be easier to count the products from Hong Kong that DON'T work as advertised....

I dunno about that Disc. It doesn't sound like it would ENABLE all that stuff to work. It actually sounds like it's just a collection of programs you can find for free online and they've just burned it to a disc. Basically something you'd already have to have a working Swap setup to be able to run.

I'd not recommend blowing $25 on anything you can't get any additional research on from impartial forums and the like.

punkonjunk
October 22nd, 2007, 04:12
I was thinking maybe I wouldn't need that swap step since the PS2 slim is you know, flip-top. What are my options for doing these things with a PS2 slim?

pibs
October 22nd, 2007, 04:33
well i dunno cuz it just seems like a swap magic which is what i use and it does give usb storage.
http://www.thegiantstore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=274

punkonjunk
October 22nd, 2007, 17:14
So what's the conclusion? This would work like swap magic? Would I need to mod or do anything special to a PS2slim's case to use it?