PDA

View Full Version : RemoteJoy guide for Vista x64

Twimfy
October 20th, 2007, 22:18
After spending the last two days trying to get remotejoy working on Vista 64-bit, I've finally come up with the answers for all of your problems.

you must use the links provided as there are many different SDLs

What you will need.

1. A PSP fat with firmware M33-2 3.71 and 1.50 kernel enabled.

2. The updated 3.71 remotejoy and usbhostfs prx's which can be found here http://dl.qj.net/RemoteJoy-and-Screenshots-for-3.71-M33-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/14684/catid/151

3. The remotejoy SDL which can be found here http://dl.qj.net/RemoteJoy-SDL-2007-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/13707/catid/140

4. The x64 PSP usb drivers for LibUSB which can be found here: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38562&highlight=psplink

5. PSP link 3.0 (which can be found inside the remotejoysdl)

Ok first thing you need to do is this. Follow the instructions provided with PSPlink and install it on your PSP. (it gives installation instructions for 3.40-0E but ignore this and just make sure you put the eboot in a homebrew folder i.e game or 371) and make sure you follow the instructions for seplugins exactly the same.

Make sure that all plugins within the M33 recovery menu are disabled (hold R when booting up then go to plugins.)

Unplug the USB cable from your PSP and load up PSP link to check that it loads without a 'could not be started' error.

Now. Shut down your PC and shut down your PSP.

Boot up your PC and as soon as it passes the bios press and hold F8. You should get a dos menu, if not restart until you get the timing right. Once you get to the menu, move to the option which disables driver signature enforcement and press enter. Your system should load.

Once into windows, fire up your PSP, insert the USB cable and start PSPlink. Your computer should detect new hardware, make sure you have extracted the x64 drivers provided in the link above. Cancel the auto driver install and go to control panel>device manager. Find the new device (PSP B) and right click and select update driver. Point the folder to the x64 drivers and click ok. Ignore any warnings and proceed as normal.

Once this is done. Shut down your PSP and your computer and reboot your PC making sure you press F8 again and disable the driver enforcement.

Once this is done start up your PSP and format the memory stick in the PSP using the PSP's own format option in system information (this will give you a good file structure.) Remember to back up anything you want to keep to your PC.

Now. Delete all of your downloaded files except those found in links 2 and 3. so you dont get confused between files and versions.

Out of the two remaining RAR's open and extract the 3.71 usbhostfs and remotejoy file.

Connect your PSP via USB and create a new seplugins folder in the root of your memory stick (e.g G:\seplugins

Copy usbhostfs.prx and remotejoy.prx into this file.

Then right click in the seplugins folder and create a new text document. in the text document type the following in this order.

ms0:\seplugins\usbhostfs.prx
ms0:\seplugins\remotejoy.prx

Then save the text file as GAME

After this is done close the USB connection, shut down the PSP and restart it and enter the recovery menu. Go to plugins and enable both of the new plugins (usbhostfs.prx and remotejoy.prx)

Now open up the remaining RAR (remotejoy SDL 2007) and extract it to where ever you like. This file will be used everytime you want to use your PSP to PC connection so put it somewhere where you want it all the time.

Double click on start-USBhostfs_PC a command box should open.

Then choose from the following

start-remotejoy (normal PSP size screen)
start-remotejoy_FPS (the same size with frames per second counter)
start-remotejoy_FS (fullscreen)
Start-remotejoy_FSFPS (same with frames)

You should see a box or the screen will go black if you chose full screen.

Now simply pick up the PSP choose a game or an ISO and start it.

You should now see your game running on your monitor.

One last thing, to improve performance go into the M33 recovery menu and increase the UMD/ISO speed to 333.

Have fun, other tips such as avoiding freezes and crashes can be found around the PSP news site.

tepoo
October 22nd, 2007, 13:01
hey, nice guide, but i have a little problem.

when i want to install the x64 drivers he tells me that he cant install the drivers.

i use a german vista ultimate version, could this be the reason?

i hope you can help me =(
i tryed so much now but nothing works.... he never can install the lib usb drivers.....

faking vista -.-

Twimfy
October 23rd, 2007, 13:56
Did you remember to do the F8 thing to disable the driver enforcement? This is the only reason why it wouldn't install them.

Other wise make sure you're pointing windows in the right direction.